Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AFC Wimbledon v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 18210 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 11:05:11 »

Can anything top the Sir Robert Peel in Kingston?

Clems Army!
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 11:15:50 »

I remember when they played at the Kingsmeadow ground. Must have been as far from a pub as it is possible to be in London! There was a particularly wretched 0-0 there I think...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 11:37:00 »

I remember when they played at the Kingsmeadow ground. Must have been as far from a pub as it is possible to be in London! There was a particularly wretched 0-0 there I think...

That may have been the game I was at. I was sat behind the dugout and at the final whistle there were a handful of boos from our fans. Ross Embleton was far from impressed after hearing the displeasure!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 11:47:21 »

I borrowed a mate’s Wimbledon season ticket for that one. I stood still as a statue when they were awarded a pen while everyone around me cheered. We saved the pen too. That was a crap game.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 21:37:28 »

Some of you guys on here may remember Sutton Red who sadly lost his battle with Covid around a year ago. He's sadly missed and the London Reds will, on 59 minutes (as per the scoreboard clock) be chanting 'One Paul Arnold' in his honour. His wife and daughter will be there tomorrow and it would be great if as many as possible could join in.

Thank you.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 08:19:03 »

Pre much early morning pick me up in The Willow Walk.
Always best to be suitably fortified before heading saaf of the river.

A visit to a new ground is always of interest.
Pity that the 1200 or so travellers won't be there under happier circumstances on the 11th anniversary of a promotion out of this league.

Taking the original Wimbledon & the offshoot clubs into account this is the 5th ground that I will have seen the different flavours of Dons play at.

Good test today to see if the recent improvement can be maintained against another side with nothing to play for.
It would be an encouraging sign if it is.
Effort & commitment is not a tap that should be turned on and off as & when players feel like it.
Any that switch off today are probably best moved on to pastures new for next season.

Sadly no time today to visit the birthplace of Wimbedon's most famous son & once Britain's thirstiest thespian, the late great Oliver Reed.

Don't think that we'll lose today, but defeat would come as no surprise.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:04:20 »

Sadly no time today to visit the birthplace of Wimbedon's most famous son & once Britain's thirstiest thespian, the late great Oliver Reed.

Have you read 'Hellraisers'? It is a book about Reed, O'Toole, Burton and Richard Harris. Some heroic antics.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 09:19:16 »

Have you read 'Hellraisers'? It is a book about Reed, O'Toole, Burton and Richard Harris. Some heroic antics.

I have. Good read!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 10:16:57 »

Some of you guys on here may remember Sutton Red who sadly lost his battle with Covid around a year ago. He's sadly missed and the London Reds will, on 59 minutes (as per the scoreboard clock) be chanting 'One Paul Arnold' in his honour. His wife and daughter will be there tomorrow and it would be great if as many as possible could join in.

Thank you.
Will do. Good man was Paul

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 10:29:46 »

I'm sorry to miss the tribute chant. RIP KR

I've shared your post on Twitter Bob so that it makes sense to those that are it and are there
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 10:46:02 »

Thank you.
Just a thought, but, since some of you know the fella on the microphone, could you get him to mention it beforehand? Or could he announce Sutton's name on the 59th minute to cue the crowd? 

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 10:47:24 »

Will do. Good man was Paul

Thanks Adje

I'm sorry to miss the tribute chant. RIP KR

I've shared your post on Twitter Bob so that it makes sense to those that are it and are there

Thanks Batch, that's much appreciated. I personally won't be there but will be joining in at home. I only met him a few times at Swindon games but he was a brilliant guy with a cracking sense of humour. Raised a glass of red last night in his memory.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 11:51:41 »

Just one thing. I'll be disappointed if Jephcott doesn't start. And I hope we sign him on a permanent. There's a good player in there I reckon

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 11:54:49 »

... a cracking sense of humour.

That was readily apparent from his contributions on here.
Sadly missed.

Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 12:03:01 »

Just one thing. I'll be disappointed if Jephcott doesn't start. And I hope we sign him on a permanent. There's a good player in there I reckon
I think there is a player in there but hes just not been consistant enough for me to warrant him being offered a contract.

That said, he has 4 games to claim a contract with us, he contributed more on Tuesday than Austin does recently, but when put in the same goalscoring positions my money would always be on Austin to score, Jephcott had 3 great chances in Tuesday and fluffed them all, the best being the "only the keeper to beat" from 12 yards which the keeper made a good save on.  For me Austin would have buried that.

Also he has to chances early in the game which in the same position Austin would have probably hit the target with, but its debatable if Austin would actually have been quick enough to get into the same position.

if only Austin had Jephcotts legs and Jephcott had Austins finishing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: