Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thanks for the memories  (Read 2519 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 11:30:48 »

I forgot the Oxford game Beers

And Jummy Davis as well :evil:  Thank you for giving us the chance to see great talent, R.I.P Jimmy.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 11:41:58 »

Id be inclined to feel more sorry for him if he hadn'y treated the fans with contempt on many occasions.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Piemonte

« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 11:57:01 »

King had to go, his position had been increasingly untenneable.

I've generally supported him during his time here, and thought that he'd done a reasonable job given the limited and diminishing resources he was given to work with.

However, over recent weeks my gut feeling has changed - I felt like he was coming to the end of the line. OK, we've played reasonable football in the last couple of games, I dont think we were that bad v Bradfrod tbh but we still lost.

We underachieved last season with the squad we had, we all know which players were responsible for that. utimatley its up to him to get those players going. The same follows this season - decent players with no clear game plan, big names underperforming.

Either Thorpe. Cureton & Whalley - who've all had good and sucessfull careers at a higher level have totally forgetten what made them good in the first place or they were not being coached or motivated properly. The same could be said for the likes of Igoe, Howard, Evans etc last season.  Some trends during his era have always contuinued ie a shit defence. our back 4 on saturday are individually decent players, but did not play as a unit at all. This is kings fault - no-one elses.

In many ways hes not helped himself by just being himself. Even though I wasnt a memeber of the KOB I'd find myself shouting at the radio about some of his post match comments. when you've just lost 3-0 at home to the likes of Colchester for example, the last thing you want to hear is your manager contridicting himself over and over again before going off at the most random tangent you have ever heard.  You'd like to hear someone who sounds like they had a clue what went wrong.

The King era RIP - I dont hate you and you gave us some good memories. However your time had come to go. Lets hope this unites the fans.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:02:26 »

Your spot on Pie,i agree with everything you've said there,great post.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:44:56 »

I didnt like the bloke but thanks for the memories of the Play-Off year, that year gave me some of the best memories in recent years as a Town fan.

Going mental when Parkin gave us a 2-0 lead at Leeds was probably my best memory even though we didnt hold out.
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:52:44 »

I'm in no doubt he was utterly committed to Swindon Town, I've never said otherwise. But I do feel that he's lost the players and lost the fans, and the time had come for a new direction.

He tried his best, I'm sure of that, but the fact is his position is one that's based on results. And ours have hit rock bottom.

Thanks, and good luck, Andy.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 17:13:17 »

Well said all, I agree with pretty much everything in this thread.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 17:38:10 »

even though we didnt hold out.[/quote]

unfortunately that line sums it up

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 14:12:06 »

Thanks Andy, a manager that did more for the club than most appreciate under impossible circumstances. I have no doubt that with a lesser manager the club would at best be in league two and worst wound up by now so we have a lot to thank him for.

The playoff season was fantastic and easily my favourite season since 1995/1996, I only hope that we will get back to those highs again soon but I can't see it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: