Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MoM Update  (Read 2544 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 09:52:01 »

That's a third of the season done after MK, so I thought I'd give a quick update on where we are in the MoM voting to give people something to talk about other than the meaning of the word 'competitive'. 18 games plated, 15 league, 1 league cup & 2 Paint Pot Trophy.

Most MoM Votes
% of total

1. Tom Brewitt (19%)
2. Dan Kemp (15%)
3. Murphy Mahoney (12%)
4. Saidou Khan (9%)
5. Udoka Godwin-Malife (9%)

Most MoMs
Outright wins,0.5 for a tie

1. Dan Kemp 4.5
2. Tom Brewitt 4
3. Murphy Mahoney 2.5
4. Udoka Godwin-Malife 2
5. Saidou Khan 1.5

Standout Performances
Highest % taken by a single player in a single game

1. Mahoney vs MK (73%, still open for votes)
2. Brewitt vs Newport (66%)
3. Brewitt vs Bradford (58%)
4. Khan vs Grimsby (51%)
5. Mahoney vs Notts Co (50%)

(Yes, Young vs Wrexham doesn't feature!)

Lowest Votes Per Appearance
Minimum 3 starts

1. Tariq Uwakwe 0.82
2. Charlie Austin 1.00
3. Jake Cain 1.33
4. Liam Kinsella 1.42
5. Rushian Hepburn-Murphy 1.54
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 10:04:26 »

Interesting.

You could argue that:

-  Our defence is porous, which helps Mahoney and Brewitt stand out defensively as they have to recover often.
- UGM stands out because he carries the ball out at speed and doesn't seem to be a traditional defender.
- Everything goes through Khan, who must touch the ball more than most in the team.
- Kemp is the only one in the team that seems to have some quality in the final third.

I think Young misses out as he is too inconsistent, which is something that seems to have plagued FBT (within individual games) this year.

As for the lowest number of votes - Three have only shown glimpses of what they can do, while 2 haven't played enough to properly judge them.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 11:54:55 »

I've made the point before that our defenders look good for the wrong reasons - either because they are having a good game going forward or because they are getting into one v one tussles all the time, being an individual if you like.  They do not work as a unit with the aim of keeping a clean sheet.  Some of that is no doubt due to how we want to play, but plenty of it has to be down to their combined ability.  FBT looks a decent enough L2 player, at left back.  He looked a but up and down when playing centrally last season, so no surprise he would again this season.  When he gets plaudits it's because of swashbuckling runs forward, like a left back would make.  Same for Godwin-Malife.  Hutton is all about the crossing, none of his defending and Brewitt seems to love man marking, but not so much the basics of covering and working as a three.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 12:40:42 »

Agree RobertT.

You could say the opposite about McEachran. He might not feature as he does all of the less visible stuff.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 12:54:50 »

What FBT and Malife do is what our midfield should be doing instead of slowing down the play constantly. I can’t work out if our ‘style’ depends on having non-defending defenders or whether that’s just how it’s panned out.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 12:58:33 »

Agree RobertT.

You could say the opposite about McEachran. He might not feature as he does all of the less visible stuff.

That logic makes sense to me, but Louis Reed always used to do very well and he was that kind of low key tempo player (plus the odd stonking free kick)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 13:03:03 »

I still can't work out if I like McEachran or not.  There is clearly some good technique there and he is willing to go into a tackle, but he doesn't really drive the team and he looks a weak link when we defend as a group.  Maybe he'd look better if Khan was a bully and he got to do the flashier stuff more often.  As it is he seems to drop deepest of the three in the middle and a defensive midfielder he is not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 13:19:03 »

I still can't work out if I like McEachran or not.  There is clearly some good technique there and he is willing to go into a tackle, but he doesn't really drive the team and he looks a weak link when we defend as a group.  Maybe he'd look better if Khan was a bully and he got to do the flashier stuff more often.  As it is he seems to drop deepest of the three in the middle and a defensive midfielder he is not.

My eldest doesn't go much these days but made newport, Notts County, and Gills.

His observation was : One of those players who looks busy but doesn't achieve much.

I told him that was harsh. I also thought he played well Saturday. Then I watched the goal highlights back again...
---
That said the lad didn't rate FBT until Tuesday - At least I get that as he hadn't been up to his high standards in the last month. Not a unique trait.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 15:59:29 »

Why is Man Of The Match abbreviated to MoM? That would be Man of Match.
Why isn’t is abbreviated down to MotM?
Do people abbreviate Match of the Day down to MoD or do they use MotD?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 16:05:40 »

It’s because MoM actually stands for Moaning Old Munters
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 16:05:56 »

As long as we're not having to go the Player of the match route. Doesn't roll off the tongue at all that.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 16:08:05 »

Thanks for the great stats.

One stand out was Austin, who I think fares badly because when he has been at his best (8 or 9/10) one or two others have been an obvious 9 or 10/10 (Kemp/Young) so he hasn't had the votes.

2 of your top three being a defender and a goalkeeper probably tells you where we are at over 15 games...

I'm chuffed for Brewitt and I think Mahoney is our best keeper since the BFG, and is arguably our best shot stopper since Wes.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 16:08:59 »

Why is Man Of The Match abbreviated to MoM? That would be Man of Match.
Why isn’t is abbreviated down to MotM?
Do people abbreviate Match of the Day down to MoD or do they use MotD?

Ur MoM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: