Poll
Question: Is there a way back for this ownership?
Yes- - 21 (29.6%)
No - 50 (70.4%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem- Bouncebackability  (Read 5036 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 15:01:34 »

Also, I can't help but when I see RA or write RA, I think of one of my former jobs. @Batch might know what I'm on aboot  Cheesy

Was it as High Priest of Ptolemaic Egypt?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 15:11:04 »

Was it as High Priest of Ptolemaic Egypt?

Ah God of Crafts, maybe?

Not this time. But what I'm doing today, quite possibly and uncannily close - especially with the attire  Clap

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 15:12:50 »

Your avatar needs updating bambi.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 15:25:32 »

Your avatar needs updating bambi.

Indeed. I thought things were slowly on the up. Time for things to look a bit tired, crest years to all drop again, the deflated golden football to emerge and the robin to fall off its perch.

It's all very sad when I have to manipulate the crest like that. I take no joy from it  Crying

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 15:51:04 »

Too far down the road with Clem now, he's a proven liar time and time again. Needs to sell up, and properly, not to another one of his mates who'll just continue to fuck us into the oblivion of non league. We go down, we're not coming back up again any time soon, it's too important to let these pricks gamble with our club.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 16:10:50 »

The LSpod was great. Both spoke well. My takeaway was that Morfuni does not understand that his pursuit of a “sustainable” club does not appeal, if sustainability equates to getting to a point that he does not have to put money in. That’s not how football works. You have to speculate, hope to accumulate, and have big enough pockets to survive if that doesn’t happen. Morfuni does not have the funds to do that, so needs to actively pursue an exit. Otherwise, we’ll all have to grow excited at finished 12th in League 2, which I’m just not sure I can do.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 16:14:44 »

Power said at the outset that Clem didn’t have enough money to run the club.

Not that Power used any of his - how’d  he get away with it for so long.
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 16:19:17 »

Its a hard no from me.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 16:44:57 »

One of my line managers early in my career gave me some advice that has stayed with me a long time: 'always under-promise and over-deliver'.   Morfuni's problem is he's done the opposite.  He talked a very good game early on, but has failed to live up to his own hype.

If, magically, the ground redevelopment started to progress.  And if we started to see investment in the squad - proper investment, that is, not the sale of our best players to fund cheaper replacements.  And if there was, finally, transparency about the club's financials - then I think there would be a path back.  But I doubt any of these things will happen.

The final point is the one that irks me the most.  Transparency & openness were words that Morfuni himself used repeatedly and we, as fans, warmed to the message.  It was well received.  And here we are, 2½ years later, with none of that.  He's either unwilling or unable to explain why one of the larger clubs in League 2 cannot fund a competitive squad.  Unwilling or unable to produce a simple P&L summary showing the club's outgoings.  This is really simple stuff.  I'll find it difficult to trust him until he starts dealing competently with these basics.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 16:45:44 »

It's a no here

I've no idea if he's a good or bad person, or just incompetent
normy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 16:51:19 »

I think he's an incompetent, but can only hope he morphs into a competent.

ust be the oldest
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 16:56:42 »

Otherwise, we’ll all have to grow excited at finished 12th in League 2, which I’m just not sure I can do.

It doesn't excite me or you, but as it appears that others have found ways to use the club to 'move money through' it is now a profitable business for them and we will have to get used to it.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 16:57:24 »

And if we started to see investment in the squad - proper investment, that is, not the sale of our best players to fund cheaper replacements. 
I imagine every football fan of every football club in the world would like this. But have you ever known a period in Swindon Town's history where it has not been the (necessary) case that we sell our best players and buy cheaper replacements?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 16:59:24 »

But have you ever known a period in Swindon Town's history where it has not been the (necessary) case that we sell our best players and buy cheaper replacements?

And yet allegedly still lose 1M+ a season.

I think the quality of replacements has dramatically declined. I don't recall such a punty mcpuntfface approach.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 17:23:32 »

It’s interesting that we don’t believe that the club can be run sustainably, but (some) want the club to be fan owned.  I’m not sure where we think the funds will come from if we were fan owned, or is there an assumption that everyone would be happy to stump up extra cash each season
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: