Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandro gone  (Read 10021 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:05:49 »

short term consultancy to help out Russell if it's him? that could work

That's it. Get him until January on 3 days a week or something if he's up for it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:16:04 »

No, but I could probably name a few who will.

You can see some will see "academy" and equate to more kid punts next year. Its why, if that's not the case, someone needs to start talking to the fans (IMO).

** IF its Russell**

I was nightly impressed with Russell talking on the OSC thing about his time in youth football. Clearly knew his stuff and how they've learned on the way.

My big worry is though that he's not done this before, and we have a short time to turn it around and get it right*. I suspect the Sandro move hasn't come out of the blue, what with the rumours he'd gone a while ago.

Still think some consultancy from someone 'been there done that' would be highly beneficial.

* the philosophy/new model red army. There are no guarantees of success, just doing the right thing is more likely to yield.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:24:43 »

Think the fact that the players are liking the news of his departure on Instagram speaks volumes.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:25:34 »

Yeah the statement says it all really doesn't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:27:44 »

Would like to see an experienced DoF that can be involved with all aspects of the club and can come in with an outsiders point of view to make any changes he feels are needed, but this needs to go alongside the club filling the gaps behind the scenes as well, making a professional run club.

I'm hoping it wont be Russell as he seems to have experience at youth / academy level but no in a DoF type roll that we currently need with everything going on, not is not the time for appointing someone with a lack of experience to the roll they are being given.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:31:33 »

I can well imagine that, despite the fact I am fully aware I am nowhere near qualified enough to be selected for such a role, if Clem called me tomorrow and offered it to me I'd be booking my plane tickets right after the call ended.  Sandro won the lottery, no hard feelings for him giving it a go - his absolute lack of suitability and subsequent failure is on whoever employed him.  Lets hope whoever that was has learned to stay the fuck out of such decision making and finds someone else better qualified to run the process.  Fuck, hire some recruitment consultants from the football world, I presume they exist, or people with enough knowledge willing to earn a a few quid to do a search for us.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:32:13 »

I know it's basically a CV but Russell's Linkedin states;

"I am a highly ambitious UEFA A Licence qualified Coach and Academy Manager who has established a wealth of experience within this arena through roles with Salford City FC, Everton FC, West Bromwich Albion FC and Swindon Town FC.
I consider myself to be a Forward-thinking professional who possesses a proven track record in player development and talent identification and am proficient in devising coaching curriculums and programmes which can be utilised throughout a sporting organisation.
I have had tangible on-field success at Academy level and I am committed to Continuous Professional Development through the attainment of the highest industry and academic coaching qualifications."

It is all very Academy based which may not be transferrable into a First Team environment but he has football experience at least.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:34:49 »

If the club has it's head screwed on, of which there is no evidence to support, then Russell would be the next one, not the one right now.  If it's something he hankers to do, you work on his development into that role as the successor to whoever we bring in next.  Right now we need experience, somewhere.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:35:52 »

A David Byrne type would be the sort you are looking for to fill this type of role.  Russell may be that person for all I know - what I would hope, is we don't just replace two people and think we sorted it all - we are clearly under funded across the board behind the scenes.  Trim the squad, repurpose those funds.

Road to Nowhere?

DMC

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:57:13 »

I hope it is Jamie Russell more for the fact he is a really good bloke and i want him to do well. I think the role will be slightly different as well though as Sandro went absoutely fucking rogue in the end. From tactics to broadband bill that cunt wanted to be involved

Anyway, i hope we now get that experienced managed in who doesn't need a DOF as such but allows himto have that title and be that go between between the board and the manager.

My gut feeling is they have realised the fuck up and will now start to address it
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:04:27 »

In the words of Monty Python, those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
Won’t be shedding any tears over that !!,  Quite happy he’s gone, spreadsheets and all !!,  Rocky Robin next !!.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:08:41 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:08:39 »

I can well imagine that, despite the fact I am fully aware I am nowhere near qualified enough to be selected for such a role, if Clem called me tomorrow and offered it to me I'd be booking my plane tickets right after the call ended.  Sandro won the lottery, no hard feelings for him giving it a go - his absolute lack of suitability and subsequent failure is on whoever employed him.  Lets hope whoever that was has learned to stay the fuck out of such decision making and finds someone else better qualified to run the process.  Fuck, hire some recruitment consultants from the football world, I presume they exist, or people with enough knowledge willing to earn a a few quid to do a search for us.

…to add to that - I think some of our signings have been decent, however I don’t know enough about our recruitment process to say whose signing the likes of Wakeling & Clayton were.

Sandro and his spreadsheet probably have a role in the game at a football club. Just not the extended remit (we believe) he was given here.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:10:19 »

Who’s actually doing the sacking’s ??,  is Clem doing it by email ??.

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:13:24 »

Who’s actually doing the sacking’s ??,  is Clem doing it by email ??.
I assumed it was Town fans on Twitter.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:16:43 »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: