Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon-based photographer  (Read 588 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 10:12:59 »

I'm looking for someone to take some nice-ish photos at a family party next month, and don't really know anyone local. Would be 60-90 minutes at the CG and then obviously sending the photos over afterwards. Not really looking for a serious wedding photographer to edit them all up or anything (or more accurately, looking to pay the amount wedding photographers charge!) but happy to pay a reasonably generous rate for a couple of hours work (budgeting about £100 or something but not really sure what reasonable is) . Perhaps someone starting out or a college student with decent kit?

Anyone know anyone/got any recommendations?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 10:13:36 »

James Spencer does photography doesn't he?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 10:14:40 »

James Spencer does photography doesn't he?

Got more time on his hands than usual, to be fair!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 19:31:55 »

If I lived locally Nemo, I would gladly come and take some party shots for you. I have stayed away from Wedding and Party shoots for some time but they are ok on occasion.

I do think you will struggle on the £100 marker. Maybe £150 would be your starting point to approach an ok photographer {student or part experienced} with no edits ot extras. Essentially you're just wanting a license for personal usage {aka the bare min service}.

Also, with regards students, I've always gone by the stance of ''just because you're starting out, doesn't mean you have to lower your starting price''. I've advised several on this, all about valuing your ability first - otherwise creates a cultures of an ever diminishing value, in what is already an industry that is often underappreciated. There's far too many trying to take advantage of younger people doing something for free or cheap beyond respect. It's a similar story with musicians and many other creative practices unfortunately.

Btw, I'm not saying that's you - you're clearly just trying to figure out someone who could provide to limited service you require and unknown of the price point. But yep, I'd maybe up it to around the £150 mark as I can see several asking for about £200. So there would possibly be a middle ground of anything from £160 - £180.

Finally, without exploiting someone younger/desperate for a gig, people will find that with photograph {in the main} it's very much a matter of you will get the service and quality that you pay for Cheesy

There are folk on here who can vouch for some of my work and references elsewhere too but unfortunately I would possibly come in at a bit too high a price point I think

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: