Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest  (Read 37091 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 22:56:27 »

Surely someone at four four two would love doing an article on what a basket case we've been since Andrew Black sold up?

If they do there research and speak to people on here. They'll love writing little bits about Jed opening up a town end bar with no fire exit and some of the more obscure stupid stuff that has happened.

They'd obviously have to walk a fine line legally including things on the likes of Adam hart and zav Austin, but just have to explain why fans are concerned.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 22:59:07 »

i wont quote the big one  Cheesy but good points well made

I'll keep my reply short. You're welcome  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 23:03:49 »

Your best bet is trying to get the Adver, Total Swindon or someone like Sam Morshead on board as opposed to the Nationals.
Then you want to try with the podcasts, Fools Rush In etc.

If you want to get some traction for a protest on the 20th, you have no hope with someone like Four Four Two, there’s not enough time.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 23:09:30 »

Plus the four four two link was Mr. Hanrahan who fans pretty much chased off social media…
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 23:18:30 »

Shame because i think four four Two would be interested in the ludicrous nature of some of the silly things that have gone on.

The makeshift fireexitless town end bar vs Bristol City is just one funny example from when Jed took over but if you can fill an article with dumb stuff like that that has happened along with things like the Tim Sherwood non appointment after a red bull takeover rumour under Power and the CEO saying season ticket holders get too many free games.....it would be a popular article that would entertain a lot of general football fans.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 23:24:07 »

Shame because i think four four Two would be interested in the ludicrous nature of some of the silly things that have gone on.

The makeshift fireexitless town end bar vs Bristol City is just one funny example from when Jed took over but if you can fill an article with dumb stuff like that that has happened along with things like the Tim Sherwood non appointment after a red bull takeover rumour under Power and the CEO saying season ticket holders get too many free games.....it would be a popular article that would entertain a lot of general football fans.

But none of that matters right now, and would sway fans against Clem.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 23:25:57 »

The CEO thing is part of it. The likes of Four Four Two aren't going to just write an article about a toxic fan base. There has to be more to it.

The article would clearly paint clem as the latest in the line of fuckfitted crooked chancers, but you'd have to tell the whole story.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 00:39:07 »

A contact at The Athletic would probably work better as they tend to run an article with deep analysis. Four Four Two always strikes me as a decent publication but is probably too tame or tongue in cheek to stir any pot too much. I get that Squires and JOE go large on satirical but I think they have a wider reach and presence. But it would make for a fun article though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 03:18:40 »

With printed matter, be careful of a potential can of worms in implying that any descriptions of former criminality of named individuals are still current.

WSC are also a good publication that take a keen interest in the state of basket case clubs.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 08:45:02 »

Until the window closes, dissatisfaction is a better option as a protest at this stage. Focus on the broken promises and put pressure on Morfuni and co to stop the rot. It is still possible, but we need to show our teeth in the window, other clubs below us will be after the same targets.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 09:00:46 »

Plus the four four two link was Mr. Hanrahan who fans pretty much chased off social media…

From listening to snippets of his podcast he was also pro Clem, which I assume is also how he got the pre-game CG announcers gig? That may have changed somewhat however due to recent experiences?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 09:04:26 »

Surely someone at four four two would love doing an article on what a basket case we've been since Andrew Black sold up?

If they do there research and speak to people on here. They'll love writing little bits about Jed opening up a town end bar with no fire exit and some of the more obscure stupid stuff that has happened.

They'd obviously have to walk a fine line legally including things on the likes of Adam hart and zav Austin, but just have to explain why fans are concerned.

I didn't even know Four Four Two still existed, I used to read it a lot back in the day. I might be miles off here, but wouldn't The Athletic/Kieran MaGuire/Cost of Football Podcast be a direction that might get more media traction? (Sorry I have just read the Athletic being suggested above - must read back more)

Sam Morshead is now involved in something more football based also - he loves to get involved in the meaty stories doesn't he?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 09:34:09 »

Sam Morsehead would be the way to go, just started his new gig following town and would more than likely be looking at a few stories to get his teeth into as he is pushing for subscribers.  He also used to post on here, so probably still has an account and given his new gig, I am sure he has had a peek on here since back in the parish.  I even sent him to the Sponsorhip dinner one year when i was organising the Sponsorship every year.

It's all a case of whether he is up for being the pot stirrer so early in his reintroduction to writing pieces on the town, but i am sure it has already crossed his mind.  He probably already knows more than most of us on here about the current goings on in the background at the club.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:05:07 »

A contact at The Athletic would probably work better as they tend to run an article with deep analysis. Four Four Two always strikes me as a decent publication but is probably too tame or tongue in cheek to stir any pot too much. I get that Squires and JOE go large on satirical but I think they have a wider reach and presence. But it would make for a fun article though.

Yeah the tongue in cheek feel of Four Four Two was what I was thinking might fit with having a lot of the more ludicrous Swindon moments included. Its more their feel but they're not going to go too deep in to the vitriol. 
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:06:08 »

Until the window closes, dissatisfaction is a better option as a protest at this stage. Focus on the broken promises and put pressure on Morfuni and co to stop the rot. It is still possible, but we need to show our teeth in the window, other clubs below us will be after the same targets.

That ship has sailed for me personally.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: