Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: some points from bournemouth game...  (Read 1870 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 17, 2005, 20:51:37 »

disappointing result, i think a draw would have been the fair result. probably the best performance ive seen so far, with more positives today than negatives. Migz played well with some confident touches etc, ifil had a better game, fallon looked determined etc. thought the gurney sending off was harsh but what do u expect from that bloody ref? knew before going into the ground that he'd cause trouble. Thorpe really doesnt deserve to start, i think roberts looks sharper when on the field and deserves to start ahead of thorpe. His penalty was terrible, had a feeling hed screw it up got no confidence whatsoever. weak and next to the keeper is the worst way to take a penalty. he must be dropped simply hasnt performed and doesnt even look like he has the potential to improve. one big difference today was the support. much more positive than the home support of late and i think that really helped the players.only one king out chant which was met with disgust by most town fans who just want to support. to all you idiots out there that think negative chants like that do any good stop it now, the team needs your support not that king out nonsense. listen, this is what would happen if king got sacked or resigned. the board led by the clueless gray would promote from within as they are hell bent on cutting costs and rightly so seems as we have no other choice. anyone that thinks reeves, woan or iffy would make a better manager than king needs their head checked they have no experience, no contacts, and if they had a clue we would be seeing their impact now. do everyone a favour and really get behind the team, it really does make a difference. lets hope that we win next time out because if we go down theres no way we'll come back up anytime soon we just cant afford it.

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 17, 2005, 20:55:50 »

Last season we couldn't get a pen this season we can't score a pen.....I wouldn't disagree with anything  you've written there.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 17, 2005, 21:15:20 »

didn't go today so it's always good to get people's views on the game.

I always find the away support is much better, not a criticism of our home support but it just generally feels much more positive.

I'd disagree with your point about the impact Reeves/Woan/Iffy have currently, King strikes me as the sort of manager who gets others to do things for him but doesn't want to listen to their advice. That's just my opinion though and I might very well be entirely wrong, after all Crosby had a positive effect as assistant.
Spencer_White

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 18, 2005, 07:56:32 »

Whether you like it or not theres a massive amount of Town fans who have had enough of King. He wouldnt resign if we lost another 8 games on the spin.

We are now 3rd bottom with a good set of players. Says it all.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 18, 2005, 08:03:23 »

Don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but Bournemouth's team was severely restricted through injury today, seemingly 10 first teamers were out for one reason or another. They were there for the taking and we weren't/aren't good enough at the moment. :evil:

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 18, 2005, 15:43:47 »

From a Bournemouth board.

'Never been so Proud of 3 points  

In 17 years supporting the Club I have never been more proud of 3 points than I am tonight.

Not meaning to be horrible but the team that we had out today (on paper) was probably one of the weakest ever.'

Fucking disgrace. I tell you something else. The team we had out yesterday (on fucking paper) is a very decent set of players.

Hes got the body language of a beaten man now. Just like the last 2 early season slumps weve had he will now shrug his shoulders, bemoan his luck and kick about hoping things will get better, only sticking it out in the hope of a pay off if hes sacked. Fuck off King, youre pathetic.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 18, 2005, 15:48:01 »

What do you do about it though? If these players are as great as you say they are surely they could have pulled ONE result out of the bag in the last few games?
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 18, 2005, 15:59:31 »

You get them organised like a fucking football team!

Motivation and iniative go a long way in this game, even up to the Premiership (Bolton and Everton).

Only players at the moment who are taking games by the scruff of the neck are Fallon and Ifil (and maybe Pook to a degree). The rest are playing like a flock of SHEEP! Thats why we are loosing.

Just get someone in whos going put some belief inside these players. Its a shit shit dogshit league. Only good footballing side weve played this season have been WYCOMBE! and their not even in our league. No one else has impressed me yet in this league. Barnsley, Forest, Yeovil, Blackpool, Walsall, Bournemouth all fucking shit teams.

The likes of Wigan and Plymouth have won this league on 90% organisation and fitness. Weve got the quality players we need GRIT and DETERMINATION!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 18, 2005, 16:30:22 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
You get them organised like a fucking football team!

Motivation and iniative go a long way in this game, even up to the Premiership (Bolton and Everton).

Only players at the moment who are taking games by the scruff of the neck are Fallon and Ifil (and maybe Pook to a degree). The rest are playing like a flock of SHEEP! Thats why we are loosing.

Just get someone in whos going put some belief inside these players. Its a shit shit dogshit league. Only good footballing side weve played this season have been WYCOMBE! and their not even in our league. No one else has impressed me yet in this league. Barnsley, Forest, Yeovil, Blackpool, Walsall, Bournemouth all fucking shit teams.

The likes of Wigan and Plymouth have won this league on 90% organisation and fitness. Weve got the quality players we need GRIT and DETERMINATION!

I think thats 100% spot on Spencer...

Good players dont always make a good team, its up to the manager to get them playing as a team

Everyone thinks Mourinho has an easy job because he can buy anyone he wants, but he still has the task of getting to work as a unit, the turnover of players at Chelsea probably makes his job harder.

Only thing i'd say is I think Migz has been playing well, but didnt get a mention.

Also, as mentioned by STFCere, Roberts looked sharp, the first thing he did was peg it all the way back to right back to win the ball.
Sussex

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 18, 2005, 16:46:45 »

Quote from: "STFCere"
disappointing result, i think a draw would have been the fair result. probably the best performance ive seen so far, with more positives today than negatives. Migz played well with some confident touches etc, ifil had a better game, fallon looked determined etc. thought the gurney sending off was harsh but what do u expect from that bloody ref? knew before going into the ground that he'd cause trouble. Thorpe really doesnt deserve to start, i think roberts looks sharper when on the field and deserves to start ahead of thorpe. His penalty was terrible, had a feeling hed screw it up got no confidence whatsoever. weak and next to the keeper is the worst way to take a penalty. he must be dropped simply hasnt performed and doesnt even look like he has the potential to improve. one big difference today was the support. much more positive than the home support of late and i think that really helped the players.only one king out chant which was met with disgust by most town fans who just want to support. to all you idiots out there that think negative chants like that do any good stop it now, the team needs your support not that king out nonsense. listen, this is what would happen if king got sacked or resigned. the board led by the clueless gray would promote from within as they are hell bent on cutting costs and rightly so seems as we have no other choice. anyone that thinks reeves, woan or iffy would make a better manager than king needs their head checked they have no experience, no contacts, and if they had a clue we would be seeing their impact now. do everyone a favour and really get behind the team, it really does make a difference. lets hope that we win next time out because if we go down theres no way we'll come back up anytime soon we just cant afford it.

Good post STFCere.

I got dizzy though! Paragraphs?  :?  Cheesy
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 18, 2005, 21:12:51 »

Im thought we were ok.

Its just a thing Sad

/
W56196272
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 08:43:34 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Im thought we were ok.

Its just a thing Sad

That's because you were too busy chanting at DM and Reeves for God as well as chanting about Mex's car. Wink

Seriously though, we weren't too bad - if the ref hadn't got that decision on the penalty so undeniably wrong then I'm sure we would have gone on to win the game - unfortunately though we didn't and that's what the record books will show.

A bad result against Bradford and we will be interviewing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: