Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 38971 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 18:08:10 »

I got told Morris was Sandro’s man, so he would look pretty silly if he was slating his choice already.

I was told exactly the opposite, Clem overruled Sandro on both Morris & Austin
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 18:09:18 »

Also heard similar. Finishes training early to go and play golf. Late to training all the time.

Oh come on. That’s a rehash of the Sheridan saga isn’t it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 18:11:06 »

It does all rather have the ring of a person who took a job and then immediately regretted it once they saw what they had been given.  Some of the post match analysis is interesting - he can see what is happening, but the on field set-up for the next game suggests no learning.  That could be because he simply can't be fucked with it I guess.  No idea.  It's not working, whatever the reason.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 18:23:14 »

Does make you wonder if Morris was interviewed or if he just became available and his profile got him the job.

Not saying he would have done any better, but I got told Artell was extremely impressive at interview.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 18:24:47 »

Wether you’re Jody Morris or Charlie Farnsbarns. If a new job beckons you’ve done due diligence before accepting the offer surely?

If we went after JM he’d have had deep and meaningful negotiations with us via his agent who would have done his homework on behalf of his client first. Even if he came to us after finding out there was a vacancy the same would have applied.

You would personally as matter of course engage in some ‘homework’ on your next employment target before an interview wouldn’t you? Course you would.

Therefore a lot of T’s were crossed and a lot of i’s dotted before pen was put to paper…on both sides.

Watch this space a lot of things going on behind the scenes.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 18:28:39 »

I so wish Lampard had taken Morris to Chelsea. I also wish Brand had only been given on loan.

That way we might have been able to have a clean start with a new manager and new squad. I thought that Artell would have been the safer bet, given he’d had success at this level. But, didn’t really know.

Think I just want a change, but doubt we can afford it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 18:32:29 »

There is clearly a fairly serious whispering campaign against Morris, and the results on the pitch are hardly helping.

I'm struggling to buy the 'he doesn't give a fuck and is sat on the golf course' story. The bloke has been in football his whole life and openly stated how desperate he was to succeed in management, and he's been trying to get a job for at least two years since he and Lampard got binned at Chelsea.

I simply don't believe he has gone full Sheridactyl in the space of 3 months.

By all accounts he was extremely highly thought of at Derby in their season there, and had as good a rep as a youth coach as it is possible to have. Better than Garner's for example. It isn't first team management, but you don't get a free pass to be a total cunt there either.

I'm sure coming from Chelsea's setup at Cobham to this has been something of a culture shock, but he's played at St Johnstone (again where many fans credit him with sparking and inculcating a culture of professionalism and success that set them up for a decade) so he must have known it isn't always like that!

No doubt he has some buyer's remorse and is fucked off with what has happened but it just doesn't make sense to me that he has gone full kamikaze, which could torpedo his career.

There has to be more at play here. He's made a lot of mistakes, not least of which he always says 'they' when we lose rather than 'we' which isn't great (so much so that I wondered if this was a mini dig at him by the media man... https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1645455123953459208), but none of this makes sense to me!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 19:01:28 »

Yeah, its a little on the nose for me. Its come out of nowhere all of a sudden from various sources when the early noise was impressive training sessions.

Who knows what to believe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 19:11:10 »

These rumours always surface when we go on a bad run.
That’s not to say they aren’t true but that’s also not to say they are true.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 21:09:55 »

On the subject of rumours, has anyone else heard Morris wants to bin off the fitness consultancy company which oversees things here but has been told no due to someone connected to them *allegedly* being a fairly significant investor in the club.

I’ll leave it there, but it won’t take much guessing who that person is.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 21:51:44 »

Adam Hart. No relation to Bret but probably knows a few hitmen.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 02:09:50 »

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod
Adam Hart. No relation to Bret but probably knows a few hitmen.

also not a director because that was a misprint, obviously
Outsider83

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:09:38 »

This appointment will not work out well IMO for the following reasons.

1) Morris is working with players that cannot do what he wants them to do. He has come from an environment where he is working with world class players that can carry out the instructions that you want them to undertake. League 2 players are in this division for a reason, because they're not very good, respectfully.

2) The funds are not there to put in place what Morris wants / needs.

3) He is not a natural manager. He is a coach. Big big difference.

4) The club cannot afford to sack him and Ed Brand & then employ others.

5) The rot has set in and rumours of discontent. That is very hard to turn around especially when you're losing every week. The message being given becomes hollow words.

6) Already seeing a very despondent, negative demeanour in interviews. This filters through to fans, players and the board
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:12:02 by Outsider83 » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:13:53 »

But there are examples of similar managers/coaches from the same background who are successful.
Outsider83

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:19:31 »

But there are examples of similar managers/coaches from the same background who are successful.

Like who mate out of interest who have come from the PL to league 2 and been successful?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: