Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Mansfield matchday thread  (Read 19882 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 17:05:08 »

Has anyone got a link to a clip of these supposed penalty we should have had? I was watching with one eye from the Chateau yesterday and missed it and it hasn't made the extended highlights...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 17:32:50 »

Has anyone got a link to a clip of these supposed penalty we should have had? I was watching with one eye from the Chateau yesterday and missed it and it hasn't made the extended highlights...

I don't the clip but I don't think if you found it, it would show anything. I watched it a few times on ifollow and the camera is on the wrong side really. I couldn't tell but heard others in the ground say 100%
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 17:51:56 »

Can we claim Sean Morrison?

Started at Plymouth irc.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 17:58:14 »

To qualify as ‘one of our own’ he has to come through the youth team.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 18:01:55 »

To qualify as ‘one of our own’ he has to come through the youth team.

Budgie brought Morrison in from Plymouth, but I think played for the youths at first.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 19:19:04 »

From FB.

Did anyone pick up a red club shop bag yesterday from the Don Rogers stand at the end of the game yesterday ?..the bag had the new 3rd shirt, and many other items in it....
I left celebrating a great win and in the excitement left it behind,...realised before leaving the car park and went back for it but it was gone...asked in reception,shop and stewards but sadly wasn't handed in..😔😪gutted as some gifts for the kids in there and tainted a great win..
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 19:35:44 »

Budgie brought Morrison in from Plymouth, but I think played for the youths at first.

Brought in at 16 with Tozer and Ben Joyce I think when Plymouth didn't offer them scholarships? Expensive decision that one. Maybe Seb Broomfield as well?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 09:21:52 »

Nice to meet you properly BO in the glue pot   Cool

For once I have read back and I'd like to say it was also good to meet you and Flash in the gluepot beforehand. After all these years as well! Smiley

As for the game itself, I thought Mansfield started the game strongly and with confidence and I feared it was only a matter of time before they got the opening. But with that said, they didn't really create anything clear cut, it just looked like they had 'control'. After seeing out that spell, we started to come into it and Khan, Kemp and Kinsella were working well in midfield and the ball was sticking with Young up front. The one part of our game you can see we have worked on in training is set-pieces, particularly corners but that free kick Kemp dinked into Young to guide into the corner must be one of those goals that coaches love, as you assume a lot of time is spent in training on it. I was enjoying Minturn's performance in particular. He was strong in the tackle and brought the ball out of defence really well. A really confident performance.

Unfortunately second half they subbed off Bowery for Akins up top and it completely changed the dynamic. All of a sudden Minturn was shaky and Mansfield quickly equalised after a bad bit of defending. The second half was quite open and whilst I did fear Mansfield would score, apart from them hitting the bar all of their other chances were kind of half-chances which were often straight at Mahoney. Chucking Flint up front was an interesting tactic and even more interesting was not even challenging him for a header. I guess when you have a 6ft6 beast in the air, not challenging him means you have an extra body to pick up the flick on etc? We through on Charlie, I figured to help defend Flint's danger but after a patient bit of play Shade put in a lovely ball, Charlie met it perfectly onto the post, the ball coming back to him to swivel and shoot, which was blocked back to Young, it hit the post again and finally smashed home by Young to grab a much needed 3 points. There is nothing better than a last minute winner in front of the Town End is there?

Overall, I've said in the MOM thread that I thought sacrificing Charlie for an extra body in midfield felt like the right change. Kemp and Young look energised (huge holes to fill in January) and Khan played his best game for a long time. At the back I think UGM is the more reserved CB, I guess that makes sense as he is the fastest and will be able to cover best when we lose the ball in transition. FBT (in particular) and Minturn could step nicely into midfield to offer extra bodies. I think Minturn plays with a lot of confidence for a young kid, terrific first half but I think after Akins came on he looked a bit less composed. It was great for him to get 90 in such an important game though.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 10:17:04 »

Havent looked back.

That was unexpected and well needed. A shot in the arm for everyone!

Thought we were good value for it.

Mansfield and obvious good side, on that single showing to me, Stockport looked better but i think they will be in that top three for sure.

A pen shout either end that should of been given, so cancelled out.

Anyway....a bit of joy at last!

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #444 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 10:30:56 »

https://fanbanter.co.uk/mansfield-commentators-labelled-salty-for-comments-taking-aim-at-swindon-and-their-fans/

They obviously have no idea about the history with Aden Flint.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 10:36:29 »

To be fair it was only Flint that was consistently booed, even Reed wasn’t
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 10:44:32 »

I booed flint, nobody else.
Have they never been to a footy match before?  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 10:47:37 »

To be fair it was only Flint that was consistently booed, even Reed wasn’t
Absolutely, they have no idea what happened previously, Reed is just another ex player, Flint made himself disliked.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2024, 14:50:26 »

Hitting a woman?  No

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/24212841.three-year-football-match-ban-violent-fan-swindon-town-game/
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: