Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 23637 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:22:38 »

He was coaching a combination of talents at Derby. He hasn't always been just a Chelsea Cone Carrier *looks up and thinks of Reg*

Chelsea cone carrier was more recent plus the Derby squad was a different level to Swindon's🙄

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:25:35 »

Travelled up for the week end and even though we lost, enjoyed the game and thought the Hartlepool fans were excellent, staying with their team throughout and they got their reward. Really hope they stay up at Crawleys expense.

We played some decent football first half and RHM scored a cracking goal. We had chances at 1-0 on the break to get a  2nd and put the game to bed but poor finishing,  particular by Shade and Hutton, let us down.

Once they equalised there was an inevitability about their winner and that was that. Expect a big clear out in the summer, with a focus on experience and physicality. Many of the current squad are lacking in both. Then we can properly judge Morris, who is so far getting an easier ride than most managers would with the  results he  has so far achieved.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:27:48 »

There is a recurring theme here.
It's quite pathetic.

Morris will get the time & rightly so.
Needs to pull his finger out though.

A long day & 4hrs plus to go yet.

There is always another game to come.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:30:57 »

Travelled up for the week end and even though we lost, enjoyed the game and thought the Hartlepool fans were excellent, staying with their team throughout and they got their reward. Really hope they stay up at Crawleys expense.

We played some decent football first half and RHM scored a cracking goal. We had chances at 1-0 on the break to get a  2nd and put the game to bed but poor finishing,  particular by Shade and Hutton, let us down.

Once they equalised there was an inevitability about their winner and that was that. Expect a big clear out in the summer, with a focus on experience and physicality. Many of the current squad are lacking in both. Then we can properly judge Morris, who is so far getting an easier ride than most managers would with the  results he  has so far achieved.
Thanks to Lindsey (who left on a defeat but with us in 6th place, 5 points off autos) and Gav.

Problems stem back to January when upstairs was asleep at the wheel.

I think we need to get behind Morris but I'm feeling a little queazy about Mansfield.  Should have been relishing that challenge. Angry
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:31:21 »

We need 8 points from the final 8 games to ensure we beat our lowest points total in this division. And I’m not sure we’re going too

Things get better but they never get good
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:35:29 »

Sandro needs to take the blame for a shite January window but he would probably argue he's only working to Clems instructions. Let's see what squad Morris is allowed to assemble in the summer and judge him after 10 games next season to see what direction the club is goin in.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:42:00 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:57:44 »

Quote from: adje
Wonder what made JM think it would be any different when he took the job. He saw what we had,new the "recruitment policy" if he's moaning about the quality of players why take the job? I Personally think the quality of our team for League 2 is good enough to reach the play offs. OK people don't agree,that's fair enough.

I had hoped this was sold as a mend and make do scenario until the end of the season, then an approach overhaul next.

But from a few noises coming from Morris it may be more of the same. Something about not always being able to get what you need .. may have misheard the context though
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 18:02:54 »

Anyone who cannot see what the issues are really shouldn’t be running the football side of things

Looks like fans patience has snapped. Many long term ST holders I know not renewing next season.

Continuing the current model is suicide in my view- both in terms of league position and gates as fans just won’t put up with it next year

Clem says in the ST advert the clubs  aim is promotion next season- his actions need to back this up
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 18:18:55 »

We played some decent football first half and RHM scored a cracking goal. We had chances at 1-0 on the break to get a  2nd and put the game to bed but poor finishing,  particular by Shade and Hutton, let us down.

Once they equalised there was an inevitability about their winner and that was that. Expect a big clear out in the summer, with a focus on experience and physicality. Many of the current squad are lacking in both. Then we can properly judge Morris, who is so far getting an easier ride than most managers would with the  results he  has so far achieved.

There fans superb before and after the game.
Was with a few Sunderland fans. Different breed to most down South up here.
Cracking in the pubs and bars before the game.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 18:19:53 »

Anyone who cannot see what the issues are really shouldn’t be running the football side of things

Looks like fans patience has snapped. Many long term ST holders I know not renewing next season.

Continuing the current model is suicide in my view- both in terms of league position and gates as fans just won’t put up with it next year

Clem says in the ST advert the clubs  aim is promotion next season- his actions need to back this up

Power said the same sort of thing, championship within 5 years

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 18:27:31 »

No one expects that. We all know Morris dealt a shit hand...mediocre players, not appointed until the very end of the Window etc etc etc and I'm not writing him off...but with any new manager it would be reasonable to expect to see one or two 'green shoots' of hope for next season. We've seen nothing whatsoever in any way, shape or form to hang our hats on...

Some people did expect that, which is why i mentioned it.

But this basic stuff that we cannot get right. A 'top manager' should be able to fix things quickly

20 mins into the game and everyone was saying RHM was a keeper for next year, Austin scores 4 2 weeks ago, George Mc has been head and shoulders above everyone else, Brewitt has been fairly solid since he came in, we have a manager that at least makes changes now when we all see that things are not working - considering what Morris had to work with when he came in there are some green shoots.

If you read my posts I am agreeing with you that it has not gone well for Morris, but the problem is I don't think there are many managers at this level that would have been able to turn this around with what is available to them now, let alone when we had 8 injured/suspended at the same time.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 18:37:10 »

Morris has turned it around though - in the wrong direction. I don't think the vast majority would expect him to turn this side into promotion winners, but he has an 18% win ratio, almost half of Lindsey's. There are plenty of mitigating factors, and you've identified most of those, but the last 11 games have been firmly shite.

Anyway, I think we all broadly agree with eachother even if we're managing to argue about it anyway. Something - probably a fair few somethings - need to change at the club pretty rapidly.

Morris' postmatch analysis of the games gives me hope, he clearly identifies the issues. The next step is being able to do something about them.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 18:37:22 »

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 18:50:07 »

Morris has turned it around though - in the wrong direction. I don't think the vast majority would expect him to turn this side into promotion winners, but he has an 18% win ratio, almost half of Lindsey's. There are plenty of mitigating factors, and you've identified most of those, but the last 11 games have been firmly shite.

Morris' postmatch analysis of the games gives me hope, he clearly identifies the issues. The next step is being able to do something about them.
What if you take Lindsey’s win ratio from October as that’s when the wheels fell off well and truly as our results have fallen off a cliff since then. We may have been 6th when he left but with the games in hand other teams had we’d have been in about the same position as we are now. This squad is just a bit shit.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 18:50:16 »

About 15 or 16 "Like/As I said"

Lovely cameo from Hawes at 8mins30secs as well Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: