Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 24732 times)
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:10:30 »

Sure, the fans of those clubs protested but I doubt their actions had any effect on when and to whom their clubs were eventually sold.

We will never know. I would say it did but there's no proof without digging more into their situations.

I can't really see how a drop in gates and potential protests wouldn't accelerate Clem selling. He can't even fund us with 9k. What happens when it drops to 6k?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:12:44 »

Whatever the reasons for the position the club is in, it’s not the fan’s fault. It’s not the happy clappers fault, it’s not the doom and gloom merchants fault. Whatever fans think it’s not going to make things better or worse.

I respectfully disagree. A small group of fans have aided and abetted Morfuni every step of the way.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:13:59 »

Exactly. That’s the worry.

Just look down the M4. Reading have had fans marches and protests, Mike Ashley is sniffing, but why pay full price when you can buy the club for peanuts once it’s put in admin.

The time for an owner to sell is when the club is on the up not on the way down.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:15:35 »

We will never know. I would say it did but there's no proof without digging more into their situations.

I can't really see how a drop in gates and potential protests wouldn't accelerate Clem selling. He can't even fund us with 9k. What happens when it drops to 6k?
The Clem apologists on Facebook also seem completely oblivious to what actually happens if gates drops too. The Bury reality may come true to that one head in the sander.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:18:28 »

I respectfully disagree. A small group of fans have aided and abetted Morfuni every step of the way.

I think we’re talking about the ‘average’ fan - you and me for example. No doubt some Trust members were taken in but as has been shown, if Clem promises a look at the books and then decides not to no amount of tub thumping is going to make a difference.

Call him out - great - but don’t expect any skeletons to drive him out.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:20:11 »

Exactly. That’s the worry.

Just look down the M4. Reading have had fans marches and protests, Mike Ashley is sniffing, but why pay full price when you can buy the club for peanuts once it’s put in admin.

The time for an owner to sell is when the club is on the up not on the way down.

But it's only downwards for Swindon right now. Hopefully done enough to avoid the drop but it doesn't look good going forward. It's going to get worse before it gets better. Surely now is the time?

Only contracted players for next season to my knowledge are:

Godwin-Malife
Jake Cain
Tomi Adeloye
Liam Kinsella
Harrison Minturn
Ricky Aguiar

*unless other players have a +1 year option we can trigger

On top of this, our gates will dwindle and relegation becomes a scary reality for next season.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:23:47 »

Which is why if Clem is thinking of selling and there are potential suitors, now is the time for him to sell - before we hit rock bottom.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:28:53 »

Do the players know more than we do?

'Stick with us' and 'The good times are coming' seem like strange things to say unless there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:31:27 »

'Stick with us' and 'The good times are coming' seem like strange things to say unless there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Who has said that?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:34:50 »

Pretty sure FBT was pleading with fans to stick with them, not sure if any of them said the latter.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:35:43 »

Or a train coming down the tunnel?
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:40:02 »

Charlie Austin said the highs are coming on Instagram.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:41:22 »

On the magic mushrooms
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:44:10 »

He can be on whatever he likes as long as it makes him move around quicker!
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 14:23:38 »

But it's only downwards for Swindon right now. Hopefully done enough to avoid the drop but it doesn't look good going forward. It's going to get worse before it gets better. Surely now is the time?

Only contracted players for next season to my knowledge are:

Godwin-Malife
Jake Cain
Tomi Adeloye
Liam Kinsella
Harrison Minturn
Ricky Aguiar

*unless other players have a +1 year option we can trigger

On top of this, our gates will dwindle and relegation becomes a scary reality for next season.
It was rumoured thay Uwakwe is a 2 year deal. I would be surprised if we didn’t include options for Brewitt as well as anyone we paid for (Hutton, Khan, Clayton spring to mind).
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: