Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: glasses prescriptions - not the glasses themselves  (Read 4018 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 19:50:27 »

my near vision is getting fucked. Asda optician was good but the 'sales staff' shite.

so I got a pair from glasses4u. lenses good, frames meh but they are only for reading (£15 delivered, soapy tit wank).

onto the question:
  - can the same prescription printout the optician have be be used for distance glasses? or doesn't it work like that?

my distance vision is ok but deteriorated a bit. so might pick up a cheap pair for driving (though I'm legal without)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 20:10:07 »

my near vision is getting fucked. Asda optician was good but the 'sales staff' shite.

so I got a pair from glasses4u. lenses good, frames meh but they are only for reading (£15 delivered, soapy tit wank).

onto the question:
  - can the same prescription printout the optician have be be used for distance glasses? or doesn't it work like that?

my distance vision is ok but deteriorated a bit. so might pick up a cheap pair for driving (though I'm legal without)

Have you considered varifocals that's what I use saves the need for two separate pairs and you only use them to suit.

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 20:16:40 »

onto the question:

I’m going to sound very cliche now, but go to Specsavers.
Have always found the sales staff really helpful, and after a couple of years of having cheap glasses, I went and had my eyes done properly by them, spent £70 on a pair and it was the best thing I did.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 20:21:36 »

Have you considered varifocals that's what I use saves the need for two separate pairs and you only use them to suit.

Edit : I'm with Quaggy go to specsavers rather than buying online plus you get two pairs for the price of one.I personally choose varifocals as I prefer having the option of reading close up plus still being able to look far away rather than switching glasses depending on what you are trying to focus on.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 20:24:43 by Jimmy StoppedMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 20:22:07 »

They also measure you to ensure the glasses fit correctly.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 20:25:17 by Jimmy StoppedMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 20:31:53 »

If it's any help there is a sale on at the Specsavers in Fuengirola at the moment.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 20:34:35 »

onto the question:

Getting old Mate it’s shite.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 20:36:03 »

Sadly true....it happens to us all🤣

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 21:15:24 »

Sadly true....it happens to us all🤣

My health check yesterday.
Blood pressure very good, cholesterol fine, just stress relate pressure.
She asked the causes, work, family ?
I said no, we are just shite at holding onto leads in the 87th minute.🥊

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 21:20:36 »

My health check yesterday.
Blood pressure very good, cholesterol fine, just stress relate pressure.
She asked the causes, work, family ?
I said no, we are just shite at holding onto leads in the 87th minute.🥊

I'm surprised your cholesterol is is fine considering all those burgers you must eat following the Town up and down the country😆

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:31:52 »

Welcome to being in your 50s Batch. I use to have great vision, but it's fuzzy beyond about 25ft and I have to hold my hand further from my face to read anything. Got glasses for driving, and got some cheap reading ones from Wilko, about £4 I think  Cheesy
Didn't realise how bad my near vision was. Moaning about the small fucking print on labels   Grin
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 09:53:23 »

I had my lenses replaced, only need readers now
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 10:17:22 »

Varifocals are fine for most things - I have needed distance and reading specs for some time and found them much better than switching pairs all the time.
However to play golf I found I needed a distance only pair (as with the varifocals I found I was trying to hit the ball while looking through the reading rather than the distance bit and I really struggled with that - it may just have been I’m not very good at golf, but it is  definitely better with distance only specs).
I’ve also heard of people who needed a separate pair for using a computer as their screen was placed between the optimum distances for reading/distance of their varifocals.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 11:49:46 »

all good stuff but not quite what I was asking

my question was on the actual eye test paper, is it
  - one set of values which cover both your long and near vision
 - if you are both near and short sighted you need 2 days of values.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 15:28:40 »

Welcome to being in your 50s Batch. I use to have great vision, but it's fuzzy beyond about 25ft and I have to hold my hand further from my face to read anything. Got glasses for driving, and got some cheap reading ones from Wilko, about £4 I think  Cheesy
Didn't realise how bad my near vision was. Moaning about the small fucking print on labels   Grin

I'm sorry to be intruding on your day to day life......
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: