Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: a note to paul davis and the trust  (Read 1704 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 22:50:23 »

firstly, congratulations on the excellent work you are doing for the club. i have an idea (sorry i dont know how to post on the trust website so hope you get this) Why not use all existing money plus money that would be generously donated to pay king's contract off (or a large chunk) instead of purchasing loan players? im sure the idea would be hugely popular and would help the club to move forward. I cant see king getting sacked because we simply cant afford it. just an idea

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 22:54:21 »

I think the money in the RAF can only be used for the money it was donated for, which is to put towards getting Swindon Town FC a new player.  So cannot legally be used for anything else.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 22:55:09 »

Quote from: "STFCere"
firstly, congratulations on the excellent work you are doing for the club. i have an idea (sorry i dont know how to post on the trust website so hope you get this) Why not use all existing money plus money that would be generously donated to pay king's contract off (or a large chunk) instead of purchasing loan players? im sure the idea would be hugely popular and would help the club to move forward. I cant see king getting sacked because we simply cant afford it. just an idea

Firstly all the money raised by the RAF is solely for a player and nothing else....its the rules of the Trust which is a democratic organisation.

Secondly I did suggest on another forum, that if the KOB believe there are 2000 refuseniks...if they donated their gate money from just 2 games it would provide sufficient funds to pay King off.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 22:59:57 »

Do you contribute stfcere?

I do and wouldn't be at all happy for my money to be used for this purpose.

/
W56196272
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 23:12:40 »

i have contributed, i guess if its legally binding that it must be used for signing players then fair enough. i just think the fans paying off king would be the only way to get rid of him. he wont walk unless his life is threatened which i sincerely hope doesnt happen. hes obviously not happy with the way things are going and that shows he cares but its best for everyone if he just walks. best for him, us, and the club

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
STFC Jeffrey

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 23:30:49 »

Agreed.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 23:34:45 »

Quote from: "STFC Jeffrey"
Agreed.

What part?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 23:36:17 »

Elsetrap and Reg are right, STFCere, when we launched the Red Army Fund we agreed with the club and the Supporters Club (who are co-sponsors of the scheme) terms and conditions under which the scheme would operate. These terms and conditions are published on the Red Army Fund section of the Trust website at http://www.truststfc.co.uk/RAF_terms.php. So we cannot use the money for anything other than strengthening the playing squad, as otherwise we would be open to the accusation of having collected money under false pretences, in essence. And as you can see from the above, many people who have donated would not be happy for the money to be used for any other purpose (even if they do want AK to quit), so ethically we couldn't suddenly decide to put the cash to another use. Hope that helps clarify the situation, if nothing else.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 09:40:59 »

What an absolutely fucking awful idea, are you comfortable in your padded cell?  Who is to say that the board want to sack King?  The trust do not run the club and shouldn't influence such matters.  It's a great way of generating extra income for new players, but to be used to pay off someone's contract is dubious and would leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

Having said that, it's rumoured the fucker's resigned so it's irrelevant anyway!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: