Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Accrington Stanley (who are they) Matchday Thread  (Read 14994 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 08:35:15 »

I'd have probably taken being one place behind Notts County at this stage at the start of the season! Amazing the speed they've dropped off at.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 08:47:54 »

Highlights - First 15/20 minutes, Drinan's goal

The rest - appalling. I think Paul Bodin summed it up best when he basically said our tactic appeared to be to line 6 players up near the penalty area and get the defenders to smash the ball forward more in hope than expectation. I know some get wound up about tippy tappy football, but surely you have to have some kind of balance rather than a tactic that looks very easy to defend against. Very bad night at the office.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 08:52:04 »

The Sunday league approach upstairs has drifted down to the pitch this season. Supermarine would batter us.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 08:54:14 »

So has everyone decided that it is Dry Nan now then?

I think that's how the Irish pronounce it FWIW.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 08:59:39 »

There was still a sizable portion of people clapping the players off last night, absolutely incredible. Not quite sure what sort of performance it would take to change that.

There were pockets of anger from DRS aimed at the players after the game but mostly apathy.

Don't know where we go from here. Lowest I've felt supporting this club.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 09:07:37 »

There was still a sizable portion of people clapping the players off last night, absolutely incredible. Not quite sure what sort of performance it would take to change that.

There were pockets of anger from DRS aimed at the players after the game but mostly apathy.

Don't know where we go from here. Lowest I've felt supporting this club.

Sadly age coupled with loyalty has caught up with me.
This is the worst I have felt.

Congratulations Clem and all your hangers on.

The apathy in the stands summed it up last night. Everyone just chatting to each other whilst a shambolic game was being played.
Club is dead.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 09:11:13 »

For me the bit that makes me most angry is that fans who have been following the club for 40, 50 or more years such as Posh, Banbury, Myself and many others are at a stage where we genuinely dont care about whats going on in matches any more.

Of course we care but we care about the state of the club not about the players and manager etc, they could genuinely all fuck off now and I wouldnt shed a tear from the very top to the very bottom.

I am getting to a point that I cant even be bothered to watch games online even, I lose interest early on after getting mildly interested, I still watch but dont even cheer when we score and just shrug my shoulders when we concede and as for losing...it doesnt even upset me now.

Thats only the 2nd time in my 50 years of following Swindon that I have felt this way, the other was under Captain of the Titanic Sheridan, I have a similar feeling with Gunning in charge.

Hes blatantly not a tactician, he makes awful subs, the players run around like headless chickens under his orders, its an absolute shambles on and off the pitch.

Yes Accrington scored an absolute worldy and Devoy gave away the softest of penalties that cost us any points but after the first 30 mins we barely looked threatening on their goal and every time they attacked (which wasnt much) we looked capabale of conceding again, and Accrington genuinely were terrible, so what does that make us? other than an absolute laughing stock.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 09:14:37 »

Last night's on field show seemed to sum thing up off the pitch pretty well.

Everything seems disjointed, everything seems lackadaisical, everything seems 'shrug of the shoulders'. If you look at the club holistically, from Clem down, the whole place is pretty much a mess. Where is the long term thinking and planning, how does the owner expect fans to bond with the players if we're using the place as a rehabilitation clinic and a revolving door to cash in on any talent at the first opportunity? I'm sorry, but Clem's rant about SWINDON SHOULD BE A FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB at the Fans forum was absolute hot piss steam in a busy urinal. The stadium is crumbling (despite us seemingly having spent a fortune on repairs), god only knows how many of these players are here to build something next season or if they even want to and we have an interim rookie manager with barely any support staff who appears to have the tactic book of an excited gung ho teenager that believes that packing as many attacking players on the pitch at one time is going to be a recipe for success.

Look at how Steve Cotterill has turned FGR around. An experienced lower league manager having a bloody good go at keeping them up. What do we do, chuck Clem's patsy into the dugout. Frankly the results speak for themselves, 18th in League 2. How's Clem going to spin selling ST's now after last season's propoganda?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 09:17:12 by Bob's Orange » Logged

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 09:19:59 »

I am getting to a point that I cant even be bothered to watch games online even, I lose interest early on after getting mildly interested, I still watch but dont even cheer when we score and just shrug my shoulders when we concede and as for losing...it doesnt even upset me now.

Been there a while. Forgot we were even playing until half time last night I was watching YouTube and hadn't even checked the bloody score.

But don't worry STFC Manc will be along shortly to tell you that you're actually lying, as is tradition.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 09:20:47 »

Respect to the Accrington fans.

* IMG_1018.jpeg (285.67 KB, 1233x1187 - viewed 113 times.)

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 09:24:28 »

This. I want us to score, but when we do there's zero emotion. It's the same for conceding. The life has been completely sucked out of the club.

Yet i still watch every game for some reason. It's like a harmful addiction.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 09:26:29 »

It’s exactly that - an addiction
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 09:32:22 »

Last night's on field show seemed to sum thing up off the pitch pretty well.

Everything seems disjointed, everything seems lackadaisical, everything seems 'shrug of the shoulders'. If you look at the club holistically, from Clem down, the whole place is pretty much a mess. Where is the long term thinking and planning, how does the owner expect fans to bond with the players if we're using the place as a rehabilitation clinic and a revolving door to cash in on any talent at the first opportunity? I'm sorry, but Clem's rant about SWINDON SHOULD BE A FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB at the Fans forum was absolute hot piss steam in a busy urinal. The stadium is crumbling (despite us seemingly having spent a fortune on repairs), god only knows how many of these players are here to build something next season or if they even want to and we have an interim rookie manager with barely any support staff who appears to have the tactic book of an excited gung ho teenager that believes that packing as many attacking players on the pitch at one time is going to be a recipe for success.

Look at how Steve Cotterill has turned FGR around. An experienced lower league manager having a bloody good go at keeping them up. What do we do, chuck Clem's patsy into the dugout. Frankly the results speak for themselves, 18th in League 2. How's Clem going to spin selling ST's now after last season's propoganda?

How's Clem going to spin selling ST's now after last season's propaganda? Simple, he’s not.

Good post BTW.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 09:54:28 »

That, for me was the most depressing game of Gunning's spell so far. Yes we played some good football for the first 30 minutes but second half from minute 46 was the first time during Gunning's latest stint that the players,Austin apart showed a complete lack of desire and commitment . I've tried to see positives and to be fair,in all of his games there has been some on the field even during our defeats but once the equaliser went in it was inevitable we'd lose. 30 points dropped from winning positions is unbelievable and that includes many Flynn games

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 10:45:44 »

Their owner was in the boardroom tonight with Hart. No CEO present.

But, but, Adam Hart has nothing to do with the running of the club!

Our fearless leader said so himself!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: