Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 24318 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:04:15 »

He won't, he has to shoulder some of the blame, he is the custodian of the team and the tactics, but you can't just dismiss the first 6 months of the season and the level of recruitment before he came in and pile all of that blame on Morris.

What Berni said. Guardiola wouldnt even be able to get a tune out of this lot
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:04:21 »

But this basic stuff that we cannot get right. A 'top manager' should be able to fix things quickly

Fixing fitness is difficult when you're appointed the last day of January though.

There might be a reason why while we're pretty shit defensively, we're absolutely hapless from 80 minutes onwards and why we've had so many injuries.

Or it might just be a total coincidence and I'm talking total bollocks as some on here think.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:04:27 »

Save your money for Tranmere on Monday!

I'll be saving my money until this shite on the pitch is sorted. Fucking worst town team for a long time.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:05:46 »

Was going for a diatribe on the situation but like the whole setup with the playing aspect cannot be assed.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:05:56 »

I'll be saving my money until this shite on the pitch is sorted. Fucking worst town team for a long time.

Going on other comments, I think I will see you there
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:06:01 »

But this basic stuff that we cannot get right. A 'top manager' should be able to fix things quickly

A top manager won't ship up and take a job in League 2.  There is a reason that Morris is taking his first job in management with us - he's had 11 games, and we don't know if he is a good manager - that's part of the problem.  Making that assessment with the quality of squad that we have handed him is impossible.

But yes, let's sack him and bring Artell or big Dunc in...  based on your logic we should be able to win our remaining games of the season and still push for play offs..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:06:24 »

As things to on , I fear that they will just get worse . We are being run like a non league club

That well?
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:06:34 »

No we haven't, we were just as bad if not worse before

No we have got worse.....

Since Morris took over we always concede in the last couple of minutes

We cannot hold onto a lead...

We were awful before we are abysmal now!

All of the blame cannot be placed on Sandro and Lindsay....

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #323 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:07:24 »

Exactly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:07:32 »

A top manager won't ship up and take a job in League 2.  There is a reason that Morris is taking his first job in management with us - he's had 11 games, and we don't know if he is a good manager - that's part of the problem.  Making that assessment with the quality of squad that we have handed him is impossible.

But yes, let's sack him and bring Artell or big Dunc in...  based on your logic we should be able to win our remaining games of the season and still push for play offs..

Don't know about dunk but I expected more from Morris - maybe unfairly
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:07:40 »

Plenty of asterisks, but Morris has two wins in 11.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:07:51 »

We’ve shipped 6 goals against the bottom 2 teams in 2 weeks. I don’t care what anyone says, the majority of this squad are utter dross, only a couple of players at most would get in a team with any aspirations of promotion.

The majority of players have put in a couple of good performances at most all season and those rare performances have clouded our judgement and masked just how bad they really are.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:08:15 »

Lindsey did - every now and then!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:08:26 »

He won't, he has to shoulder some of the blame, he is the custodian of the team and the tactics, but you can't just dismiss the first 6 months of the season and the level of recruitment before he came in and pile all of that blame on Morris.

Indeed, there is more than enough blame to go around for everyone to take a share, aside maybe from Austin.  He, as far as I can tell, is the only person who seems to have actually performed in the job he is employed to do, and guess what? he's the only fucking one experienced at doing it!

I'm not ready to write off Morris, but his recruitment is another example of bringing in someone with no experience to talk of in doing what they have been asked to do.  He may have a bright future ahead of him, he may have that here, and in a season where you have great foundations, maybe he works out for us.  This season was not that.

Everything, from top to bottom, is being infected by inexperience.  None of  them have the immediate talent to overcome that - yes youth can be better than experienced shit, but we haven't employed that, anywhere.  We have employed 23+ players amongst whom you can barely put a couple of hundred Div 4 or above games together from.

Our Management teams have never done the job before.

Our Head of Recruitment knew how to hob nob with people at Cheltenham races but the square root of fuck all when it comes to running a Football Operations Dept.

Even our well meaning CEO has never even worked in the football industry and is flanked by a convicted Money Launderer (drug related) who seems to think his time is well spent in Pakistan earning a few quid and an ex-pro's Son who barely had a pro career and seems to have some business in horses but isn't really here, or maybe is.

Our owner knows how to fit out pipes and AC.

None of that should make our current situation surprising.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:08:34 »

I still maintain that was a more than decent starting line up. I'm finally beginning to think it's 95% down to Morris and sidekicks. Clueless as to how to kill off a game tactically

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: