Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, March 19, 2024, 16:58:09)
Jack Bycroft - 0 (0%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 0 (0%)
Tom Brewitt (sub 61) - 0 (0%)
Conor McCarthy - 0 (0%)
Udoka Godwin-Malife - 18 (40%)
Dawson Devoy - 0 (0%)
George McEachran (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Ricky Aguiar - 3 (6.7%)
Sean McGurk (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Aaron Drinan (sub 61) - 1 (2.2%)
Paul Glatzel - 21 (46.7%)
Williams Kokolo (on 45) - 0 (0%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (on 45) - 0 (0%)
Charlie Austin (on 61) - 1 (2.2%)
Zach Elbouzedi (on 61) - 1 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Doncaster MoM Thread  (Read 1635 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 16:58:09 »

Another game closer to it all being over
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 17:05:57 »

Dokes followed by Glatzel for me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 17:24:47 »

As a stats man, I'd be intrigued at the end of the season to see how many votes our defenders got (as a % or in total) when we kept a clean sheet, or just one goal against.  I'd hazard a guess the majority of their votes have come from losses, or games where we conceded multiple goals.  Rather says it all, if true.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 17:40:17 »

As a stats man, I'd be intrigued at the end of the season to see how many votes our defenders got (as a % or in total) when we kept a clean sheet, or just one goal against.  I'd hazard a guess the majority of their votes have come from losses, or games where we conceded multiple goals.  Rather says it all, if true.

Luckily I am a stats man too and keep those numbers!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 19:29:14 »

Not sure why there have been so many votes for UGM? His primary role is defending. He did very little of that, but sacrificed positioning and helping solidify the defence, in order to surge forward and attack.

Glatzel looks to be a trier. Gave his all. A 6/10 performance, which was sadly better than everyone else!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 19:36:36 »

Not sure why there have been so many votes for UGM? His primary role is defending. He did very little of that, but sacrificed positioning and helping solidify the defence, in order to surge forward and attack.

Glatzel looks to be a trier. Gave his all. A 6/10 performance, which was sadly better than everyone else!
He was our ONLY attacking threat and set up the goal. Apart from Glatzel there was no other candidates. Under Gunning we don’t even know if he was supposed to defend first half.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 20:17:42 »

Dokes by some distance.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 20:32:14 »

Agreed
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 16, 2024, 20:43:50 »

Dokes by some distance.
By a Country Mile.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 06:37:39 »

Probably UGM, but I think his lack of concentration was a big factor in their second goal

Things get better but they never get good
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 08:38:25 »

Probably UGM, but I think his lack of concentration was a big factor in their second goal
Watched the highlights this morning. You can clearly see that he was at fault for both goals.

If we hadn't conceded two goals, he wouldn't have needed to go rampaging up field.

Unfortunately, I think the way he plays is part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 10:01:54 »

A successful UGM rampage is good to watch & they do tend to stick in the mind.
Good asset to have for next season particularly if he can improve on some aspects of the day job.
Beaten by quick feet for their second but maybe could have got closer.
First goal looked like a collective failure. Firstly to win the ball initially, then compete for the second ball after the clearance coupled with a lack of anticipation & getting back in to cover.

Went for Glatzel.
A key piece of the jigsaw for next season.
Seems quite resilient so far which bodes well, got up & got on with it after a couple of clatterings.

I suspect that Drinan got the nod due to the physical nature of their CB giants and set pieces & competing for high balls were a constant grappling match.
Plenty of shirt pulling going on and a clear one on Charlie in the box but never going to be given even if spotted.

Ref didn't break sweat and just jogged around to keep up with play which could be a testament to a lack of genuine gut busting effort from 18th & 19th in L2.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 14:37:11 »

I’m baffled how UGM has got so many votes for MoM yesterday. He was at least partly culpable for both goals - on the first, Brewitt lost the ball and got caught upfield, McCarthy’s header was awful, but UGM didn’t track his man - who ran past him to score.
For the second goal his attempt to tackle the scorer was risible.
Having said that, Gunning is largely to blame for yesterday’s shambles - going with a flat back 4 with UGM as RB, Brewitt as the RCB was suicidal - McCarthy as LCB isn’t ideal as he doesn’t have a left foot, and FBT looks lost at LB.
The change to a back 5 using UGM and Kokolo as wing backs worked to some extent - for 20 mins or so we looked as though we could get back level, so Gunning decided to change shape again when Austin and Elbouzedi came on, and we didn’t really have the same threat after that. Utterly clueless.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 10:37:29 »

Went for Glatzel.

As an aside, how bad was Brewitt? I WANT to like him but he is absolutely atrocious. Like a bull in a china shop and spreads panic whenever he plays.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 10:40:15 »

Went for Glatzel.

As an aside, how bad was Brewitt? I WANT to like him but he is absolutely atrocious. Like a bull in a china shop and spreads panic whenever he plays.

Never was a fan of Brewitt, but he has dropped off big time. Him playing alongside McCarthy just showed the gap between the 2. At fault for both goals. It was an enormous mistake to pick him.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: