Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Friday, October 27, 2023, 20:44:27)
Murphy Mahoney - 17 (33.3%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 17 (33.3%)
Harrison Minturn (sub 80) - 0 (0%)
Udoka Godwin-Malife - 2 (3.9%)
Tyrese Shade (sub 87) - 2 (3.9%)
Remeao Hutton - 5 (9.8%)
Saidou Khan - 2 (3.9%)
George McEachran - 3 (5.9%)
Dan Kemp - 1 (2%)
Charlie Austin (sub 69) - 1 (2%)
Jake Young - 0 (0%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (on 69) - 0 (0%)
Tom Clayton (on 80) - 0 (0%)
Miles Obodo (on 87) - 1 (2%)
Total Voters: 51

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Gillingham MoM Thread  (Read 3879 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 20:44:27 »

Try not to concede a deflection against the best defensive side in the division I reckon.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 20:44:53 »

FBT

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 20:48:48 »

Suspect there'll be vehement disagreement but I'm going Hutton, our main attacking threat and put in more than enough good balls that we should have done something with (and some bad ones, I agree, but nobody is 100%)

Can't help but think if we had a proper target man he'd be our most important player. As it is he feels a bit of a square peg.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 20:56:13 »

Suspect there'll be vehement disagreement but I'm going Hutton, our main attacking threat and put in more than enough good balls that we should have done something with (and some bad ones, I agree, but nobody is 100%)

Can't help but think if we had a proper target man he'd be our most important player. As it is he feels a bit of a square peg.
Yep,that's a decent shout

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 20:56:27 »

Difficult one.

I went for FBT. The reason being that he was the only one who seemed to try anything different. Hutton and Shade both had plenty of time on the ball, but did the same thing every time.

Young had a bit of a stinker. Missing the ball several times, missing the 1 clear chance of the game, and then shooting and putting the ball out for a throw!

Mahoney made two very good saves.

Minturn was very good in parts but made 2 massive mistakes!

UGM did the same time and again. He was playing in midfield in parts, but isnt a great midfielder.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:04:25 »

FBT, Dokes, Khan, Mahoney and Austin I thought all played fairly well.

Nobody on it in front of goal though.

Probably 4 very good chances to score, plus the should have been penalty on Kemp. I don’t really follow the stats but I imagine our xG to be fairly high for the second half.

Have gone with FBT, as Dokes was less effective second half.

Kemp off the boil a bit for me of late, and Youngs confidence looks shot, really needs a goal.

Good to see Clayton back for more minutes again. More fit defenders may allow us a bit more of a plan B in the near future.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:06:15 »

I thought McEachran had a very good game. Spread the play well with some great passes. He was MOTM for me.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:10:52 »

FBT, Dokes, Khan, Mahoney and Austin I thought all played fairly well.

Nobody on it in front of goal though.

Probably 4 very good chances to score, plus the should have been penalty on Kemp. I don’t really follow the stats but I imagine our xG to be fairly high for the second half.

Have gone with FBT, as Dokes was less effective second half.

Kemp off the boil a bit for me of late, and Youngs confidence looks shot, really needs a goal.

Good to see Clayton back for more minutes again. More fit defenders may allow us a bit more of a plan B in the near future.

Help me out here as I’ve clearly missed the memo. Who the fuck is Dokes?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:12:15 »

Help me out here as I’ve clearly missed the memo. Who the fuck is Dokes?
Udoke Godwin Malife

oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:13:29 »

I think he said in his first interview “just call me Dokes”.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:24:48 »

FBT.  By a country mile.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:26:12 »

FBT.  By a country mile.

Funny, I thought he was average. I’ve noticed he quite often does brilliantly with the first bit of defensive work but then plays us right into trouble. Can’t wait to get him out to LWB.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:30:49 »

Funny, I thought he was average. I’ve noticed he quite often does brilliantly with the first bit of defensive work but then plays us right into trouble. Can’t wait to get him out to LWB.
He was instrumental in our late "rally" after moving out to the left to be sure

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 23:29:37 »

He was instrumental in our late "rally" after moving out to the left to be sure
Certainly. 

Shade tried about one, poss. two left footed crosses and when he brought it back, predictably, on his right foot, instead of
1 an early diagonal into the box or
2 a horizontal low ball across for an advancing central midfielder to drive onto or
3 a deep crossfield pass to the other wing
he bumbled about and ended up giving a v. short pass to a teammate who came up to relieve him whilst the defence set itself even more solidly.

Over reliant on his right foot but could be coached into becoming a more decisive creator.

FBT reached Shade well.  He also carried forward well generally and put in a number of good tackles.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 09:24:09 »

FBT for me followed by Dokes, McEachran did quite well.

Hutton headless chicken crossing, pointless high crosses against a huge massed towering defence showed he wasn't thinking just putting balls in rather than playing the better option, very very disappointing for me.

Young had his worst game for us by a country mile as did Kemp.

Minturn played well other than a few errors, the OG he at least attempted to get a block in but was unlucky that the ball went the wrong way for Mahoney to save, the penalty was silly and rash, shame as otherwise he did quite well. Luckily it was one of the shitest penalties I have seen ever.

Shade threatened a fair bit again but will always cut inside to use his right foot and almost always try a shot which will be weak or blocked, he rarely beats his player and gets a cross in, when he does though its often lower and harder than Huttons floated ones which caused the defence far more problems.

Khan ran around a lot but with little impact and 3 times I was shouting at him to shoot when all he did was pass sideways to Shade/Hutton/McEachran.

Austin contributed a fair bit 1st half and missed one good header chance but went missing 2nd half.

Mahoney I thought played well and could do little about the goal as he was totally wrong footed by the deflection by Minturn.

Over all just a frustrating evening against a side that packed the defence and had a defensive counter game plan and were very hard to break down, if Youngs early effort went in rather than being saved it would have been a different game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: