Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Mansfield Town Match Day Thread  (Read 24646 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 10:47:42 »

Yup. I currently have zero goodwill towards the club. I'm only going for non-footballing reasons, the routine with family and friends, and frankly dread it. The football has been garbage at home for years bar the brief Wellens blip. And yet still I go... Maybe I'm part of the problem?!

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 10:50:43 »

This is where I feel the club are going to get a bit of a wake-up call. I’ve had the same seat in the DRS since it opened in 94. I’ve always renewed out of ‘duty’ but now unless something changes I just don’t feel that ‘duty’ for next season and won’t bother and I get the feeling many are in the same boat.

This season we’ve completely lost the feeling of being a football club who’s aim is to try and be successful on the pitch.

This is where Clem&Co are going to get a rude awakening. Doubled up with the cost of living, I've seen more and more people on social media who have either already decided against renewing, or seriously considering. And some of these are people who have been going for years and years. It would be interesting to see the comparison of Season ticket renewals now vs last season to just see how much of a malaise there is. When is the next AB, perhaps the question could be asked?

I'm also not convinced the club is doing enough to market itself, especially to the very loyal fan who can't be arsed anymore. If the club can't be seen to be bothered, why should the supporters? I know this season is mathematically not done and dusted yet, and perhaps they are waiting until that time, but I'd like to see the club going above and beyond to try and inject the belief back, I did suggest getting Charlie Austin tied down on another year's deal and use him as a rallying call. Sadly, the way the season has ended, i'm not convinced his heart will be in it either.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 10:56:16 »

This is where Clem&Co are going to get a rude awakening.

I suspect its going to be a rude awakening for everyone, if ST revenue crashes which looks like it invariably will, unless Clem puts in more cash (does he have more to put in) then unless we get savvy/lucky in squad assembly, with a lower playing budget, its just going to potentially spiral down.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 11:04:09 »

yay. I can bitch to you about it while being dragged to cirque de soliel.

oh, it'll be 3am.. you're ok with that, right .
Natch Batch Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 11:19:08 »

I suspect its going to be a rude awakening for everyone, if ST revenue crashes which looks like it invariably will, unless Clem puts in more cash (does he have more to put in) then unless we get savvy/lucky in squad assembly, with a lower playing budget, its just going to potentially spiral down.
It feels like the club needs a rude awakening currently as they seem to be taking the loyalty of supporters for granted.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 11:39:59 »

it does.

but not at the expense of going non league, which we may never return from.

that said, I don't blame anyone for not renewing
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 11:48:14 »

it does.

but not at the expense of going non league, which we may never return from.

that said, I don't blame anyone for not renewing
Of course not but ultimately you take people for granted at your peril. The club needs reminding that first and foremost we are a football club and results on the pitch should be the primary focus of the club.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 12:03:10 »

What about this Transfer Loan that was mooted a couple weeks ago?

Also, what’s happened to that Ryan fella and his stuff coming out from the club that’d keep him busy for weeks?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 12:41:51 »

What about this Transfer Loan that was mooted a couple weeks ago?

Assume that's ongoing.

Someone on here said its like a cheap way to get cash you already have coming guaranteed, cheaper way than credit (as if)/overdraft.

Which is fine. And we will always be on the bubble financially - but I can't see needing to do this as a positive in any way.

Also, what’s happened to that Ryan fella and his stuff coming out from the club that’d keep him busy for weeks?

Indeed.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 15:50:13 »

Swindon 1 Mansfield 3 Att: 9,106 (750 stags)

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 16:52:44 »

Thought about it. Then watched saturday and its a definite fuck that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 17:09:31 »

Quote from: tans
Thought about it. Then watched saturday and its a definite fuck that.

have you got something better to do.

like stabbing your eyes with knitting needles?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 17:14:48 »

Swindon 1 Mansfield 3 Att: 9,106 (750 stags)

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 17:21:07 »

Swindon 0 - 4 Mansfield. 7,978 attendance including 558 from Mansfield and 12 triallists from Karachi.

"Sandro Out" chants to reach 120dB.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 17:41:47 »

I’ve never missed a home game in seasons that I’ve been a ST holder. I’m seriously considering doing anything else but attend the CG on Friday. I just don’t enjoy it.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: