Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The rumoured good news  (Read 6489 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 13:11:22 »

Austin is 100% the convicted money launderer, the BBC just got his age wrong.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 13:16:58 by theakston2k » Logged
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 13:15:34 »

I met him about 12 months ago, he is a blabber mouth. Thinking about it now I wouldn't be surprised if he is Ryan Whelan's source.
DMC

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 13:39:55 »

You may not choose a friend of the previous owner, one who you determine to have been a bit of a crook, especially when that person has a conviction for Drugs and Money Laundering.  Even if you did, once he got beaten-up as a result of his past dealings (recent past), you may think twice?
Devils advocate here, what if it was the only way You would get your money back that you have been owed. A large amount of money too we are not talking £50 are we. We seen in court exactly how much money Power tried to con Clem out of.
DMC

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 13:44:13 »

Didnt Clem even say on one of those supporters club things, Zav went to prison and has rebuilt his life etc
He did. At risk of sticking up for Austin and Hart which i am not doing, i think anyone with those pasts should not be allowed near football clubs i do think it isn't unbelievable to think that is how Clem was thinking. I think we need to be careful that we don't fall into the trap of accusing people because of their pasts because i don't know about anyone else but i have not seen any evidence of anything criminal from them apart from how they are running the club day to day.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 13:58:07 »

I am all for rehabilitation - I don't have anything to suggest either Zav or Hart (who I know much less about and care less about as he is working under a contract I assume) are doing anything criminal.  Even the Karachi thing looks like an entirely legal way of milking money from the Visa process - something I've had first hand exposure to (the money that can be made by people helping Visa applications - my own Visa's cost the company tens of thousands of $'s just in legal fees).

The issue with such characters now is that they don't seem to bring much to the table in terms of the footballing knowledge and business acumen we so clearly lack.  I was much softer on them 18 months ago - the evidence now supports them being next to no use to our club (don't really care about Clem being whole).

I do now think that the crime itself, although in the past, is probably a good enough reason to not have someone on board.  Especially if you want to try and bring a certain image to the club.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: