Poll
Question: Is there a way back for this ownership?
Yes- - 21 (29.6%)
No - 50 (70.4%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem- Bouncebackability  (Read 4946 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:19:25 »

I call absolute bollocks on the point they were that stupid.  The real answer is in the way Clem words his response - he focuses on the fact their default position was to tell nobody.  He relies on the advice for the EFL, but always clubs the fans in at the same time.  There is clearly no rule, anywhere, that you DON'T tell fans, you make a decision to keep it quiet.  Therefore they were in a default position of tell nobody when determining if they had to tell the EFL or not.
Yup! It's a simple google. We've all found the EFL handbook, and if a lawyer has told him that in return for money, there's a liability claim to be made

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:27:05 »

In the current guise no, show me some changes and progression and major clean up and it might go to yes.  Will any of this happen?  IMO no.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
doversparkred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:29:45 »

I'd expand this, Clem may be able to win me over if he agrees to sell a portion of the club to the fans, through which actual, real, representation is delivered with voting rights.  Guess what - he also gets money put in.  I can't see why the Trust have not made this their sole goal - it's an open goal at that.  You have a useless owner making public statements about the fans groups being important, about wanting to be open and transparent, about how hard it is to finance a football club.  Tie his fucking knackers to the lamppost and make it public this is what you want, then being negotiations on terms.

IMO this should be the primary focus of the new-look Trust.  Fan ownership (even in part) would fix a lot of problems, make the club truly accountable, and stop shady ownership deals being done in the future - for which as fans we currently have zero control over, and have been fucked over time and time again.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:32:52 »

Not for me. Clem has been caught lying too many times now.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:34:36 »

Yes there coud be a way back. Make clear and transparent efforts to rectify mistakes of the past few years, get good football people overseeing operations and demonstrate with the utmost clarity how and why the club is haemorrhaging money to supposed legitimate ends so that it can at least be understood by the fans.

Will any of this happen? Sadly doesn't look likely.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:44:07 »

Sorry Clem, its a no from the Somerset judges.

Caught out lying too many times.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:56:35 »

Its a no from me Geoff
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 14:06:23 »

I suspect STFC is too deeply and unlawfully in the s**t for transparency to be possible.  My strong suspicion is that STFC is in deep doodoo because of the likely unlawful shenanigans of Power and friends.

I can't dislike Clem for lacking the wealth to untangle this but I did admire his tenacity in doing the first part of the job in the Courts.

I can't dislike Clem either for not being very good at lying and lacking the nous to steer the listing ship that STFC already was before he ousted Power.

I have no confidence that he is not working with other undesirables (to STFC's interests) because of his own weaknesses.

A part of me still hopes he is cannier than that and extricates STFC from the s**t and that my cynicism is misplaced. The test is how an owner leaves STFC and my fear is that this will be even worse than the state in which he took us over.  Conference?  Fines?  Administration or Insolvency?  Or simply with an even worse successor who brings all this about?

I like to get behind the team and to enjoy a matchday meanwhile.  I shall always do that.  Fuck Supermarine or more local teams to me just a league below like fcuking Dorking or Woking.  Like a victim of abuse, I'm always hoping STFC will change its ways.  it's the path I've chosen and I'm sticking to it.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 14:08:04 »

One of Clem's biggest problems during his tenure has been listening to people that represent the minority of our fanbase or have their own agenda. For example the representative of the sponsors on the advisory board, how is he engaging with other sponsors and serving them? because several people I know who have sponsorships with the club have told me they have never heard from or of him.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 14:31:47 »

I suspect STFC is too deeply and unlawfully in the s**t for transparency to be possible.  My strong suspicion is that STFC is in deep doodoo because of the likely unlawful shenanigans of Power and friends.

I can't dislike Clem for lacking the wealth to untangle this but I did admire his tenacity in doing the first part of the job in the Courts.

I can't dislike Clem either for not being very good at lying and lacking the nous to steer the listing ship that STFC already was before he ousted Power.

I have no confidence that he is not working with other undesirables (to STFC's interests) because of his own weaknesses.

A part of me still hopes he is cannier than that and extricates STFC from the s**t and that my cynicism is misplaced. The test is how an owner leaves STFC and my fear is that this will be even worse than the state in which he took us over.  Conference?  Fines?  Administration or Insolvency?  Or simply with an even worse successor who brings all this about?

I like to get behind the team and to enjoy a matchday meanwhile.  I shall always do that.  Fuck Supermarine or more local teams to me just a league below like fcuking Dorking or Woking.  Like a victim of abuse, I'm always hoping STFC will change its ways.  it's the path I've chosen and I'm sticking to it.
I agree pretty much with all of that TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 14:35:11 »

He also needs a CEO that understands football, and maybe a club secretary that understands the rules.

His excuse over the shares that the legal's told him it was all fine - if there was someone that understood FL rules then they would have explained to Clem  - they probably knew the legal standpoint not from a FL point

Follow up question should have been.....why not just tell them anyway? Where was the benefit in not telling them?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 14:39:12 »

Other than in his first season when it was all backs to the wall, the club has been on a downward spiral not showing signs of improvement on or off the pitch.

Things smack of being done on the cheap, from budgets to (some) staff employed in more senior positions, to the 'matchday guests' that have served at HM pleasure, to the dodgy share transfer, that was going to be bought back, then the we need to use the money elsewhere, to the we are in the process of doing it to the there is no hurry to get the shares back.

I'm sure the loan for the debenture was not interest free, may have been given shares as security but it then depends on the price they want to return the shares back.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 14:47:45 »

I'd expand this, Clem may be able to win me over if he agrees to sell a portion of the club to the fans, through which actual, real, representation is delivered with voting rights.  Guess what - he also gets money put in.  I can't see why the Trust have not made this their sole goal - it's an open goal at that.  You have a useless owner making public statements about the fans groups being important, about wanting to be open and transparent, about how hard it is to finance a football club.  Tie his fucking knackers to the lamppost and make it public this is what you want, then being negotiations on terms.

I like this.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 14:52:44 »

I know he's probably under a NDA (do these expire?) but I'd love to hear from Rob Angus about what is ACTUALLY happening behind the scenes at the club. This is probably an absolutely unviable suggestion but going back to RobT's suggestion about Trust ownership, surely Rob having worked at the club before would be a perfect leader for that movement? If Clem has nothing to hide then what reason would he give for not entertaining such a thing?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 15:00:55 »

I'm sure RA could offer unofficial and OTR 'consultancy services' to a new improved/rebuilt Trust  Hmmm

Also, I can't help but when I see RA or write RA, I think of one of my former jobs. @Batch might know what I'm on aboot  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: