Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sutton United pre match drivel and matchday thread 23/24  (Read 21193 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 10:28:50 »

Yeah Bodin is alright on co-comms do be fair. Hawes is always great value but I find he does seem to get confused at times. I guess it's hard to commentate and look at notes etc but after the third goal I thought it was obvious that Charlie was in fits of laughter and mocking to be subbed as he made a meal of scoring it. But for the next 5 minutes they kept talking about how Charlie was possibly hobbling around etc and needed to be taken off. Our commentary team are still miles better than any others i've heard.

It’s very bloody weird watching on iFollow whilst listening to commentary for radio. Not only that but I guess the commentators are still commentating from the top of the Arkells where as those on iFollow are watching from completely the other side.

FWIW I think Hockaday talks alot of sense but in the most boring monotonous voice known to man.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 10:34:11 »

Was on hols but did enjoy the updates.

Swash buckling style...but i hope we dont get a thumping, as that can happen with this style.

Cant wait for Saturday, at least my buzz is back....was very low close season.

Clems Army!
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 11:35:05 »

Yeah Bodin is alright on co-comms do be fair. Hawes is always great value but I find he does seem to get confused at times. I guess it's hard to commentate and look at notes etc but after the third goal I thought it was obvious that Charlie was in fits of laughter and mocking to be subbed as he made a meal of scoring it. But for the next 5 minutes they kept talking about how Charlie was possibly hobbling around etc and needed to be taken off. Our commentary team are still miles better than any others i've heard.

Some of the away comms on Ifollow make me cringe. Wrexhams was particually galling.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:10:59 »

It’s very bloody weird watching on iFollow whilst listening to commentary for radio. Not only that but I guess the commentators are still commentating from the top of the Arkells where as those on iFollow are watching from completely the other side.

FWIW I think Hockaday talks alot of sense but in the most boring monotonous voice known to man.

Oh absolutely right, their commentary perch almost certainly makes it difficult to see the minutae of things a viewer does. As mentioned before, they do an absolutely superb job so my minor mocking is probably extremely unfair.

Some of the away comms on Ifollow make me cringe. Wrexhams was particually galling.

What I like about Swindon's comms is whilst clearly favouring the home side, they are never totally biased. A lot of the northern teams tend to get carried away when referee decisions continuously go against them and they often have a huge moan then about how useless the ref is, instead of actually commentating on the game.

Back onto Saturday and the Centre Back discussion, the goals we've conceded so far this season which come to mind (the Crewe long shot aside) have come from 'carnage' in the box. Would an Edwards type defender help things back there? I know others have said that Edwards is quite slow and that would negatively affect the side, but I do think a presence potentially stops the pinball type goals we give away, and makes teams work harder for their goals. It's an interesting conundrum.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:12:39 »

Over a 46 game season, our current scoring rate would lead to 153 Goals Scored, which would smash the all time record (Peterborough scored 134 in the fourth division in 1961/2). Northampton scored 82 in running up 99 points in 2015/16.

Does seem unlikely when you see that context, but I'm here for the attempt.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:38:14 »

Glad the TVs were back working in the DRS. Anything over the PA system might as well be in Mongolian.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 13:01:36 »

Not read back yet so as always apologies if anything is repeated.

Well Saturday was a lot of fun wasn't it! It started off nervously as Mahoney seemed to want an age on the ball and Sutton seemed happy enough to let us pass it about between keeper and defence. Mahoney very nearly had his pocket picked and we breathed a huge sigh of relief!

Admittedly only from from watching the extended highlights but I thought Mahoney could have done better with a couple of their goals as well.

Our fixture list has been pretty kind so far so it's difficult to get too carried away. The real test is going to come when we play someone like Mansfield.  Given the nature of the squad we are going to have to be quite lucky with injuries as well.

sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 13:08:53 »

You can avoid the other team's commentary and opt for Hawes and co if you use the i follow website, as opposed to the app.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 13:44:27 »

Admittedly only from from watching the extended highlights but I thought Mahoney could have done better with a couple of their goals as well.

Was this table based on where they were when we played them or where they are now?
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:05:49 »

You can avoid the other team's commentary and opt for Hawes and co if you use the i follow website, as opposed to the app.

Cheers, mate. Unfortunately, i dont have the choice as i stream it through a TV app.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 15:53:29 »

* IMG_0168.jpeg (285.31 KB, 1088x1088 - viewed 129 times.)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 15:54:37 »

LOVE this  Cheesy
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 15:56:23 »

Regarding Austin. I initially thought the same thing about going straight down the tunnel, but he appeared again moments later and immediate thought there is nothing in it. It was fucking backing so suspected he just went to freshen up for a minute.

After the Kemp goal they were both cracking up. Austin did all the work and someone else poked it home. The usual talisman has hardly had any goals in a freescoring team, I'm sure he is frustrated with that but he has been unlucky and done all the right things and definitely a positive contribution to the team.

I'm delighted for Cain. Kept saying I think there is a player in there and he has started to show it. His technique is great for this level.

Defensively clearly something needs to change as we are conceding too many. I'm not entirely sure what the answer is. Is it another Centre Back? Is it a better DCM?

Another option might be abandoning the outside Centre Backs that get forward and pushing FBT and UGM to the wingback roles and get more centre backs in to concentrate solely on defending. Clearly our wing backs at the moment don't really defend and are attacking first wing backs. FBT and UGM would easily play in those roles and can defend. We'd lose something going forward but it would tighten things up tenfold.

Ref was shit again, but its League Two....at this rate I'd be surprised to get a decent one who doesn't miss  several obvious decisions per game.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 16:03:41 »

Regarding Austin. I initially thought the same thing about going straight down the tunnel, but he appeared again moments later and immediate thought there is nothing in it. It was fucking backing so suspected he just went to freshen up for a minute.

After the Kemp goal they were both cracking up. Austin did all the work and someone else poked it home. The usual talisman has hardly had any goals in a freescoring team, I'm sure he is frustrated with that but he has been unlucky and done all the right things and definitely a positive contribution to the team.

I'm delighted for Cain. Kept saying I think there is a player in there and he has started to show it. His technique is great for this level.

Defensively clearly something needs to change as we are conceding too many. I'm not entirely sure what the answer is. Is it another Centre Back? Is it a better DCM?

Another option might be abandoning the outside Centre Backs that get forward and pushing FBT and UGM to the wingback roles and get more centre backs in to concentrate solely on defending. Clearly our wing backs at the moment don't really defend and are attacking first wing backs. FBT and UGM would easily play in those roles and can defend. We'd lose something going forward but it would tighten things up tenfold.

Ref was shit again, but its League Two....at this rate I'd be surprised to get a decent one who doesn't miss  several obvious decisions per game.

He went to get a cold towel, told someone on twitter to stop shit stirring
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 16:11:52 »

Yeah it was pretty obvious when he came back literally 40 seconds later.

His attitude is pretty obviously fine. If anything we look like we've got the best team spirit in years.

Also didn't mention Hepburn-Murphy who might be the most improved player this season under Flynn.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: