Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest  (Read 37088 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:05:07 »

Whats the point of protesting nothing will ever change at the club were just a  decaying  club heading for non league obscurity.every person whos run the club shafts us in someway they lie to the fans and never comeout and tell you the truth like whats happening  now.

probably the wrong thread for you. lets just give up and pretend that the club is nothing without fans and that we dont have the power to force change
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:15:59 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
I was fully expecting some form of vocal backlash during the game with chants etc as it was still recently raw after the Hall interview yet absolutely nothing, not a word shouted in anger at the miss management of our club.

there actually was some "freeloading bastards" songs from the town end (v Wrexham) wasn't there? or was that the game before?

I can understand yesterday, the atmosphere seemed "we are in the shit, let's try and get behind them"

There were a splattering of boos at the final whistle and a few comments of "don't come then" in response reported. That shows how our fans are.

its not like 20 years ago when a lunch mob would be forming. where are the "you're not fit to wear the shirt" and "sack the board" chants .

People talk that social media is poisonous. it is. But football round these parts and in general is sterile now
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:22:38 »

Quote from: newmarket red
Whats the point of protesting nothing will ever change at the club were just a  decaying  club heading for non league obscurity.every person whos run the club shafts us in someway they lie to the fans and never comeout and tell you the truth like whats happening  now.

what can we do
 - protests
 - down tools in a supporting sense

what will it achieve? possibly nothing yes.

Then again Clem, Kiely and all have 7 million tied up in this club. if it looks like it's over maybe it'll expedite the exit strategy*.

But mostly even if it just makes me feel better to "try" if rather do that than sleepwalk to oblivion.

* my great fear is preemption rights see another cycle of alleged front man propping up alleged dodgy background characters
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #78 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:26:04 »

there actually was some "freeloading bastards" songs from the town end (v Wrexham) wasn't there? or was that the game before?
If there was then I didnt hear them.

its not like 20 years ago when a lunch mob would be forming. where are the "you're not fit to wear the shirt" and "sack the board" chants .
If theres a lunch mob I will be there!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:31:32 »

I can't believe so many "fans" are happy to suffer in silence. Are they really not questioning what is happening at the club? Bizarre.
Sleepwalking to oblivion.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:31:50 »

If anyone is on twitter (I may have to create an account) be could to start spraying it around and seeing if it catches. A small ripple will start to get heads up
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:38:55 »

If theres a lunch mob I will be there!

It will be packed!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:48:19 »

groan..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:53:22 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
definitely the game before then
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 15:10:28 »

definitely the game before then

Definitely happened at the Barrow game
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 16:30:41 »

I'm up for lunch club, I love a sausage I do
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 16:50:26 »

can I bring a packed lunch ?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 16:52:32 »

The freeloading bastards chant was audible a couple of times versus Wrexham - mass confusion around me from what it meant.

Also, it was amusingly mis-heard by Wrexham fans who responded  ‘sheepshagging bastards, we know what we are’
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 16:53:46 »

The freeloading bastards chant was audible a couple of times versus Wrexham - mass confusion around me from what it meant.

Also, it was amusingly mis-heard by Wrexham fans who responded  ‘sheepshagging bastards, we know what we are’

That’s true (the Wrexham bit), I remember that now
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 17:08:53 »

boycotting a match has been mentioned -  If enough bought in and all went to superduper marine instead, that might attract a small amount of attention
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: