Poll
Question: Is there a way back for this ownership?
Yes- - 21 (29.6%)
No - 50 (70.4%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem- Bouncebackability  (Read 4945 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 11:51:45 »

I enjoyed the Loathed Strangers chat with Sam Morshead, if I'm being honest that's the first pod cast iv listened to!

Within it they discussed the burnt bridges and distrust from fans and the scenario that no matter what they say a lot now will simply not believe, and its an interesting thought.

If Clem is to stay and pursue his "plan". What will it take to make you change your mind.

Town fans are forever scarred, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. In our case as fans it's shame on me x5 owners.

Is there a bouncebackability check list to redemption?

Ground redevelopment, removal of Zav/hart, ticket pricing, promotion, in depth accounts like Carisle. What would it take?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 12:04:56 »

It's a funny one. I don't think Clem's ownership/relationship with the fans is beyond saving, but I think Clem's demonstrated that he doesn't really understand how to do it.

Advisory Board - if this is going to exist, it needs improving. The minutes need to come out *MUCH* faster, with a few days of the meeting, and an agenda published beforehand so people can send in questions and points relating to it. I'd probably like to see a few other fan representatives as well, although that did get out of hand earlier with every Tom, Dick and Harry Broadbent Lounge having a go - but the Trust is not the only voice of the fans.

Financial Transparency - Carlisle style accounts would be great, frankly the Trust "looking at the accounts" would be fine if there were actually specifics and numbers involved rather than vague statements and cost lines - what has gone up and by how much percentage wise?

Improve stuff - vague, but just... everything about this club feels shit. The shop is empty, the comms is generally very poor. Spend some money off the pitch, they seem to approach everything with a cost-cutting mentality and the problem with cost-cutting is that services get worse (see the wider country for details)

On pitch success - brutally, that'll be what really turns people round. If we win more, a lot of the other worries will quieten down - rightly or not.

Probably some other stuff too. Getting rid of the clingers on would be grand.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 12:09:17 by Nemo » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 12:11:01 »

One of my main bugbears is probably covered in Nemo's 'Improve stuff' category. We are a big club for this level with a decent fanbase, so why do many things feel like they are being done at a level far below where we are. Nothing seems to be 'professional' and whilst the on-pitch success is the be all and end all, I can't help feeling that the 2 do go hand in hand.

Sort things out behind the scenes, employ a decent member or members of staff who have experience of working in a football club, put together a cohesive, realistic plan of action and allow the people who know what they are doing to put that work into place.

Unfortunately, I can't see that happening under Clem, every decision he makes seems to be short-term and a case of throw enough shit and see what sticks. It might seem harsh but he reminds me a bit of an Australian Mr Bean, who coincidentally also only had 1 suit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 12:15:03 »

It might seem harsh but he reminds me a bit of an Australian Mr Bean, who coincidentally also only had 1 suit.

I think he owns two suits. One with patches, one without. Mr Bean that is  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 12:19:36 »

One of my main bugbears is probably covered in Nemo's 'Improve stuff' category. We are a big club for this level with a decent fanbase, so why do many things feel like they are being done at a level far below where we are. Nothing seems to be 'professional' and whilst the on-pitch success is the be all and end all, I can't help feeling that the 2 do go hand in hand.

Sort things out behind the scenes, employ a decent member or members of staff who have experience of working in a football club, put together a cohesive, realistic plan of action and allow the people who know what they are doing to put that work into place.

Unfortunately, I can't see that happening under Clem, every decision he makes seems to be short-term and a case of throw enough shit and see what sticks. It might seem harsh but he reminds me a bit of an Australian Mr Bean, who coincidentally also only had 1 suit.

The devil is in the detail. Professional clubs dont have a felt tip fixture board, abandoned Heras fencing from covid times and sharing 1 microphone in your flagship interview.

Slapdash, half arsed, unprofessional shit show.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 12:33:24 »

The biggest thing they can do, as Nemo said, is get the team working and getting results. If we were in the midst of a promotion challenge we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. But this needs investment and it needs a plan. It needs a solid squad, a good manager, and good football people behind the scenes who can identify new players and get them in. Huge question marks over whether Clem can afford to do all this with all the money evaporating to [INSERT CONSPIRACY THEORY].

Whoever thought it was a sound idea to go into this season with about 22 players has cost us another season in this fucking division. Clubs get injuries, its normal. So you build a squad accordingly.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 12:47:17 »

Sure he can come back, if he changes who he hangs out with, explains the finances properly and we can see he's trying to improve them and the team.

None of the above have happened. We are in a spiral and I can't see it changing - so no.
CambridgeshireRed

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 12:48:39 »

I think as others have said, the relationship between Clem & Co is not beyond saving. It will need a lot of rehab, a lot of learning on the clubs side, to actually appear as if they are the professional outfit they claim they are, to slowly rebuild trust, and crucially, to communicate effectively and honestly in a timely manner.

A good season with strong recruitment like 21/22 under Garner & Chorley wouldn't hurt either.

Personally, I want to like Clem and I want to feel the joy of supporting this club again, but right now the trust has gone and nothing about the current press loop has made me think they're making adequate steps to adress this. We've all been burnt one too many times...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 12:55:01 »

Need a Trust member on the board on a day to day basis
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:02:00 »

Ships sailed with me, I don't trust him. But if he got rid of zav hart and platinum security it would be a start. Next would be something resembling an actual competitive budget.

But that won't happen anyway.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:02:03 »

Need a Trust member on the board on a day to day basis

I'd expand this, Clem may be able to win me over if he agrees to sell a portion of the club to the fans, through which actual, real, representation is delivered with voting rights.  Guess what - he also gets money put in.  I can't see why the Trust have not made this their sole goal - it's an open goal at that.  You have a useless owner making public statements about the fans groups being important, about wanting to be open and transparent, about how hard it is to finance a football club.  Tie his fucking knackers to the lamppost and make it public this is what you want, then being negotiations on terms.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:07:35 »

What if the Trust could scare up 50% of what Clem values the club at and be totally halves on club and CG
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:08:03 »

He also needs a CEO that understands football, and maybe a club secretary that understands the rules.

His excuse over the shares that the legal's told him it was all fine - if there was someone that understood FL rules then they would have explained to Clem  - they probably knew the legal standpoint not from a FL point
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:13:14 »

What if the Trust could scare up 50% of what Clem values the club at and be totally halves on club and CG

Which is exactly what they should do - public pressure to get the number, maybe for 50% or even 33%, or whatever the different %'s are to get different rights.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:15:54 »

He also needs a CEO that understands football, and maybe a club secretary that understands the rules.

His excuse over the shares that the legal's told him it was all fine - if there was someone that understood FL rules then they would have explained to Clem  - they probably knew the legal standpoint not from a FL point

I call absolute bollocks on the point they were that stupid.  The real answer is in the way Clem words his response - he focuses on the fact their default position was to tell nobody.  He relies on the advice for the EFL, but always clubs the fans in at the same time.  There is clearly no rule, anywhere, that you DON'T tell fans, you make a decision to keep it quiet.  Therefore they were in a default position of tell nobody when determining if they had to tell the EFL or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: