Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC Transfer Rumours thread  (Read 43463 times)
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 09:27:36 »

Apologies, I misread, I omitted the word 'draft' completely from my understanding of your sentence.  A group of us tried the draft system the first season it was introduced and none of us saw it through.  I'm very engaged with the main game so I sometimes forget the draft is there. 

Have you played it since conception or have you started this season?  I wanted it to be a fun alternative to begin with but for whatever reason never continued with it.

Interestingly there is an 'Anti FPL' community which uses the official points and values etc. whereby you have to get the worst score possible using a certain amount of budget with players actaully playing otherwise incurring a 'fine'. 

I only heard of this just before the start of this season and then forgot to find it.  I think it could be fun, Salah and Haaland on everyone's benches then loads of 4M defenders who will never return any points but play every minute.  Good idea.

Yes draft is very different. I joined my son's little league last year. I had always got really annoyed with him being invested in random strikers scoring or Chelsea keeping a clean sheet. Joined last year and am well and truly hooked. There are only 6 players so it's very competitive. We did the draft before the Kane will he won't he shenanigans for added tension. It's good fun.

Anti FPL sounds interesting. I was also thinking you  could put some "real" money in a league somehow and your investment increases as your players develop. But realised I really can't be bothered or am not clever enough to work it out Smiley
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 11:05:43 »

Wrexham paying £300k for Brandan Hanlan 🤣
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 11:17:24 »

Record of 1 in 3
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 11:18:06 »

1 ‘a’ in every 3 letters of his name

Not goals.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #364 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 11:18:51 »

Record of 1 in 3
1 in 6 goals.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 11:20:30 »

1 ‘a’ in every 3 letters of his name

Not goals.

1 in 6 goals.

^
Peter Venkman

« Reply #366 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 13:04:06 »

Peterborough have a bid of £250k turned down for AFC Wimbledon striker Ali Al-Hamadi, they are said to be looking at several L2 players.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #367 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 13:06:39 »

Morecambe manager Derek Adams says he is close to signing 2 more players taking his Summer total to a whopping 16 new players!

MKD get a windfall from a 25% sell on clause for Sam Nombes sale from Exeter to Rotherham for £1m and look likely to spend most of that on Luke Armstrong from Harrogate.

If Harrogate lose Armstrong they must become one of the favourites for relegation especially after losing 8-0 at home to Blackburn last night, that must demoralize a squad.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 13:24:40 »

Morecambe manager Derek Adams says he is close to signing 2 more players taking his Summer total to a whopping 16 new players!

Weren't they similar to us summer 21-22 in having about 2 players on the books at the start of the summer. Considering their ownership issues seem little further forward I would there is a lot of just making up the numbers within that 16?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #369 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 13:29:08 »

Weren't they similar to us summer 21-22 in having about 2 players on the books at the start of the summer. Considering their ownership issues seem little further forward I would there is a lot of just making up the numbers within that 16?
I know Morecambe had an almost entire clear out of players in the Summer with relegation and players contracts not being renewed etc, not sure how many players they had but I think it was less than 10 from last season.

No idea how their new ownership is coming along but I do know they are still financially precarious, yes you would assume they just got in players who they could afford rather than players they actually wanted, certainly for the time being, and on short term deals too I would think.

The last thing I can find on it is this back in May.

https://www.beyondradio.co.uk/news/local-news/morecambe-fc-directors-call-for-urgent-sale-of-club-as-800k-loss-revealed/

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 15:22:31 »

Admiral Muskwe to Exeter
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 15:26:29 »

Admiral Muskwe to Exeter

He's happiest by the sea.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 15:27:18 »

In a mild (Alanis Morrisette) irony, Zimbabwe, the country of his birth, is landlocked. Perhaps that's why he had to leave?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 15:28:58 »

That’s his insurance. 111
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Thursday, August 31, 2023, 15:29:02 »

I have always wondered if the irony of there being no irony in that song was in fact a purposeful feat of irony.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: