Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise v Swindon Town Matchday thread  (Read 25111 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 11:42:43 »

I’m not sure you could call Benn Ward a budget thing either because I’d suggest it’s quite likely we aren’t paying anything for him.

Taking a young player on loan from a Prem club is always a gamble with mixed results.
Everything on the internet suggests he a CB but have we even played him there?

Genuinely surprised we didn’t get another in of that his ilk to fill out our loan quota
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 11:55:01 »

Brewitt: 16 at Fylde, 22 at Morecambe then 60 in the US
Khan: 37 at Chesterfield, ~100 around other non-league clubs

They had unusual CVs, but both had been playing professional football for years. Perhaps Clayton is a better point of comparison, he made his pro debut for us, but he was a) captain of an elite academy and b) next to the very experienced Angus MacDonald.

The real outlier in experience terms is probably FBT who from my reckoning had played the grand total of 30 league games before he rolled up here.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 12:50:10 »

The real outlier in experience terms is probably FBT who from my reckoning had played the grand total of 30 league games before he rolled up here.

FBT shows that there's players out there without pedigree/experience etc who can serve a purpose (FWIW I think he is one of our best players).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 13:19:16 »

Always comes down to risk.

A been there and done it player types *on average* more likely to perform than not played much unknowns. i.e. the hit rate is higher.

Of course, could be a nonsense. Anyone got Keily's Excel spreadsheet?
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 13:48:16 »

Apologies if mentioned already but the LS Pod after this match was very good I thought. Only just caught up on it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 14:33:24 »

Of course, could be a nonsense. Anyone got Keily's Excel spreadsheet?

Sandro password protected it, hence the lack of signings.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 16:51:29 »

Fuck me. You’d think the official club site would get it right. Also, I know fans refer to them as Franchise but I’m not sure the official club site should.

‘ Match Highlights: Franchise 2-3 Swindon Town’

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/october/match-highlights-mk-dons-2-3-swindon-town/
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 16:54:20 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 16:54:15 »

Fuck me. You’d think the official club site would get it right

‘ Match Highlights: Franchise 2-3 Swindon Town’

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/october/match-highlights-mk-dons-2-3-swindon-town/

Would you though, at this point?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #698 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 10:39:35 »

It’s a requirement for all loans - no recalls for season long loans until January. Clubs have no say in it.
There is 1 exception to this rule, a goalkeeper can have his loan cut short if his parent club get an injury to their keeper.

Boremuff did this with Travers when he was with us and did the same to Travers last week terminating his season long loan to Stoke early after an injury to their 1st choice keeper.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 11:55:37 »

I thought Bournemouth called him back because Sheridan was a cunt and had an arguement with him? Thats what i recall anyway
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #700 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 12:34:28 »

I thought Bournemouth called him back because Sheridan was a cunt and had an arguement with him? Thats what i recall anyway
Official line was Travers was recalled by 'Muff due to an injury sustained by their 1st choice, who miraculously recovered 1 week later.

MARK Travers has been recalled by AFC Bournemouth - leaving Swindon Town with 18-year-old Archie Matthews as the club's only senior goalkeeper.

An injury to the Cherries' senior stopper, Asmir Begovic forced caretaker boss Jonathan Woodgate into requesting that Travers return to Dean Court ahead of Bournemouth's Championship fixture against Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: