Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Transfer deadline day  (Read 22152 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 10:03:45 »

It's as it always as it has been really isn't it?

Go back to the deadline day moves of the early 90's...Shearer to Blackburn, 'replaced' with Terry Gibson (heartbreaking)
Kerslake to Leeds...we had Summerbee to replace him (more luck than judgement I suspect) but Hoddle has said since that this was the point at which he first started to think he needed to move on from Swindon
Fjortoft to Boro...replaced by...nobody

We've just come full circle - at least Wakeling isn't as important to the side as those mentioned above were.

I think my point is, after all these years I just don't have the energy to get angry about it any more...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 11:10:36 »

A club like ours has to sell, and if we can get a decent fee and a sell on for a bit part striker, I’m happy with that aspect. I just wish things would stop being undisclosed.

I do, however, take issue with the overall composition of our squad and lack of cover almost all over the pitch. I hope we’ve just been shit at recruitment, rather than Flynn being missold what budget he had at his disposal.

This.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 11:14:42 »

It's as it always as it has been really isn't it?

Go back to the deadline day moves of the early 90's...Shearer to Blackburn, 'replaced' with Terry Gibson (heartbreaking)
Kerslake to Leeds...we had Summerbee to replace him (more luck than judgement I suspect) but Hoddle has said since that this was the point at which he first started to think he needed to move on from Swindon

We've just come full circle - at least Wakeling isn't as important to the side as those mentioned above were.

I think my point is, after all these years I just don't have the energy to get angry about it any more...

I think most fans have come to terms with that virtually every club bar Man City are a 'selling club' these days if the deal makes sense. Its not that, its the lack of activity in the other direction that is the problem.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 11:17:29 »

I hope we’ve just been shit at recruitment, rather than Flynn being missold what budget he had at his disposal.

That would be a real worry. Maybe the pre/post match bits today may drop some hints as to his true feelings of those above.

Hopefully nothing to see
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 11:24:07 »

Jason Drysdale, if I remember correctly. It pretty much amounted to the same thing, mind.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 11:39:25 »

Jason Drysdale, if I remember correctly. It pretty much amounted to the same thing, mind.
Oh yes, Jason Drysdale...how could I have forgotten him Grin
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 11:43:28 »

Hahahaha

https://x.com/wrexham_afc/status/1697933785503854931?s=46&t=sUQ-fFgelrF5oqTmo-D8tA
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 11:43:34 »

I think most fans have come to terms with that virtually every club bar Man City are a 'selling club' these days if the deal makes sense. Its not that, its the lack of activity in the other direction that is the problem.
Indeed, which was my point with the examples I gave...couldn't wait to get the players out with no thought given or effort made in bringing in an adequate replacement...some things never change and I can't bring myself to get angry any more...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 11:55:00 »

I’m old enough now that my son is older than everyone in our team 😲
I am the same, other than Charlie who is 1 year older than my eldest son.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 11:57:48 »

I am the same, other than Charlie who is 1 year older than my eldest son.
My youngest daughter is older than Flynn!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 11:58:48 »

Understand what you are trying to say here...

However, its about when you cash in. Wakelin was a good potential to improve at that is obviously why Peterboro purchased.

The current investors (Morfuni is clearly not the only one now) and obviously light weights and can't buy any jewels for Flynn to polish and shine for for the future.

In fact Flynn might not have enough quality players to put out a suitable team later in the season when injuries and the like happen to limit the existing group.

The real issue here is as I see it. Is when and not if Flynn gets pissed off and says enough is enough.

Until then... as long as the Town can still perform and play exciting footbal... and keep winning more that they are losing.

That's fine for me.  

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 12:10:48 »

Oh man that's a bit of a nightmare for everyone involved. And obviously hilarious for the rest of the league.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 12:13:00 »

Apparently the fee is around £300k with a 30% sell on.
If true, and Wakeling develops into a decent striker (which they have a record of doing) he’s probably going to sell for in excess of £4m.

Based on that we would get a hefty sell on fee, which we probably wouldn’t get on our own.

So from a business point of view a good deal.

The problem is we didn’t get the bodies through the door that we all think we need.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 12:20:10 »

Apparently the fee is around £300k with a 30% sell on.
If true, and Wakeling develops into a decent striker (which they have a record of doing) he’s probably going to sell for in excess of £4m.

Based on that we would get a hefty sell on fee, which we probably wouldn’t get on our own.

So from a business point of view a good deal.

The problem is we didn’t get the bodies through the door that we all think we need.

Where are these numbers from, or just ITK?

If they are real then that money being spent on Kemp/Young perm deals would be great.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #149 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 12:22:15 »

This makes me laugh, £450k fee agreed too apparently!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: