Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TrustSTFC - direction & AGM  (Read 27566 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 21:10:40 »

No not at all i have seen people say I am so and so of the trust but its not the case. My mate is an ex board member from over a year ago and still stays in touch with the current board, he was telling me about the trust and their current challenges. I asked him about the trust as i am thinking of becoming a member myself and joining but as per my original question why would i become a member when people on the board have effectively slated the organisation they are part of already, it makes no sense to me and makes me not want to join as a member. Its as simple as that and why i asked. I dont understand your reason given drummer becuase if i worked for a company and i slated them in public even if i didnt agree with things they did i would still not do that in public. Its my view and others may not agree and thats fine, but with the 2 people i have referenced still being on the board i wont be looking to join.

The trust is not an employer, it is a democratic, membership organisation. Glad I  could clear that up for you.

If you don't want these two to be part of the Trust board, surely the only way to ensure that would to be a member and stand and vote against them?
swindontown2024

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 21:42:12 »

No is not an employer but people should surely act and behave in a way that is a good representation of the trust, my reference to a company was simply just an example of how in other situations / environments where people behave in a poor manner they have to align to policies and when those are broken there are consequences. I think we both know that the trust isn't a company, but hopefully you get my point now. Not tying to be clever but whether you volunteer for a organisation, are a boy scout there are rules and behaviours you have to adhere to, otherwise you find yourself no longer within those organisations.

Drummer you have gone off on a political tangent and not stuck to the point of my message and argument with your thoughts, (deflecting away from areas that you don't want to discuss maybe), any organisation whether a not for profit, charity, company should be aim to have a team that works together to achieve their aims, its never about one person. However a rogue member that attacks and undermines the organisation they are part of and supposed to support in my view isn't a good look and not one i wish to be part of and sign up to.  I think perhaps it needs a complete rethink on their aims and how they can work together as a team for the good of the fans, but perhaps a complete start from scratch is needed and not have legacy board members who have history of bizarre and unprofessional actions that i have eluded to above. If that was the case and the decks were clear without legacy baggage then maybe i would stand.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 21:49:58 »

Jesus christ, this is excrutiating

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 21:59:16 »

I can't work out who is who. But the trust was a fucking state so roll on change
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 22:00:59 »

I would like to say how interesting it is but sadly I can’t Eek

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 22:15:13 »

Boy Scouts? Ooh suit you. It's giving Ray Mears vibes. All I can think of now is the Trust HQ as a Scout Masters hut 

For that reason, I vote Bennett. Bennett FTW

Actually no, metaphorically fucking burn it all down

NB: Bennett, please don't turn out to be a Scout Leader
Cue, posts pic of himself in Saharan Sand shorts and a pair of Birkenstocks  Crying

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 22:36:36 »

If needed, Bennett, you've got my vote.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 23:32:25 »

So the trust board was full of Tories, need some of us left wing agitators back. Where are you Paul D and co. No cozying up to the board with us lot!
Vamos el revolucion de Don Bennett!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 23:47:20 »

Politicking and mudslinging ahead of an AGM? Gosh some cages really have been rattled haven't they.

Good luck to those looking to make a positive change.
Whilst we all knew the Trust had become a complete sham this level of mudslinging is spectacular.

Should have guessed it was would end up like this when Mytton criticised sections of the supporters in his resignation tweet.

I’m half expecting Spencer et al to go and work directly for Morfuni and try and actively undermine the future Trust if they are more militant towards the club.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, January 27, 2024, 12:27:06 »

The Trust, as a 'democratic' organisation is in a difficult position, and members of the board are in not a dissimilar position to MPs and other elected members. Are they representatives? If so, of whom? Is it the whole fanbase, the members of the Trust, or those who actually elected them. Whatever the answer to that question, how do they trawl opinion? If they trawled opinion just on here, how many different opinions would they encounter, never mind the whole fanbase. They have a mission statement which is roughly equivalent to a manifesto, but it deals with generalities not detailed policies and strategies. Further complications follow when one or two of the board members are appointed to the board of the football club, where they are likely to be required to accede to some kind of confidentiality clause (perfectly normal in any institution), so for them, even feeding complete and accurate information back to the Trust board may be difficult.

Alternatively, they may consider themselves to be delegates - as of course most MPs do and the Trades Unions have done with their card voting system.  If that's the case, it opens the way for forceful individuals with their own agendas to pursue those agendas with minimum of checks
and balances from the electorate. That's what happened when I was on the board for a short period quite a long time ago. It doesn’t matter whether such agendas are good/popular or not. If they are pursued without the general support of the 'constituency' they risk coming unstuck.

The Trust is clearly in a difficult place now and mistakes have clearly been made; but it is not simply a problem of individual members of the board going in the wrong direction. It is a structural problem similar to that faced by many democratic institutions are fa ing - lack of clarity about where their authority comes from.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, January 27, 2024, 13:14:41 »

How many Trust members are there🤔

Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, January 27, 2024, 13:18:46 »

How many Trust members are there🤔

It’s on the home page of their website.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, January 27, 2024, 13:21:41 »

It’s on the home page of their website.

Thanks Fraser.

doversparkred

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, January 27, 2024, 13:52:13 »

I’d be happy to stand for election to the trust, but I’m not an existing member so does that rule me out? I’ve never been a member before, and am not convinced the ground JV is a good idea, plus I live in Bath so plenty of reasons why I might not be a popular choice! But I’d love to find out where the bodies are buried and lobby for a community ownership bid and/or fan representation on the board, and generally try and sort the trust comms out.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, January 27, 2024, 14:21:10 »

I’d be happy to stand for election to the trust, but I’m not an existing member so does that rule me out? I’ve never been a member before, and am not convinced the ground JV is a good idea, plus I live in Bath so plenty of reasons why I might not be a popular choice! But I’d love to find out where the bodies are buried and lobby for a community ownership bid and/or fan representation on the board, and generally try and sort the trust comms out.

You had to be a member on the 31st Dec I believe but you can always approach them after the AGM, once you are a member.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: