Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Women’s World Cup  (Read 13372 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 12:26:05 »

It would be interesting to know what the reaction would be if it was a woman kissing a male footballer.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 12:28:09 »

Without wanting to defend Rubiales' behaviour, I think the occasion can't be dismissed as a factor here. It was minutes after winning the World Cup and emotions were clearly high. I was watching ITV racing the other day and there was a clip from after the race where the female owner grabbed the jockey's cheeks and planted a kiss on his face. This was later clipped and put on twitter by ITV as a moment of joy by the horse owner.

Obviously if the recipient of the kiss will ultimately decide on the consensual nature but its quite tricky given the nature of the occasion.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 12:32:16 »

I think with a bit of humility and contrition after the initial action, it's a minor story, it's his absolutely batshit response since that has made him look a Grade A tool.
DMC

« Reply #123 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 12:35:24 »

and his behaviour leading up to it
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 12:38:55 »

Hasn’t he been a grade A bellend for ages
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 12:39:03 »

Well indeed, but that all ends up coming out (or at least, being taken seriously) because of his entirely mad response since. It's a masterclass in how not to handle events.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 12:39:23 »

I think with a bit of humility and contrition after the initial action, it's a minor story, it's his absolutely batshit response since that has made him look a Grade A tool.

Oh absolutely. I was merely taking the 'occasion kiss' at face value. He probably should have just said that he got carried away and offered an apology but he's clearly too arrogant.

What was this out of interest? (Genuinely don't know the complete story clearly)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 12:43:58 »

The crotch grabbing was bizarre.

He behaved like he was coked up!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 13:19:24 »

The crotch grabbing was bizarre.

He behaved like he was coked up!

Bit different but Martinez weird behaviour when he won the golden glove award after winning the World Cup just shows that it makes some blokes act like right whoppers!

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 17:37:10 »

I mean, a good consensus of male footballers and coaches have been known for not being able to 'keep it in their pants' so it's really nothing new is it?

The sport is rife with dishonourable types but of course for many, it's ok because 'tHeY aRe ArE eErOWs InNiT?'

The Spain coach is a massive bulb but I think they story in isolation is somewhat farcical. I'm sure there's probably plenty in here that have probably {in the moment of seeing a last gasp winner away from home in injury time or a PO Second Leg winner etc} hugged, grabbed, kissed, embraced, danced, exuded some endorphin/dopamine type of passion based rush of emotion {shared at the very same moment} with the nearest person to them in a stadia {whether man/woman/or person identifying as anything they bloody well want to}, when a good thing has happened for the parties concerned. Was it a consensual kiss - well no, of course it wasn't because that is the emotion of the happy moment. If he's guilty of sexual assault then we're likely all guilty/very hypocritical for doing similar or deeply emotionless sociopaths...then again, there's probably a fair chunk of those on here so I better go and hide 

Joy; a feeling of great pleasure and happiness.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 17:46:21 »

Bizarre.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 07:51:57 »

Well indeed, but that all ends up coming out (or at least, being taken seriously) because of his entirely mad response since. It's a masterclass in how not to handle events.

That's the bit that gets me. A "sorry I got caught up in the moment and it won't happen again" and it's a non story.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 08:34:07 »

Non story for me but interesting how this is being reported.

Before every game that Spain played in and even before they kicked a ball there was talks of bad feeling between the players and the Spanish FA blah blah. Thats not being mentioned now...why is that?

'Spain's build-up to the tournament had been dominated by a player revolt, with a number of players wanting head coach Jorge Vilda to be sacked.'

No way he should of kissed her like that and moving forward its best that there is a zero policy to any contact at all before, during and after any games. Medals should be placed on a cushion or tray and handed out.

For me its sort of rubbished the W World Cup, which i quite enjoyed. If this sort of bollocks is the way its going to be, i think i will give Womens Football miss.

Clems Army!
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 18:46:10 »

Non story for me but interesting how this is being reported.

Before every game that Spain played in and even before they kicked a ball there was talks of bad feeling between the players and the Spanish FA blah blah. Thats not being mentioned now...why is that?

'Spain's build-up to the tournament had been dominated by a player revolt, with a number of players wanting head coach Jorge Vilda to be sacked.'

No way he should of kissed her like that and moving forward its best that there is a zero policy to any contact at all before, during and after any games. Medals should be placed on a cushion or tray and handed out.

Not sure if you're aware, but this is a mixture of 2 stories.

1. Many of the players had fallen out with the team's manager - Vilda - in the build-up to the competition. He had to leave about half of his first XI at home because they refused to play for him. There are lots of news stories about this and it's not forgotten.

2. Rubiales' celebrations after the final whistle.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:49:31 »

Wait, there are two different issues and two different people?! Why wouldn't they report on those things in the same articles

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: