Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wrexham v Swindon Town pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 27185 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 11:03:30 »

I think we could be in trouble against Wrexham. Palmer is a handful.

Team wise I want to see Khan back in for Kinsella if fit. Think RHM might just be on the bench if we are lucky so only the one change from FGR for me, provided everyone else came through unscathed.

4-2 Wrexham.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 11:04:51 »

Is Palmer playing up front for them? Could have sworn he was playing centre back last year
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 11:05:54 »

If this was any other club than Wrexham, with the exact same squad, we would be seeing this game so differently in my opinion.

Their squad really isn’t that great, especially with the injuries they have.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 11:07:51 »

If this was any other club than Wrexham, with the exact same squad, we would be seeing this game so differently in my opinion.

Their squad really isn’t that great, especially with the injuries they have.

Probably true. Mullin out is a major issue for them.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #49 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 11:09:11 »

I have watched 20 min extended highlights of all the Wrectum games so far.

Foster for all his heroics does not look massively steady in goal.

The are slow in defence from what I have seen, put a quick player up front like RHM and they struggle on the deck.

They are not one of the better passing sides but get the ball forward very fast and play with a massive lump striker in Ollie Palmer who always is difficult to play against.

Wxm do play to his strengths with long high balls and extra long throw ins from Tozer, they push up the 3 huge CB's too all around 6 foot 3, I fear we will struggle against the aerial onslought as we often do with a small side.

Even though Genesini played well on Tuesday I think the extra height of Ward at LWB could be deployed, which I think would be harsh on Genesini.

If we keep it on the deck and press them with our own passing game we can get a result but dont let them pressure us with their more agricultural game, especially with a large home fan backing behind them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 11:18:43 »

So the Lincoln of a few years ago when they got back in the league.

Hope they haven’t got a siren!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 11:22:50 »

So the Lincoln of a few years ago when they got back in the league.

Hope they haven’t got a siren!
Similar to Lincoln in style definately, any siren will be the cry of when they step on the tail of a sheep Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 11:30:04 »

I just saw that Wrexham are 'unable' to offer any ticket collection services so fans have to collect their tickets prior to arrival from Swindon. That does seem pretty backwards, I wonder why Wrexham are so unhelpful? (not that they have to be of course)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 11:38:34 »

I just saw that Wrexham are 'unable' to offer any ticket collection services so fans have to collect their tickets prior to arrival from Swindon. That does seem pretty backwards, I wonder why Wrexham are so unhelpful? (not that they have to be of course)
Also refusing to provide reprints, which I presume is why STFC weren't willing to post tickets out. Was a bit of a pain for me living in Cheshire. Thankfully my parents were able to drive in to collect my ticket and post it to me.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 11:40:48 »

Also refusing to provide reprints, which I presume is why STFC weren't willing to post tickets out. Was a bit of a pain for me living in Cheshire. Thankfully my parents were able to drive in to collect my ticket and post it to me.

I guess as a club struggling financially it's a case of look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 12:00:42 »

I guess as a club struggling financially it's a case of look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

I suspect more with an eye on them going missing in the post and thus creating a further ball ache for the club (STFC) in being responsible for trying to sort that mess out.

Just out of interest, do we provide a ticket collection facility for away fans? 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:05:30 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
Wrexham ... does seem pretty backwards

it's not just Wales but Northern Wales. what do you expect
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:05:34 »

I suspect more with an eye on them going missing in the post and thus creating a further ball ache for the club (STFC) in being responsible for trying to sort that mess out.

Just out of interest, do we provide a ticket collection facility for away fans? 

Yeah my post wasn't entirely serious and more about Wrexham than us. Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:05:39 »

Looks like 2 players back but another one out - wouldn’t say who.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 13:11:06 »

it's not just Wales but Northern Wales. what do you expect

We got a ferry from Holyhead to Ireland earlier this year and decided to potter about in Holyhead for the day. What a horrible, bleak, downtrodden town. Walking through the town centre reminded me of walking from the Glue Pot to the CG. It was awful.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: