Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Mansfield Town Match Day Thread  (Read 24642 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 18:02:06 »

Honestly baffled by the sudden scapegoating of Brynn. Without his performances earlier in the season, we'd be in a relegation battle right now. To add to that, I can't think of any examples where a mistake by Brynn has cost us points this season.

Is he the perfect goalkeeper, of course not but we're playing in league two, as with any player at this level, they're going to have flaws or they wouldn't be in league 2.

100%
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 18:04:45 »

100%

At times I think some forget how young the age of 22 is in relation to maturity and dealing with pressure!

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 18:06:13 »

I think RHM is probably the only player whose looked better under Morris.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 18:19:58 »

Brynn is a decent shot stopper no doubt, but in terms of what he brings to the defensive unit I'm really struggling. Says absolutely nothing. Totally mute all game. Weak body language. Doesn't listen to instructions from the bench. Looks like FBT is coaching him through every decision at times. Never comes through bodies for a ball. Rooted to his line. In the round he's a much worse keeper than Ward for me. He makes Wes, Vigouroux and the BFG look like Buffon, Neuer and Schmeichel.

Those three have shown experience isn't a must for a GK, but they all looked the real deal in most departments. Brynn looks good (at times) in one.

That said, probably one of our best players this year, which says more about what a catastrophe it has been than it does about him as a goalkeeper.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #379 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 09:00:50 »

Honestly baffled by the sudden scapegoating of Brynn. Without his performances earlier in the season, we'd be in a relegation battle right now. To add to that, I can't think of any examples where a mistake by Brynn has cost us points this season.

Is he the perfect goalkeeper, of course not but we're playing in league two, as with any player at this level, they're going to have flaws or they wouldn't be in league 2.
Agree 100%

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 10:21:16 »

When was the last home game when we had zero corners?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 10:47:39 »

Dead on.

I don't think he is as good as some of the other goalkeepers we have had in the past, but he is by no means the worst. He's far in excess of anything else we have available this season too. Putting one of the kids in would be suicide I think.

Let him carry on and bid farewell at the end of the year and watch from afar how his career progresses. I'd be more than happy to see him come back, but I think its unlikely.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 11:21:02 »

Dead on.

I don't think he is as good as some of the other goalkeepers we have had in the past, but he is by no means the worst. He's far in excess of anything else we have available this season too. Putting one of the kids in would be suicide I think.

Let him carry on and bid farewell at the end of the year and watch from afar how his career progresses. I'd be more than happy to see him come back, but I think its unlikely.

We should drop him and play the bloke who wasn’t good enough for Sutton
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 11:56:33 »

A couple of away comms have called out Brynn as being a bit wobbly in his box - I can sort of see it.  However, we have had a lot worse than him in recent times.  The problems with our squads are much bigger in other positions.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 11:58:17 »

He's probably wobbly because of the shit defenders in front of him.

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:11:32 »

We should drop him and play the bloke who wasn’t good enough for Sutton
We can't as we can't sign him.

But, I would be happy enough to have Ward here next season. He's not a bad L2 keeper.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:21:30 »

We can't as we can't sign him.

But, I would be happy enough to have Ward here next season. He's not a bad L2 keeper.

He reminds me of Phil Smith, a good backup who can play well for a few games, but if he’s our first choice you can forget promotion now.

There’s a reason he wasn’t wanted by Sutton
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:26:32 »

He reminds me of Phil Smith, a good backup who can play well for a few games, but if he’s our first choice you can forget promotion now.

Maybe he's one of those players that needs someone good to battle against and bring the best out of him?

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #388 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 12:40:48 »

Agree 100%

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 11:47:19 »

No link to the interviews after the games anymore from BBC wilts, you either keep radio on after game or download BBC sounds app and you can playback interviews - no delay, can listen back to the postgame ones instantly.

You can ''listen again'' to the post match via the BBC Wilts Radio website for pretty much every game. No need for the app. Usually archived for about thirty days in order to catch up as well.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: