Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The rumoured good news  (Read 6497 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:44:23 »

They have split as a partnership. That won't happen. Joe Edwards is now FL's number 2 going forward.
Hence the word ‘maybe’.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:45:43 »

Sandro unfortunately is the ineptitude throughout the club day to day. He trys to run literally every area of the business. My understanding is Clem has a hold on things now and he knows how wrong they have got it this season
I know there are outside influencers but surely stopping him operating outside his remit would be something Clem and Angus should be able to do instantly and never have been allowed to happen.
DMC

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:47:41 »

I know there are outside influencers but surely stopping him operating outside his remit would be something Clem and Angus should be able to do instantly and never have been allowed to happen.
He did but just meant he was in the country for 4 months longer than he should have been. Hopefully that shouldn't be much more of an issue
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:47:23 »

What kind of things has he been doing that would be outside of his remit? His actual job is quite broad by definition isn’t it?

Don’t blame Clem for being abroad - he was up front pre takeover his preferred leadership style was hands off. Rob Angus should be his eyes/ears on the ground and keeping people in line really, shouldn’t he?

Things get better but they never get good
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:50:34 »

What kind of things has he been doing that would be outside of his remit? His actual job is quite broad by definition isn’t it?

Don’t blame Clem for being abroad - he was up front pre takeover his preferred leadership style was hands off. Rob Angus should be his eyes/ears on the ground and keeping people in line really, shouldn’t he?

This is where my heads at. Technical Director covers everything football related, unless he was trying to influence CEO related endeavours.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:13:29 by ThreeDrawsMentality » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:03:42 »

I assume that if Clem has been signing players and appointing managers without the agreement of the DoF the relationship must be pretty shitty anyway, add into the equation the suggestions that Sandro is Kiely's man and that Kiely has some cash tied up it all looks a sodding great big mess.

Whatever is happening it seems like Morris has lost a lot, someone within the club is briefing against him, relationship with Austin seems to be on shaky ground at best...
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:05:08 »

I assume that if Clem has been signing players and appointing managers without the agreement of the DoF the relationship must be pretty shitty anyway, add into the equation the suggestions that Sandro is Kiely's man and that Kiely has some cash tied up it all looks a sodding great big mess.

Whatever is happening it seems like Morris has lost a lot, someone within the club is briefing against him, relationship with Austin seems to be on shaky ground at best...

It's this surely - Kiely is either more heavily involved (cash tied up) than we want or he has managed to convince Clem. Nothing about the Sandro appointment has made sense or worked, the next few months to see if he goes will be a strong indicator of how much ownership Clem holds on the club.
DMC

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:12:14 »

Think you are right Joe. I personally think Clem has trusted a few and given them the benefit of the doubt and like you say, where he goes from here shows his intentions. For me personally i would like to see model tweeked and the management and recruitment level changed. I would like to see Charlie Austin stay on in a player coach role of some sort but also changes in the day to day running of the club. Better comms, a social media manager who doesn't refer to the club as them  instead of us and ignores people on twitter unless its to argue

I think ultimutely the fans want to hear that is going to happen from Clem and he acknowledges fans concerns
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:26:59 »

Was having a brief moment to reflect on this last night and just found it funny thinking back to under Power where we had a skeleton football side set up that we all agreed wasn’t fit for purpose but on reflection probably actually had more competent football people in football roles than we do now.
DMC

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:31:10 »

Yeah think you are right. Still think they were all linked to eachother though. Power Jewell Wellens Sheridan etc. A shitty horrible clique who knew what they were doing and what was going on
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:31:31 »

It's this surely - Kiely is either more heavily involved (cash tied up) than we want or he has managed to convince Clem. Nothing about the Sandro appointment has made sense or worked, the next few months to see if he goes will be a strong indicator of how much ownership Clem holds on the club.

I think it's Kiely's data system we use and I think Sandro is Kiely's 'man'. I've no clue of the Clem - Kiely - Sandro link but I assume we've got some kind of 'deal' for the data we are using.

Hope it's a try before you buy basis and we can get out of any 'contract' easily.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:39:21 »

Any warm & fuzzy remembrances of the Power era should be avoided at all costs.

The whole basis / logic behind that period of ownership was rotten to the core even with some scant success on the pitch.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:39:54 »

I don't buy in the idea that Clem Morfuni has allowed this situation to happen without external pressures.
From what I have heard CM is a hard working professional hands on businessman.
Therefore, I would be very surprised if he would allow an inexperienced non footballing person like the present DoF take over the basic running of STFC.  

Except if CM is being pushed into doing this due to third parties having considerable stake holding in the club.

Just hope I am very wrong.  

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 12:05:51 »

It’s not easy, though. If one of us won the lottery and foolishly decided to buy Clem out, would any of us have the faintest how to and who to appoint ‘football’ people in positions to run the club?

You’d have to rely on someone giving you advice - and hope you’re not being taken for a ride.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 12:06:57 »

It’s not easy, though. If one of us won the lottery and foolishly decided to buy Clem out, would any of us have the faintest how to and who to appoint ‘football’ people in positions to run the club?

You’d have to rely on someone giving you advice - and hope you’re not being taken for a ride.

Somebody with more than 6 months experience within football would be a good start
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: