Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford City v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 17748 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 14:17:09 »

Good job its half term and we wont need to ask the headteacher if we can stick a 15 year old on the bench!

Maybe rest one of the 3 players and play safe😁

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 15:12:52 »

Not sure if it’s mentioned but had to chuckle seeing Austin wearing a Jody Morris jacket in his interview.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 15:56:22 »

Not sure if it’s mentioned but had to chuckle seeing Austin wearing a Jody Morris jacket in his interview.

That has to be a little dig.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 16:00:12 »

Who’s doing the interviews when Hawes isn’t around🤔

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 16:30:25 »

Who’s doing the interviews when Hawes isn’t around🤔
Hawes did the interview yesterday for Wiltshire Radio. Its the club's media fella for the ones that are posted on here. That's why they are 'slightly' different to what I transcribe - Not because I get it wrong (but there is that too!).

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 16:31:52 »

Hawes did the interview yesterday for Wiltshire Radio. Its the club's media fella for the ones that are posted on here. That's why they are 'slightly' different to what I transcribe - Not because I get it wrong (but there is that too!).

Do you ever consider abusing the absolute trust people have in you and just making up some mad shit?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 16:34:23 »

Do you ever consider abusing the absolute trust people have in you and just making up some mad shit?

Haha, yes, you are basically STFC Interview Verified. Say anything and it'll be gobbled up.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 17:45:27 »

If the defender had gone shoulder to shoulder it wouldn't have been a penalty, but he put his shoulder into the back.  Penalty all day long, even if it wasn't a tough challenge.

I did mention that I think FBT isn't a good enough CB, especially when we only have three defenders on the pitch.  He has all the traits of someone who plays LB - he is thinking about what to do with the ball, how to start an attack, not get the fucking thing clear and then reset and worry about that.  Him at LWB would work I think - he is still pretty hood at getting forward.  Shade looks good with time and space, but his production in the final third is not even close to Hutton.  So even if you want your LWB to be an attacking source, he's just not good enough.  All that is with the expectation of us being a top 3 contender.

People really do take things a bit defensively on here (pun untended).  Just because I point out some areas of improvement does not mean that I thought we played badly.  I think Flynn has extracted maximum gain from the budget he seems to have been handed.  Our squad is not big enough and has nowhere near the level of talent in depth that it needs to be a top 3 contender, but he has us close.  Yesterday we were the better team, and a couple of those improvements would have seen us take all three points.

Shade's delivery into the box isn't as good as Hutton's, but he does at least have a decent shot on him and does look like he can cut back onto his right for a shot or go onto his left to make for the byline so does keep the defender guessing. Whilst Hutton can also deliver good crosses on either his left or right, he just doesn't have the danger of the shot (although he did score from outside the box yesterday)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 17:51:44 »

My general view on Shade can be distilled down to: (a) is he a LWB? No, and I doubt he or Flynn think he is either but he’s filling in and not disgracing himself. (b) has his general contribution and on pitch demeanour and attitude improved? Yes, clearly.

All in all things are moving in the right direction in the Shade dept. I still think his long term home is as a different type of 10. Not a playmaker but an almost second striker rather like Woolery was when he was effective.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:02:02 »

He reminds me of a younger version of Joel Grant.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:21:25 »

still think shade is an improvement in what we've seen from uwakwe so far.

not impressed with Kinsella but he's hardly had a run.

Both could be good signings in time though. Not writing them off
adje

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:23:04 »

For me,Shade is a bottom tier player with potential to be a third tier player.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:36:48 »

I though Uwakwe started to look okay, was putting in some decent crosses, got a couple of assists (I think), but then turned in back-to-back horror show appearances.

His delivery is decent, but Shade has some legitimate goal threat, and is starting to beat his man on occasion as well.  Neither defend well.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 18:54:28 »

You must have missed it when I went all Tansmedia after one game last year! 😂😂😂

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 11:56:18 »

I haven't seen enough of Uwakwe as I've missed a few recent games, but what I did see was bad.  Overall, I am not impressed by anyone played at LWB, hence the desire for FBT to be moved there because I think he is the best option.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: