Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC Transfer Rumours thread  (Read 43529 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 09:58:17 »

Can't help but think the Welsh club have made a bit of a hash of their transfer policy this season. It doesn't seem very joined up, nor have they 'done their business early.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:04:01 »

Massively uninspiring signing certainly that price!

The Wycombe fans dont seem bothered hes leaving either, many saying he blows hot and cold but has been playing as a lone striker in their formation when hes a number 10 role player.

Still I guess its cheaper than £500k for Luke Armstrong who has only scored 46 league goals in 170 games.

Seen plenty of signings that look duff on paper but turn out great & plenty that look great on paper but end up being crap

Different manager, different team, different formation, different style etc etc.

I know it’s early doors but I don’t think any of us were expecting Jake Young to smash the goals in as soon as he stepped foot on the pitch. When we signed him most tonight he’d be 4th choice…
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:11:55 »

Can't help but think the Welsh club have made a bit of a hash of their transfer policy this season. It doesn't seem very joined up, nor have they 'done their business early.'

I imagine whilst having the finances to sign players from 2 levels above is nice, it’s also a ball ache when trying to sort out any other deals as everyone will know you can offer the big money. Probably also a pain for wage budgets across the squad as the range will be so large and could cause upset.

Think they probably thought they could add a few to their squad and sail through the league (one of their strikers was talking pretty confidently about back to back promotions) and now the reality has hit, they’ll panic a bit and scatter gun the rest of the window/January in a pretty costly manner.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:12:12 »

Seen plenty of signings that look duff on paper but turn out great & plenty that look great on paper but end up being crap

Different manager, different team, different formation, different style etc etc.

I know it’s early doors but I don’t think any of us were expecting Jake Young to smash the goals in as soon as he stepped foot on the pitch. When we signed him most tonight he’d be 4th choice…
This is very true, altho 26 is quite long in the tooth to hit his high spot in his career, that said Doyle sparked with us aged 32.

As I have said many times previously its horses for courses, some clubs dont fit players and visa versa and some players dont fit a style.

So far we have got lucky with Young, long may it last.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:14:07 »

Looks like Franchise are signing Armstrong too - £375,000. Which is strange as Wrexham supposedly offered more.

Maybe the player wants to go to a 'proper' club like Franchise and not a joke club like Wrexham Cheesy
Peter Venkman

« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:15:21 »

Maybe the player wants to go to a 'proper' club like Franchise and not a joke club like Wrexham Cheesy
Never did I think I would ever hear franchise being called a "proper club" Smiley

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:17:54 »

Hence the

Cheesy
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:20:32 »

I imagine whilst having the finances to sign players from 2 levels above is nice, it’s also a ball ache when trying to sort out any other deals as everyone will know you can offer the big money. Probably also a pain for wage budgets across the squad as the range will be so large and could cause upset.

Think they probably thought they could add a few to their squad and sail through the league (one of their strikers was talking pretty confidently about back to back promotions) and now the reality has hit, they’ll panic a bit and scatter gun the rest of the window/January in a pretty costly manner.

Yes, I think a bit of a false sense of how their squad would fare in L2 for sure. Tozer for example looks miles off it, as Foster did.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:22:55 »

Wrexham also linked to Lyle Taylor
Peter Venkman

« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:28:51 »

Wrexham also linked to Lyle Taylor
I hope they dont sign him, he is too good for L2.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:49:29 »

Doesn’t stop them still having a shite defence, though.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:53:11 »

Doesn’t stop them still having a shite defence, though.
Well they are likely to be getting a better keeper than Foster soon. Wrexham have always been "we will score more goals than we concede" type of team under PP.

That only works when you have a good attack that can outscore the amount of goals scored against them, much more difficult in L2 than the Conference.

They were bang average against us, but then defensively we werent great shakes in that game either.

Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 10:57:53 »

Well they are likely to be getting a better keeper than Foster soon. Wrexham have always been "we will score more goals than we concede" type of team under PP.

That only works when you have a good attack that can outscore the amount of goals scored against them, much more difficult in L2 than the Conference.

They were bang average against us, but then defensively we werent great shakes in that game either.

True but let's not forget the Breakspear factor. I suspect that Don Rogers ran over his cat 40 years ago and he's set about getting his revenge every time he refs us.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 11:03:03 »

True but let's not forget the Breakspear factor. I suspect that Don Rogers ran over his cat 40 years ago and he's set about getting his revenge every time he refs us.
Oh the refereeing cost us for sure, but I think the refs this season are under a lot mor epressure so mistakes will happen, I just hope they even out over the season.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 11:03:17 »

I hope they dont sign him, he is too good for L2.

He’s 33 and hasn’t kicked a ball for over a year. I can’t imagine he’s got too many offers in all honesty.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: