Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Wrecsam matchday thread  (Read 19193 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 17:50:23 »

I don’t think cash sales are recorded 😉

It’s like going back to the 80’s😁

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 19:09:15 »

It’s like going back to the 80’s😁

Watch out for the bales of straw for protecting the pitch in frosty weather in the accounts expenditure column.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 19:10:38 »

Watch out for the bales of straw for protecting the pitch in frosty weather in the accounts expenditure column.

I can remember the bales of straw around the pitch v Wolves League Cup Semi Final 1980😁

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 19:13:47 »

I left at half time and went back to the pub and that'll be the last time I step back in to the county ground without a free ticket.

I could just feel myself getting more and more pissed off watching players just walk around the pitch. Kemp looked like the only player who wanted the ball.

Dead atmosphere, just total apathy around the ground. Fucking depressing.

We are in free fall.

see you mate , I'll miss you, I will keep going (hopefully)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 19:36:01 »

I left at half time and went back to the pub and that'll be the last time I step back in to the county ground without a free ticket.

I could just feel myself getting more and more pissed off watching players just walk around the pitch. Kemp looked like the only player who wanted the ball.

Dead atmosphere, just total apathy around the ground. Fucking depressing.

We are in free fall.

It’s certainly not enjoyable.
Ground like a morgue yesterday, atmosphere flat.
Better away from home but even then it’s not good.

Whole Club needs a complete new start.
Can only hope for a brighter future and only the loyalty card for me now.
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 23:31:11 »

Easy for me to say - I've lived away for 35 years.

But I think things have been worse.

It's Swindon isn't it ?

At least we aren't Cowley United

(no, I don't have a season ticket so what do I know)
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Thursday, December 28, 2023, 09:07:51 »

Easy for me to say - I've lived away for 35 years.

But I think things have been worse.

It's Swindon isn't it ?

At least we aren't Cowley United

(no, I don't have a season ticket so what do I know)
Can't think of many times in my 40 years supporting that we have been mid table in league 2 and only looking like going one way
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Thursday, December 28, 2023, 09:40:13 »

Can't think of many times in my 40 years supporting that we have been mid table in league 2 and only looking like going one way

I think it feels like we aren't as close to the wall as we've been in the past (winding up petitions etc) but on the pitch we are as bad as I've ever seen at the moment. Considering we're in League Two with a paper thin squad, very few senior pros.
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Thursday, December 28, 2023, 10:29:56 »

After 15+years as a season ticket holder I stopped going towards the end of Power regime as the football was poor. The early promise and optimism of Clems  reign has long gone for me, I am struggling to justify renewing my season ticket next year..... Flynn/Hatswell have been poorly backed in the transfer market, but appear to be unable to coach a defensive unit and all the bullshit coming out of Clem and his trusted personnel. Maybe away games and BBC WS for me next season.

ewsham Robin
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Thursday, December 28, 2023, 10:35:46 »

I think it feels like we aren't as close to the wall as we've been in the past (winding up petitions etc) but on the pitch we are as bad as I've ever seen at the moment. Considering we're in League Two with a paper thin squad, very few senior pros.
I'm afraid I can't share your confidence on that score...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Thursday, December 28, 2023, 11:00:54 »

I mean we've literally been in administration multiple times, we're not as close to the wall as we have been. That doesn't mean we're in a good position by any means.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, December 28, 2023, 11:33:20 »

I mean we've literally been in administration multiple times, we're not as close to the wall as we have been. That doesn't mean we're in a good position by any means.

The one positive is that most of the money we owe is now to the chairman (or maybe the people funding him), so putting the club into administration is not a good option as they potentially lose money. Obviously Power always had that card up his sleeve.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, December 28, 2023, 17:41:57 »

.......I've put up with worse football or at least football as bad following Swindon but with everything off the pitch on top of it, it just winds me up.

Agreed, I go back a long bloody time and thought I had seen it all but the current situation is just heaping more manure on a larger rancid pile of it and there is not one thing currently I would wish to be continued. Just get it sorted for all the Town fans sakes.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, December 28, 2023, 23:47:48 »

it's the worst state on the pitch that we've been in since I started watching in 89-90. I've never felt we were as close to non league as this.

off the pitch is speculation based on observations, but it's not looking stella.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, December 29, 2023, 10:06:49 »

it's the worst state on the pitch that we've been in since I started watching in 89-90. I've never felt we were as close to non league as this.

off the pitch is speculation based on observations, but it's not looking stella.

There was a period before Macari took over that was similar in terms of the football, however it was before automatic promotion from the conference so we didn’t have that fear hanging over us.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: