Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC Transfer Rumours thread  (Read 44562 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 16:28:07 »

It’s bizarre isn’t it? He was absolutely, without question, abysmal for us. Easily the worst goalkeeper I’ve ever seen

Like I say, I'm certain he's way better than what we saw but to be worth more than what starting L2 players in total are probably worth is absolue madness.  (Probably too far re. the valuation of L2 players but I'm making a point  Smiley )
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 16:33:20 by Kinky Tom » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 16:35:06 »

9 million. jeez.. while the above is true, definitely had to be better than we saw.

but for us, useless
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 16:48:47 »

That's the Bosman ruling for ya😀

‘Power to the people’ something I suspect 99.9% of everyone on here agrees with? Though the state will always have primacy in that.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 16:54:34 »

Kovar for me was a bit like a Shade type player in that he had the hard stuff - in his case, big enough and able to play the ball on the ground in the way that modern top flight teams want. His basics absolutely weren't good enough, and that was a huge problem at our level where frankly, you do quite a lot of actual goalkeeping. In theory at least, that stuff should be easier to improve than trying to make a great shot stopper into a sweeper keeper. Young players improve all the time though, and presumably he has!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 17:20:59 »

Can't blame Kane weirdly, he will want that all time record and isn't far off it
Premier League goal scoring record - not to be sneezed at, true.

BUT...3 or 4 Bundesliga titles (maybe a Champions League medal)...and few German Cup medals for good measure.

PLUS a fantastic lifestyle in a beautiful part of the world for him and his family...Germany is a great country and Bavaria is amazing.

To me, it should be a total no brainer...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 17:26:57 »

9 million. jeez.. while the above is true, definitely had to be better than we saw.

but for us, useless

agree with many but he was a kid. swindon was his first taste of senior football and he had wellens, hunt and sheridan as manager in his 21 games with us in what was an awful season of football. senior goalkeepers were a mess in that season- let alone kovar so we should cut him a huge amount of slack. wrong player at the wrong time. playing in front of a decent back 4 in a successful team would have been interesting to see.

now aged 23, impressed at burton on loan, and with united. pre-season tour with usa many united fans were saying he should be challenging in the new no.1 as people were that impressed with his games.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 17:31:22 »

Won't be the first young player to improve with age and experience. I guess being at a huge club with the best facilities and best staff will always help.

I don't think many people will disagree in the fact his loan spell with us was awful. I personally am not hugely surprised he's gone on to command a decent fee, you don't get to be third choice keeper at Man U if you don't have anything about you. Now is the time to see if he sinks or swim as a first choice (I'm assuming) keeper at a big club.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 07:36:19 »

Tottenham accept the offer, Kane wants to go, give him permission to go to Munich for medical.

Gets to airport, they revole premission and try to change the deal.

How cuntish is that
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 07:41:29 »

Liverpool, who baulked at the transfer fee for Jude Bellingham have now bid 111 million for Brighton's Caicedo. Baffling - until the point made by Quagmire below. Smiley
« Last Edit: Friday, August 11, 2023, 07:46:53 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 07:43:12 »

Liverpool, who baulked at the transfer fee for Jude Bellingham have now bid 111 million for Brighton's Caicedo. Baffling.

In their defence. That was before their whole midfield fucked off to Saudi.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 07:45:23 »

No, that is a fair point, well made.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 07:45:49 »

…which not only depleted their midfield but also would have bought in a fair few quid extra to spend as well…
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 07:54:07 »

Tottenham accept the offer, Kane wants to go, give him permission to go to Munich for medical.

Gets to airport, they revole premission and try to change the deal.

How cuntish is that

Spurs have now said that this was 'fake news'

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 08:00:24 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66276899
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 08:15:07 »

Liverpool, who baulked at the transfer fee for Jude Bellingham have now bid 111 million for Brighton's Caicedo. Baffling - until the point made by Quagmire below. Smiley

I suspect that now a fee level has been agreed it may smoke Chelsea out to make a matching bid.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: