Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon v STFC Matchday thread  (Read 15127 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 10:12:14 »

Maybe I don't know anything about it either but maybe it's because the defenders were the only ones who were involved in the game as the entire midfield was non existent and Jake Young fluffed the only line he had. As an attacking force we were nowhere so don't know how any midfielder or striker would get votes to be honest. I thought Austin was poor individually,the change in personell briefly brought us into the game but for 10-15 minutes only. Therefore as I thought UGM was marginally our best defender I voted for him.Just my opinion
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 14:27:37 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 10:14:07 »

The problem Flynn has is he cant drop them. no replacements whatsoever.

I imagine if he could he would drop them immediately but they will be there next week.
Unless Brewitt and Clayton are back. Hopefully at least one of them will be.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 10:34:56 »

Don’t know why the reactions to that tweet are so pro Flynn. Smacks of a man who’s lost control and is out of ideas. It’s giving John Sheridan
I agree,berating a young player like that in full view of 8000 people is not good management in my book

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:04:56 »

The fact that all three CBs have some MoM votes and two have more than Austin leaves me questioning whether I watched the same game or know anything about football.

I think FBT (the worst of the bunch for that 30mins imo) at least got marginally better. As did Dokes.
Obviously Minturn wasn’t given that same opportunity.

None of them were MotM worthy.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 12:48:51 »

I’m usually one to move on from defeats fairly quickly but that was tough today.

Utterly gutless. Under equipped on the field, stagnant off of it - a decaying ground in desperate need of regeneration, a boardroom of chancers and not a pot to piss in. Realistically, where on earth do we go from here? A top half finish once we lose Kemp and Young in January would be a miracle.

Fair play to Wimbledon - they done a job on us and should have been out of sight by half time. We were never really in the game and Flynn’s assessment of it being our worst performance of the season was spot on.

A nightmare on the trains to top it off!

Good post.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 12:55:21 »

Flynn is a twat who is lucky he got the job here. He's not going to sort anything come January. Tactically naive and a stubborn cunt too. Definitely will end in tears.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 13:07:45 »

I didn’t mind it personally, we all know the real issues run a lot deeper than the squad and Flynn but some of those players need a bollocking like that, budget is shit but a shit budget doesn’t make these players consistently make the same mistakes.

At least he is still trying unlike Morris who downed tools as soon as he realised he was sold a pup.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 13:16:14 »

Morris didn’t even pick up his tools in order to down them.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 16:45:34 »

Morris didn’t even pick up his tools in order to down them.

That's hardly fair, he did pick up his golf clubs on a regular basis.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 16:59:30 »

That's hardly fair, he did pick up his golf clubs on a regular basis.

I'd love to know what happened with Morris. He and Brand seemed like a genuinely exciting appointment.

Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 17:49:32 »

I'd love to know what happened with Morris. He and Brand seemed like a genuinely exciting appointment.

McDonald, citing that the bigger wage earners were being moved on, was wage-dumped along with Gladwin and Reed.  Presumably, Sandro was paying for Morris and Brand by not putting out a team based on a competitive budget.  Morris was in charge as follows:

31 January 2023 to    1 May 2023    W18     D4    L4    10    22.22% Winning %

But don't worry using Hall's maths, his home games were free to season ticket holders.

« Last Edit: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 17:53:34 by Crozzer » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 17:53:11 »

I mean more what he was sold vs the reality, why he didn’t just walk rather than dent his early managerial reputation (money?), what happened at training (allegedly he largely golfed!) and so on.

Someone said he was told Foundation Park was part of our training complex.

Next thing you know he’s in the changing rooms at Beversbrook with the Zumba class thinking how the fuck has it come to this!
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 18:00:23 »

I mean more what he was sold vs the reality, why he didn’t just walk rather than dent his early managerial reputation (money?), what happened at training (allegedly he largely golfed!) and so on.

Someone said he was told Foundation Park was part of our training complex.

Next thing you know he’s in the changing rooms at Beversbrook with the Zumba class thinking how the fuck has it come to this!

Need another "On the Sofa" (Backside on the Bacon Slicer) with Sandro to explain that, don't expect to see Hall exuding all the charm of an unflushed toilet, again.  He didn't seem able to distinguish between the OSC and Trust STFC in being miffed lat Monday, it was "On the Sofa" with the OSC not the Trust, you ding-a-ling.  And, under the last owner, we didn't like "You will have to ask Steve Anderson for that", who never appeared on any forum.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 18:48:04 by Crozzer » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:43:04 »

Morris has carved out a coaching career by being mates with Frank Lampard.
Absolute fraud without the skills needed to do the jobs he’s done.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:57:25 »

We didn't look like the team who had 6 days longer to prepare for sure. A sorry afternoon, left after the third to which the cretin in front uttered 'so much for supporting the team'  Zzz

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: