Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 24754 times)
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 14:47:23 »

It was rumoured thay Uwakwe is a 2 year deal. I would be surprised if we didn’t include options for Brewitt as well as anyone we paid for (Hutton, Khan, Clayton spring to mind).

I hope you're right. You probably are - as we'd of almost certainly sold Hutton by now if we didn't have a year extension.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 16:52:40 »

4 visits...4 defeats.

Started off OK and if Austin bags the sitter, its over. He didnt.

Went off the field at halftime 1 up but totally dejected?

It was if both teams had gone down and playing out a dead rubber.

2nd half disaster...two low crosses, two goals.

Huff and Puff...nothing.

Shade made gestures to lift the crowd and that was rebuffed by the suffering fans.

Third went in and i fxxxd off.

Something is wrong in that dressing room!

A thumping could be on the cards Saturday.

I will enjoy the pub before anyway!

Clems Army!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 18:11:17 »

if this match was on the back on a winning streak there would be no issues at all.

we were the better team for the vast majority, a 10 minute period at the start of the second half and that was pretty much it for colchester. The problem is they scored with their chances and we missed with ours

no way did that look like a set of dejected players, everyone put a shift in, created the better opportunities and controlled the match for large periods.

we concede soft goals, have injury problems and have no bench to call on.

this is hardly john sheridan era or even football under morris.

i mean iv seen talk that we are getting relegated this season after last nights performance.

im as pissed off as anyone at being in league and I am desperate to get out. the blame lies with the owners at the moment, to me the players and the manager are doing everything they can to get a result.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 18:24:20 »

if this match was on the back on a winning streak there would be no issues at all.

we were the better team for the vast majority, a 10 minute period at the start of the second half and that was pretty much it for colchester. The problem is they scored with their chances and we missed with ours

no way did that look like a set of dejected players, everyone put a shift in, created the better opportunities and controlled the match for large periods.

i mean iv seen talk that we are getting relegated this season after last nights performance.

im as pissed off as anyone at being in league and I am desperate to get out. the blame lies with the owners at the moment, to me the players and the manager are doing everything they can to get a result.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree. We bossed the first half against a poor side, but a side who changed it at half time and we didn’t cope for 20 minutes. The midfield was absent, the defence had no protection and we conceded soft goals as we do every game. The football to try and chase the game was slow, with no urgency and we created very little. It was very worrying for me
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 18:26:47 »

Were they on Saturday?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 18:55:51 »

Quote from: singingiiiffy

we probably aren't, there are some other terrible teams. I think we'll pick up enough points from home games, and with a few returnees things will improve.

But January is key. Remember what happened last year.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 19:00:35 »

Sorry but I respectfully disagree. We bossed the first half against a poor side, but a side who changed it at half time and we didn’t cope for 20 minutes. The midfield was absent, the defence had no protection and we conceded soft goals as we do every game. The football to try and chase the game was slow, with no urgency and we created very little. It was very worrying for me
Agree with most of that but I thought second half we created just about enough to get a result. Young missed a sitter from a great low cross from Shade,RHM could have scored a couple if he'd have shot sooner, Kemp missed a couple,one a decent save and the other an unbelievable miss from less than a yard out with his head. But,yes,teams only seem to need a good 10/15 minute spell to pick us off lately

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 19:12:02 »

Were they on Saturday?

Can't comment as didn't watch. If they didn't get paid though you would think they were brighter than purposely going out of the cup with revenue at stake.

Agree with most of that but I thought second half we created just about enough to get a result. Young missed a sitter from a great low cross from Shade,RHM could have scored a couple if he'd have shot sooner, Kemp missed a couple,one a decent save and the other an unbelievable miss from less than a yard out with his head. But,yes,teams only seem to need a good 10/15 minute spell to pick us off lately

That's my point, there were enough chances and if we had won it would have been no suprise based on the game play but as with gillingham game we aren't scoring them.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 19:49:53 »

Started off OK and if Austin bags the sitter, its over. He didnt!
Strange how one of the best goalscorers we've seen has completely lost his touch in the box

There's lots of half chances recently you'd have hoped Austin would put away, let alone the sitters he is scuffing
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 19:51:43 »

Just a guess, but maybe he is getting too involved in other aspects of the game - mental tiredness/lack of sharpness resulting?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 20:11:26 »

Strange how one of the best goalscorers we've seen has completely lost his touch in the box

There's lots of half chances recently you'd have hoped Austin would put away, let alone the sitters he is scuffing

Even more strange is how every time he goes off, a ball will land perfectly on the head of RHM and you wish austin would still be on.

A lot of the chances are very much half chances and any other striker we probably won't notice but we knew how good austin was/is and could do better
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: