Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Franchise pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 15465 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, February 16, 2024, 13:37:23 »

Does that matter? If a ticket has been sold it’s been sold.
It matters if you are calling it an ATTENDance figure (a factual documentation of the number of people in attendance). It would also be nice to know how many people are actually interested enough to turn up and watch the team play on a particular day.
Just a personal gripe of mine, I admit!
(I love stats so would even be keen to know the number of fans with tickets that didn't make it along!)
« Last Edit: Friday, February 16, 2024, 13:40:43 by sir windon » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, February 16, 2024, 14:36:57 »

Hope make a better fist if this than we did their empty echo chamber. I doubt we’ll go 0-3 down but I think another draw is more likely or a narrow win as an outside bet.
We'll have a better side this time for definite

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, February 16, 2024, 14:55:19 »

We'll have a better side this time for definite

I was thinking that it was going to be very similar, if not slightly weaker, but forgot that Kemp (couldn't) & Young (didn't) start the game last time.

One thing is for sure though, we will definitely have more options from the bench this time, and the CB pairing will be much better
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, February 16, 2024, 16:06:19 »

It matters if you are calling it an ATTENDance figure (a factual documentation of the number of people in attendance). It would also be nice to know how many people are actually interested enough to turn up and watch the team play on a particular day.
Just a personal gripe of mine, I admit!
(I love stats so would even be keen to know the number of fans with tickets that didn't make it along!)

England Ladies internationals are a favourite of mine..

Described as a 'sell out' but obviously include tickets given away to schools etc etc...

Clems Army!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, February 16, 2024, 19:51:42 »

Bar 71 not open for away fans tomorrow due to unforeseen circumstances
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, February 16, 2024, 22:45:20 »

I was thinking that it was going to be very similar, if not slightly weaker, but forgot that Kemp (couldn't) & Young (didn't) start the game last time.

One thing is for sure though, we will definitely have more options from the bench this time, and the CB pairing will be much better
Spot on. The bench VS Franchise was Ward, Genesini, Young, Obodo, Hart, Minturn, Alston…
adje

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 09:20:44 »

Starting 11 will be miles better 'n' all I reckon.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 09:22:38 »

I hope Kemp plays - according to Bradford fans he ambled about looking utterly disinterested.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 09:30:32 »

I hope Kemp doesn't play. Because he's still the best player in the league.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 09:38:04 »

Not at MK he isn’t.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 10:32:20 »

Easy 3-1 for them. Kemp will no show but it won’t matter. Devoy with a late consolation.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 10:34:48 »

Easy 3-1 for them. Kemp will no show but it won’t matter. Devoy with a late consolation.

Devoy won't be allowed to play so if he does score a late consolation it'll be a bigger problem Cheesy
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 10:45:13 »

Devoy won't be allowed to play so if he does score a late consolation it'll be a bigger problem Cheesy

I no longer trust my premonitions.

I’ll go with, I dunno, McKirdy then. A late McKirdy consolation. Why not? 😁
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 10:48:09 »

A player is only as good as his teammates, at Swindon all our play was dictated to by him so looked good, at MK he also has Gilbey, Robson, Bate and Payne in midfield who all try to dictate the run of play.

They have played Kemp wide left, wide right, attacking midfield and as an out and out striker so far with very little success, they are trying to squeeze in a very square peg into a very round hole and so far have yet to find a role that he is suited to playing.

Hes an obvious talent but if his mind is not in the game as we know he does go awol in games, he has to be the hub of the play, at MK he is not that.

If he does play today then hopefully his head is not in the game against the team he really enjoyed playing for rather than the one he currently plays for and against teammates who he considers to be mates.

On Tuesdays showing I would play.

Bycroft
Dokes     McCarthy    FBT     Kokolo
             Khan          McEachran
                       McGurk
Elboozy                                 Glatzel
                     Austin

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 10:53:21 »

Reading thier forum they seem to be less than impressed with all their keeper options currently, if we hit the target as many times as we did vs Gills, Salford and Newport there is a great chance we will score a few goals, a big ask though.

McKirdy and RHM coming off the bench to create havoc against a slow ponderous defensive trio.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: