Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon v STFC Matchday thread  (Read 15126 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:09:37 »

Hard one, this. They’ve won 5 on the trot at home. We still concede in batches at the drop of a hat. Another away sell out.

Got a few close to returning according to Flynn - Brewitt, Cain, RHM, Clayton back on the grass.

Michael Flynn on potential recall:

I have planned for with him and I have planned for without him. It has been on the forefront of my mind for month.

*on the possibility of a permanent deal* It will depend on what they are asking for. He probably would have been cheaper in the summer than he is now.‘

Strange that whenever recall is mentioned it’s never about Kemp.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:17:18 »

Sounds like Young is going back then. Only possibility we keep him is he gets sold and said championship club loan him back to us to further development but I don’t see the point in that. It was fun while it lasted!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:18:42 »

‘ I have been planning for a long time and I have plenty of conversations with Clem Morfuni. I don't deal with Anthony Hall that much.’
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:25:33 »

Anthony Hall will probably start charging Flynn and the coaching team for watching home games.

#freeloading scum

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:33:40 »

Anthony Hall will probably start charging Flynn and the coaching team for watching home games.

#freeloading scum
Going by some of our performances recently he could charge some of our players for being spectators too!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:34:03 »

Had this conversation with a mate yesterday, who’s the bigger loss from the team at this stage of the season, Doyle to the Wellens side or Young to this side. I think it’s pretty nailed on that Youngs a bigger miss to this squad imo.

I remember I was somewhat slightly more at ease with Doyle being recalled (still not happy) because from memory the team was creating enough chances that alongside Yates (minus the brief recall), I believed even a half decent striker could come in and score enough to get us over the line. Obviously wouldn’t be the same level or numbers as Doyle, we may have bottled the title but that squad had enough within it to still go up automatically.

Very different league positions but how closely does that translate to Young and this squad. Stats will tell you that Young and Kemp are our biggest goal/assist contributors. Does the squad (or let’s be honest just Kemp) produce enough that another striker can slot in where Young is and get a similar haul? I’m not so sure. Not worth thinking about if Kemp goes too.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:48:20 »

I think with Doyle going - we had an adequate if not better player (not better finisher) already here in Yates. We could have easily moved him more central and I think he would have contributed as many goals as Doyle did - the knock on being we’d have had to replaced Yates with someone equally as good getting into the channels / behind the defence.

I don’t think we have a direct replacement for Young already here. Austin & RHM are very different strikers. I think they would both get goals but maybe not the same type of goals that Young has been scoring. Even Wakeling hypothetically comi back on loan - I think he’d get goals in this team.
(the above being based on everyone playing in the same team; so Kemp being here after Young goes which he won’t be)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:48:22 »

Had this conversation with a mate yesterday, who’s the bigger loss from the team at this stage of the season, Doyle to the Wellens side or Young to this side. I think it’s pretty nailed on that Youngs a bigger miss to this squad imo.

I remember I was somewhat slightly more at ease with Doyle being recalled (still not happy) because from memory the team was creating enough chances that alongside Yates (minus the brief recall), I believed even a half decent striker could come in and score enough to get us over the line. Obviously wouldn’t be the same level or numbers as Doyle, we may have bottled the title but that squad had enough within it to still go up automatically.

Very different league positions but how closely does that translate to Young and this squad. Stats will tell you that Young and Kemp are our biggest goal/assist contributors. Does the squad (or let’s be honest just Kemp) produce enough that another striker can slot in where Young is and get a similar haul? I’m not so sure. Not worth thinking about if Kemp goes too.

Good points but Austin has missed loads,not all created by Kemp( most by Hutton) so,maybe a glimmer?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:48:48 »

Any ideas on what the most popular pre match pub for Town fans will be?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:52:11 »

Any ideas on what the most popular pre match pub for Town fans will be?

There was one advertising themselves at Wimbledon Park as closest away fan friendly. I'll try and dig it out.

No that it answers the question officer.

Wobbly bob will know

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:53:29 »

We still rack up a good many chances. A lot of Young’s goals are individual great hits. I’d still prefer to retain Kemp as he’ll continue to create the chances.

I’d really like the club to be in a position where loans are just a good back up - not vital as they are now.

That’s penny pinching for you. Both players could have been bought for peanuts in the summer.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:54:38 »

I think with Doyle going - we had an adequate if not better player (not better finisher) already here in Yates. We could have easily moved him more central and I think he would have contributed as many goals as Doyle did - the knock on being we’d have had to replaced Yates with someone equally as good getting into the channels / behind the defence.

I don’t think we have a direct replacement for Young already here. Austin & RHM are very different strikers. I think they would both get goals but maybe not the same type of goals that Young has been scoring. Even Wakeling hypothetically comi back on loan - I think he’d get goals in this team.
(the above being based on everyone playing in the same team; so Kemp being here after Young goes which he won’t be)

In hindsight, we’d probably have been better off investing the money we spent getting Doyle back in trying to sort a permanent deal for Yates.

Good points but Austin has missed loads,not all created by Kemp( most by Hutton) so,maybe a glimmer?

That is true, Hutton’s crossing is a good tactic with a strong forward who can make the most of them, would like someone on the left who can provide some sort of threat as well as teams just double up on Hutton as the main threat if not like last season. Provided we don’t lose Hutton as well.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 10:58:52 »

‘ I have been planning for a long time and I have plenty of conversations with Clem Morfuni. I don't deal with Anthony Hall that much.’

Despite our concerns about Clem I think this is very reassuring.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 11:00:49 »

‘Hi, Clem. It’s Mike Flynn here’

‘Mike, just fuck off will you, you drongo’
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 11:07:31 »

In hindsight, we’d probably have been better off investing the money we spent getting Doyle back in trying to sort a permanent deal for Yates.

That is true, Hutton’s crossing is a good tactic with a strong forward who can make the most of them, would like someone on the left who can provide some sort of threat as well as teams just double up on Hutton as the main threat if not like last season. Provided we don’t lose Hutton as well.

I said that at the time with regards to Yates & Doyle.  How feasible that would have been, I don’t know but Yates was better, younger and had much more resale value.

Huttons crossing has been decent. I’d like to see Charlie between the 6 yard box and penalty spot for absolutely all of them though
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: