Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers Match Day Thread  (Read 23220 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 20:01:33 »

In case you missed something when you fell asleep the first time🤣
Hmmmm! Wish I'd slept through the whole 90 mins!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 20:13:17 »

Have had a message from someone who went up on the coaches to today’s game, apparently they pulled into the services on the way home and the team coach was there, the team saw them arrive so left.

I know someone said this happened last week as well.

I can understand that they want to avoid the chance of some conflict, but it’s not a very good look.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 20:35:41 »

Have had a message from someone who went up on the coaches to today’s game, apparently they pulled into the services on the way home and the team coach was there, the team saw them arrive so left.

I know someone said this happened last week as well.

I can understand that they want to avoid the chance of some conflict, but it’s not a very good look.
Honestly at this point if I saw the team coach arrive I'd get straight in my car.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 20:56:12 »

The worst since the fourth division was created is on the cards, as you say we finished bottom of Div 3 South & had to apply for re-election a few times.

I was there from ‘56 onwards and in all honesty cannot really say now how bad we really were but it was definitely the old pals act regarding re-election until the Divvy 3/4 split. Gateshead were the first to be demoted in 59/60 under the new setup which brought Peterborough into the mix.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 21:01:32 »

‘Like I said’

‘To be fair’

Shut the fuck up
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 21:47:27 »

Please please please accept that Morris, and Sandro are huge mistakes.  Take the medicine and accept the loss and heal the wounds.  I expect no more than 6500 Saturday and I for one won’t be one of them as Jody has totally lost the dressing room and it’s clear to see none of them give a flying f@@&.  Whatever the reasons I do not see how any coach at any level of English football can be allowed to carry on.  The guy may come across well in a job interview but he is a million miles out of his depth.  Clem wake up and smell the coffee as the first season miracle is d3ad and buried and now you’re stuck with a dead loss.  You can be stubborn and try and tough this out with Morris and potentially lose half the fan base in the process and risk relegation next year or get rid now and rebuild with a leader who has half a clue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 01:52:50 »

can we even afford to sack Morris. I can't see it

it's a difficult one. getting wins out of the squad might be tricky for anybody.

not impressed with the way Austin, Williams and Clayton have been treated from the outside. might be reading far too much into it though.

he deserves the chance to assemble his own squad.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 07:27:58 »

This for me, let him get his own players in before we decide he’s a bust.

Obviously it’s a bit of a gamble, as he may still not be very good but surely he deserves a chance
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 07:31:25 »

This for me, let him get his own players in before we decide he’s a bust.

Obviously it’s a bit of a gamble, as he may still not be very good but surely he deserves a chance

I thought I read somewhere he was the brains behind Lampard at Derby. Unsure how true it is because surely if that was the case he would have him now again
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:06:18 »

author=Batch link=topic=59570.msg1731630#msg1731630 date=1681177970

If we'd shown any signs of improvement in any way shape or form since he took over then that may be true. But as it is, we have only regressed in every way imaginable so he absolutely does not deserve that chance in my opinion...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:09:37 »

I reluctantly agree. More than a few players have gone backwards, the defence looks even ropier if that’s possible and we’re not creating fuck all up top.

The midfield mismatch is down 100% to Lindsey, though, with his penchant for small, technical players.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:26:05 »

If we'd shown any signs of improvement in any way shape or form since he took over then that may be true. But as it is, we have only regressed in every way imaginable so he absolutely does not deserve that chance in my opinion...

Agree with this. Had plenty of games but we have gone backwards.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:32:33 »

I also agree, he's now had over a quarter of the season and hasn't shown any sign of improvement.

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:49:46 »

it's a difficult one. getting wins out of the squad might be tricky for anybody.

Didn't seem to be for Mad Gav Gunning?

I would normally agree, but its been such a shit show do we risk another summer of chaos and then also writing off next season, like so much its a bloody difficult choice for someone to make.

I know win %'s only show so much, but....

Morris 15.38%
Lindsey 33.3%
Onuora 22.5%
Quinn 23.7% (not 100% sure of this one)
Brown 31.3%

« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:55:28 by horlock07 » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:02:18 »

Some players in that 1983/4 team who are very fondly remembered by those who watched them play... why were we so bad then?
Two reasons mate.

Ken Beamish and his style of football. For me he is still the worst manager I have seen at Swindon, other than possibly Sheridan.

Beamish was a Div 4 clogger of a player, never really played higher than Div 3 and only knew the hoofball style of football, he bagged a goal every 3 games in a 650 game career though.

He arrived the previous season, took his coaching badges when appointed and was assistant to Trollope, when Trollope was sacked Beamish stepped up to the manager position.

To say Beamish was a limited player and coach was an understatement, he carried over his playing style to being a manager and we played awful long ball football, pretty much for the first time in Swindons long history we had a manager who prefered kick and run rather than footballing quality, hence the huge drop in attendances that season to their lowest ever.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: