Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Mansfield Town Match Day Thread  (Read 24656 times)
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:03:31 »

Maybe wrong but all seems to be sanitised to me
Spot on, it's borderline North Korea propaganda with any comms at the moment.

Some crackers on the clubs twitter feed on Friday,

Down but not out at HT

Growing back into the game moments before conceding the 4th.

Every defeat is a narrow one and plenty of positives to take.

Very frustrating, insulting fans intelligence at times.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:21:06 »

Just saw the highlights. What on earth was Brynn doing for their 3rd goal?! I would have saved that.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:24:09 »

Just saw the highlights. What on earth was Brynn doing for their 3rd goal?! I would have saved that.
Yes,seems to have been overlooked

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:51:41 »

It deflects off Tomlinson. I think Brynn is crap but I was sat with a good view of it and the TV angle is unfair.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 10:37:07 »

It deflects off Tomlinson. I think Brynn is crap but I was sat with a good view of it and the TV angle is unfair.
Okay that is interesting, didn’t see that at all on the tv camera view. I think we could do a lot worse than Brynn but his form seems to have dropped. Someone at Hartlepool away seemed to think that Chelsea are after him and will offer 15k per week. He may be sabotaging that deal with his recent showings. 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 10:43:46 »

Reading have a keeper, Luke Southwood, OOC in the summer who has been on loan at Cheltenham. Sort of perm keeper we should be looking at.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 12:18:24 »

Reading have a keeper, Luke Southwood, OOC in the summer who has been on loan at Cheltenham. Sort of perm keeper we should be looking at.

Actually spoke to him recently by chance. Think he’ll have a lot better suitors than League Two.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 13:45:05 »

On the gk front, the current custodian is little use to us in this division. He saves the odd shot now and again but has no presence. Not an adequate start of the ‘central spine’ required to challenge the stronger teams.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 14:37:30 »

Brynn is far far from our biggest problem with this squad.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 15:02:38 »

People are probably forgetting how bad it could be…A certain Czech keeper springs to mind.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 15:04:21 »

I think any young goalkeeper will lose confidence playing in a shite team.

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 16:30:07 »

Brynn is far far from our biggest problem with this squad.

He's right up there for me. Been dreadful for months.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 16:52:19 »

He's definitely dropped off in form, but you could have Jan Oblak behind this defence and we'd lose every week.

Seen people saying an experienced keeper is a "must" - when did we last have an experienced keeper? Best Town stoppers in recent years have been Foderingham (0 professional games when we signed him), Vigouroux (0), Wollacott (10! Football League Games) and Benda (0). By that standard, Brynn is the experienced one with 16 games for Queen of the South! Honestly can't remember us having a "solid pro" keeper since maybe David Lucas?
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 16:55:50 by Nemo » Logged
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 17:45:22 »

Honestly baffled by the sudden scapegoating of Brynn. Without his performances earlier in the season, we'd be in a relegation battle right now. To add to that, I can't think of any examples where a mistake by Brynn has cost us points this season.

Is he the perfect goalkeeper, of course not but we're playing in league two, as with any player at this level, they're going to have flaws or they wouldn't be in league 2.

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 18:01:56 »

Honestly baffled by the sudden scapegoating of Brynn. Without his performances earlier in the season, we'd be in a relegation battle right now. To add to that, I can't think of any examples where a mistake by Brynn has cost us points this season.

Is he the perfect goalkeeper, of course not but we're playing in league two, as with any player at this level, they're going to have flaws or they wouldn't be in league 2.
I would agree, I think he has exceeded JJW’s performance levels (in latter phase of last season) and pulled off some worldies to earn us crucial points, Grimsby away being an example that springs to mind. Last few games he hasn’t been quite as good and looks down on confidence a bit but almost everyone in the team does at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: