Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon v STFC Matchday thread  (Read 15123 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:59:33 »

We didn't look like the team who had 6 days longer to prepare for sure. A sorry afternoon, left after the third to which the cretin in front uttered 'so much for supporting the team'  Zzz

For fuck sake.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 21:11:49 »

We didn't look like the team who had 6 days longer to prepare for sure. A sorry afternoon, left after the third to which the cretin in front uttered 'so much for supporting the team'  Zzz

I was wiser. I stayed to the end to avoid the rush

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 21:29:51 »

Quote from: adje
I was wiser. I stayed to the end to avoid the rush

that's another thing about Wimbledon, a 15 minutes walk around the bloody houses from the away end to get back to the other side of the stadium. Thanks OB 😛
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 21:30:55 »

We didn't look like the team who had 6 days longer to prepare for sure. A sorry afternoon, left after the third to which the cretin in front uttered 'so much for supporting the team'  Zzz
That's the type who applauded on final whistle after a dubbing
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 22:28:00 »

Bet it was that Ian Jarmey from the facebook group who could barely contain his shame of sighing when we threw the game in injury time at Wrexham  Cheesy
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 09:24:30 »

Re some of the comments above:

Some of us do prefer to stay to the end. 

Support during the 90 (+ time added on)!  Vent hard on the final whistle if appropriate.

Admittedly it's been mainly oppo fans who've benefited from this approach in recent history but anyone suggesting 90' support makes you a happy clapper should first look at themselves.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 09:31:22 »

Re some of the comments above:

Some of us do prefer to stay to the end. 

Support during the 90 (+ time added on)!  Vent hard on the final whistle if appropriate.

Admittedly it's been mainly oppo fans who've benefited from this approach in recent history but anyone suggesting 90' support makes you a happy clapper should first look at themselves.

Stay until the after the unused subs have done their running as far as im concerned- my point was its my choice when i leave... i didnt tell anyone staying they shouldnt be..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 09:45:57 »

40 goals conceded- 28 of them in the 2nd half. That can’t just be coincidence.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:40:35 »

Interesting comments about fans behaviour on the last page or so. I personally don't think people should be vilified if they want to leave early, or want to stay and applaud the players. At the end of the day, they've paid their entrance fee (some less than others obvs) so should be free to do more or less what they want.

FWIW I always stay to the end and more often than not applaud the players. I couldn't care less if others don't think that's 'acceptable' or not, I pay my money, I make my choices. (not very often these days mind you)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:43:41 »

40 goals conceded- 28 of them in the 2nd half. That can’t just be coincidence.

When your options are so limited on the bench I think that statistic is hugely telling.

Interestingly someone made a throw away comment about Brewitt not being played due to being sold in January. I've also heard rumours that some players are not as injured as it's being made out as they want to get the fuck out of dodge next month. It's all grapevine stuff so no idea if true.

Also, where is RHM? (That comment is completely seperate to my other one btw before anyone jumps on that)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:53:16 »

But it’s not just been a recent phenomenon- it’s been the same since the season started.

2 at home v Crewe

4 away v Wrexham

etc
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 11:52:56 »

I'm always reluctant to leave early and have done on 2 occasions:-

1) Day of Hillsborough. At Old Trafford when, at half time, it became obvious that any game was irrelevant.

2) Left the Etihad early as needed to get a taxi to get me to a Christmas do.

I was at St Andrews when we were 4-1 down. Was immensely frustrated and inclined to walk. Decided not to and was greatly relieved that I didn't.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 12:20:22 »

Interesting comments about fans behaviour on the last page or so. I personally don't think people should be vilified if they want to leave early, or want to stay and applaud the players. At the end of the day, they've paid their entrance fee (some less than others obvs) so should be free to do more or less what they want.

FWIW I always stay to the end and more often than not applaud the players. I couldn't care less if others don't think that's 'acceptable' or not, I pay my money, I make my choices. (not very often these days mind you)
some of them even have 9 or more free games to attend to
lets not make them froget that
i think if a season ticket holder leaves early they are actualy giving back to are club its very generous of them maybe hall shoudl think about that if hes getting into a game of spin

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 12:56:56 »

Certainly if a Season Ticket holder leaves one of their free games early, their name should be added to a plaque in the toilets of the stand they reside.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: