Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AFC Wimbledon v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 18139 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 08:51:39 »

What's funny about that chant on Saturday is we've won more games away than Stevenage who we play tomorrow😀

PS Tight at the top of the prediction league Bob adje breathing down your neck!

If it was PPG Adje would be miles ahead, he's predicted 5 less than me! I reckon I'll bottle it in the home straight! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 08:53:23 »

If it was PPG Adje would be miles ahead, he's predicted 5 less than me! I reckon I'll bottle it in the home straight! Smiley

He's certainly very good with his predictions!

So, give no fucks
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 09:02:28 »

Only my second away day of the season, 6th overall game I think. I've actually had quite a good run this season, including...

- a 5-0 win
- a 5-1 away win
- a 3-0 win
- a good point at the league leaders

If I had to judge the season on just the games I'd seen there's no way you could tell me we weren't top 7. Funny old game.

Brilliant away day though. Arrived just as we scored our second due to completely misjudging the tube times. I wasn't expecting much from the game at all so came away very happy and very drunk. Good times. Big pre-season ahead so we can have more games like this in what is looking like a very tough League Two next year.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 09:04:30 »

He's certainly very good with his predictions!
Thanks. I wouldn't say "good". Maybe less bad🙂
Though I did predict a Town win and Dons to score 1!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 09:06:08 »

I wouldn't say "good". Maybe less bad🙂

😀

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 09:08:41 »

Only my second away day of the season, 6th overall game I think. I've actually had quite a good run this season, including...

- a 5-0 win
- a 5-1 away win
- a 3-0 win
- a good point at the league leaders

If I had to judge the season on just the games I'd seen there's no way you could tell me we weren't top 7. Funny old game.

Brilliant away day though. Arrived just as we scored our second due to completely misjudging the tube times. I wasn't expecting much from the game at all so came away very happy and very drunk. Good times. Big pre-season ahead so we can have more games like this in what is looking like a very tough League Two next year.

There's been no talk of Crewe considering it's the last away game and traditionally we normally take good numbers.

So, give no fucks
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 09:54:42 »

Nice ground and good away day but has to be the worst catering ever, no food ready and no choice.

That pisses me off...... doesnt take a rocket scientist to ask how many thickets have been sold!

Same at the Muff a few years back.

Anyway.

Listened to first half in the garden.....watched the last half hour.

Wheres this team been? Although,poor old Dons were very bad indeed but it looks like Rochdale and the Monkey Hangers are going anyway.

felt for the Dons fans, we have been there.

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:09:26 »

That pisses me off...... doesnt take a rocket scientist to ask how many thickets have been sold!

Same at the Muff a few years back.

Anyway.

Listened to first half in the garden.....watched the last half hour.

Wheres this team been? Although,poor old Dons were very bad indeed but it looks like Rochdale and the Monkey Hangers are going anyway.

felt for the Dons fans, we have been there.

Grimsby (who also took 1k+) fans also mentioned they had issues with catering. Seems to be standard when numbers are high.

Difficult to say how good we were on Saturday as Wimbledon were absolutely abject. I did think we looked much more dangerous with the 2 at the back and some of the football we played at times was really very good.

I do think that given a proper summer recruitment job, building a balanced squad of players that fit what JM is looking to do, we can have a proper tilt at promotion next season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:29:42 »

I thought we played "OK" and still scored 5. A bit of luck helped.

Not a lot more the team could do TBH when you are so much in control of a game in a very busy football period and another game on Tuesday. Very satisfyting.

Hope we can poop Stevengaes party tomorrow - so it feels like we've achieved something Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:32:33 »

I want to see a red faced Evans  Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 12:38:18 »

Just gotta hope that wasn’t his last chance to score in front of the Town fans.
Massive assumption on my part but think if Austin knows he’s only got two games left in a Town shirt (if he gets picked) he selfishly (well not that selfish he is our penalty taker) takes it in front of the Town faithful.

Yeah I get your thinking. It's a funny one with Austin as his stock could be quite low in someways and if he wants to stay local, I'd say at best it's probably Rovers or Reading if he were to entertain elsewhere. He's still a player who can do it in a league above, possibly even in the Champ as a luxury player to bring on for twenty mins and with the right players around him as he will most certainly always score goals.

Part of me thinks though, because he'll be somewhat limited in choices - partly due to his own preferred circumstances that he may end up staying at Town for another season but integrating a coaching/mentor based role too. Only other option might be Portsmouth if they can afford to have a luxury squad player who scores goals and are now out of the race in League One to get promoted.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 12:54:27 »

Yeah I get your thinking. It's a funny one with Austin as his stock could be quite low in someways and if he wants to stay local, I'd say at best it's probably Rovers or Reading if he were to entertain elsewhere. He's still a player who can do it in a league above, possibly even in the Champ as a luxury player to bring on for twenty mins and with the right players around him as he will most certainly always score goals.

Part of me thinks though, because he'll be somewhat limited in choices - partly due to his own preferred circumstances that he may end up staying at Town for another season but integrating a coaching/mentor based role too. Only other option might be Portsmouth if they can afford to have a luxury squad player who scores goals and are now out of the race in League One to get promoted.

Give or take a few words that’s exactly the conversation I had with a friend yesterday. Even mentioned the same clubs.

Worth noting that the other week pregame on the radio they had an interview with the new Women’s team manager - asked him how the job came about and he said he was already at the club doing some consultancy type work (as in he wasn’t full time employed) and was helping Gunning & Austin with their coaching badges.

Now - how much of that is club funded vs Austin personally funding his own - and whether he needs the club to continue / pass his course or not is anyone’s guess.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 12:55:10 »

Probably in the minority but if it's a choice between Austin and signing Jephcott I'd go for the latter

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 12:56:41 »

Good times. Big pre-season ahead so we can have more games like this in what is looking like a very tough League Two next year.

Weird how we all see things slightly different as the main bulk of your post points out.

I think League Two will be a smidge and only a smidge weaker next season. Yep, Wrexham coming up will pose a challenge and maybe Notts County or Chesterfield I would also be wary of if they do but any others that could Town shouldn't fear. I'd say three of the four teams coming down [I'm assuming FGR, Accrington and Morecambe at present] are not as good as Leyton Orient or Northampton; other than Stevenage, imo any one of the remaining 6 teams that can go up are better than those coming down. It would only really be Oxford who you might say are stronger or Franchise if they somehow manage to fuck it up.

For me you have maybe one coming up stronger and three coming down weaker. Negate the stronger/weaker balance and that gives a lean towards there being two more weaker teams in net seasons League Two, maybe only one weaker at a stretch. As I said, only a smidge weaker  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
adje

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 13:06:58 »

Weird how we all see things slightly different as the main bulk of your post points out.

I think League Two will be a smidge and only a smidge weaker next season. Yep, Wrexham coming up will pose a challenge and maybe Notts County or Chesterfield I would also be wary of if they do but any others that could Town shouldn't fear. I'd say three of the four teams coming down [I'm assuming FGR, Accrington and Morecambe at present] are not as good as Leyton Orient or Northampton; other than Stevenage, imo any one of the remaining 6 teams that can go up are better than those coming down. It would only really be Oxford who you might say are stronger or Franchise if they somehow manage to fuck it up.

For me you have maybe one coming up stronger and three coming down weaker. Negate the stronger/weaker balance and that gives a lean towards there being two more weaker teams in net seasons League Two, maybe only one weaker at a stretch. As I said, only a smidge weaker  Smiley
Got a horrible,horrible feeling that Gillingham will be a major threat😡

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: