Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morecambe v Swindon Town pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 13808 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 06:51:32 »

At half time I'd have taken a point, have to be disappointed to be leading against 10 men and not winning at the end though.

Thought it was a good game, two decent sides. We played some fantastic stuff at times, some of the link up play was great. Could/should have scored a few more.
Morecambe definitely no mugs though and posed a threat on many occasions.

There's a lot to like about this group, it's definitely going to be an entertaining season. FBT, Kemp and McEachran the pick of the bunch for me today.

Morecambe fans I spoke too before/after seemed a decent bunch too. Not a bad atmosphere at times for the 3000odd either compared to many clubs we visit.

Good shout out to the Morecambe fans, real good decent bunch and never came across one arsehole all day. Lovely older family in pub before the game, all smiles and lovely chat, people at the bar etc.
Lad living in Leicester, studying in Liverpool, a Morecambe fan that goes to every game on train home with us. Very complimentary about Swindon, fans etc.
He said Morecambe are 2 teams. Decent home, awful away.

They played some tidy football going forward, on top for a few periods but we should have seen that game out.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 08:07:57 »

Two points dropped but one point gained.
Morecambe were decent and will take points from the other top teams.

Collective failure for their second.
No need for Charlie to be dropping so deep to pick the ball up.
Keeping possession against 10 is fine but going for the third to finish the game would have been better.
Just didn't move it quickly enough, but credit to Morecambe they made it difficult.

Cracking day all round yesterday.
Interesting to be sat amongst Town fans with broad northern accents!
We are everywhere.

Anyway, the err sunshine break in Morecambe continues today.
Happy days.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 08:55:04 »

Some small observations...

Agree with the 2 points dropped conclusions, we really should have held on.

When we are good, we are bloody good, but it comes in fits and starts at best, and when we aren't on it we get so pedestrian it allows the opposition to easily reset, there were times yesterday that you wondered whether you had missed the ref blowing as things ground to a halt.

For the second, the highlights missed the prolonged period of fucking about at the back that preceded it. The second Charlie fell on his arse (were we not prepared for the pitch or something as Kemp kept falling on his arse as well) my mate said 'they are going to score here' and they did, it was coming and very self inflicted.

Much as with the FGR game, we just seem to miss something between the defence and midfield. I dont think they piss around with it at the back for so long because they want to more because there doesn't seem to be an out ball bar lumping it, and good on them Morecambe had identified that and pressed hard.

Didn't see much from young, but he needs to calm down with the falling over at every opportunity.

Feel a bit for Brewitt, he gets left exposed a lot while the other two fuck off upfield and if the tracking back isn't great at times he was left wrestling one whilst others were breaking with no trackers.

Some of our fans absolutely fucking hate Shade!

Morecambe's number 7 has a strange obsession with his own penis. Watching him play Bobby Big bollocks I assumed he was some experienced pro, turns out he is a 19 year old on loan from Shrewsbury.... considering how wound up he got after a short time, if I was a left back playing against him it would be pretty easy to provoke a red card out of him.

Sure I missed something,  but still not sure how a Morecambe player shanking it high and wide leads to a corner to them?

All in all a good game for the neutrals.

Oh and what was probably nicest, had a good old chat to a fair few fans and ownership, shares, chief executives and companies house wasn't mentioned once!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #303 on: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 09:22:42 »

Att: 3,737 (568 Town)

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 09:27:57 »

Cost me over £200. Cheers, STFC!

Love the attendance stats you provided . Where do you find them?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 09:37:50 »

Att: 3,737 (568 Town)
Good turnout from town, only 32 short of selling the whole allocation, not bad for a 418 mile round trip (thanks to the sign in the toilets for that).

Not really sure why morecambe's crowds are so stubbornly low, it's not like there is other sports in Morecambe/Lancaster that they are up against or other clubs on the doorstep, suspect its down to being a comparatively 'new' league club and still leaking fans to PNE, Blackpool and United.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 09:39:58 »

Love the attendance stats you provided . Where do you find them?
Our old friend twitter
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #307 on: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 09:47:23 »

Not really sure why morecambe's crowds are so stubbornly low, it's not like there is other sports in Morecambe/Lancaster that they are up against or other clubs on the doorstep, suspect its down to being a comparatively 'new' league club and still leaking fans to PNE, Blackpool and United.
Yesterday attendance was more than double the combined attendances for the matches between us. 1,559 and 1,655 with the Town contingent for those games being 292 and 472 respectively.

So attendances have more than doubled since 2017 and 2018.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, September 24, 2023, 16:43:27 »

Yesterday attendance was more than double the combined attendances for the matches between us. 1,559 and 1,655 with the Town contingent for those games being 292 and 472 respectively.

So attendances have more than doubled since 2017 and 2018.

They have acquired around another 1,000 fans. Like us they have had their ownership issues.
As posted previously their fans I met yesterday were class, a real friendly family club I wish them well.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, September 25, 2023, 07:37:05 »

3 Autos in this league.

Win at home and draw away and we will get one of those slots.

Watched the first half, Hutton was giving it away all the time, Young decided to keep falling to the floor despite the ref not giving anything to either side for 'bump' tackles, Austin not on it.

Missed a bucketful of chances in the game.

Frustrating but we are well exceeding my expectations thus far.

Clems Army!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, September 25, 2023, 08:01:52 »

I still think we need another striker
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, September 25, 2023, 08:38:11 »

I still think we need another striker

Agree. Octobers a packed month, and we'll be without Young for Bradford and miss Kemps creativity for McDons.

An injury for either Austin or RHM next month would be a disaster. Austin will need to play 90mins at Bradford so probably needs to be rested for part of Notts County.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, September 25, 2023, 08:46:56 »

Austin will need to play 90mins at Bradford so probably needs to be rested for part of Notts County.

He really was blowing for the last 20 minutes, but actually we generally looked shagged towards the end, Morecambe ran their arses off, genuinely thought they wouldn't be able to keep it up for 90 mins, but with the subs they did!

They have acquired around another 1,000 fans. Like us they have had their ownership issues.
As posted previously their fans I met yesterday were class, a real friendly family club I wish them well.

Better not acquire many more fans or they will have to shell out and actually finish the ground! It still has an air of a part finished ground on a part finished industrial estate, albeit the pub on the throat has helped a bit as will that sodding great big house they are building on the other side of the access road - who builds a multi million quid house immediately on the access to a football ground.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Monday, September 25, 2023, 09:00:03 »

What has frustrated me this season is the passing at snails pace. If we are playing with 10 men, lets move that ball a bit quicker. Sideways/backwards is fine but lets have a bit of urgency.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, September 25, 2023, 09:06:40 »

What has frustrated me this season is the passing at snails pace. If we are playing with 10 men, lets move that ball a bit quicker. Sideways/backwards is fine but lets have a bit of urgency.

…have you been watching replays of last seasons games?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: