Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem'll Fix It  (Read 27129 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 10:22:00 »

Pork vile?
Reck ham?
Fuck off?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 11:49:14 »

Pork vile?
Reck ham?
Fuck off?

Vegans
Piss Stains
Nam

Girl Giggle
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 17:09:33 »

Do any of our "Directors" actually invest anything in the Club? Or is that idea a bit quaint?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 17:18:49 »

Given none of them seemingly have a pot to piss in, I think not.

Interesting to see Nicky Hammond is on the OSC Monday Night. Looks like he's just taken a gig in Tel Aviv but we need someone in like that. Not sure many people go Celtic to Newcastle to Swindon these days sadly.

Has Chorley surfaced anywhere? Wonder if he'd ever come back...?

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 17:53:51 »

Just googled Chorley. Nowhere since leaving.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 20:22:14 »

Must have been a personal thing. If he gets it sorted we'd take him back with open arms.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 03:31:12 »

Must have been a personal thing. If he gets it sorted we'd take him back with open arms.

Aye we would, but I doubt Town could afford him or would probably offend him by trying to get him in cheaper than when he was previously here.

==================================

I understand trying to save money but one of the ''attractions'' used for talent acquisition usually involves putting together some form of competitive remuneration package and additional benefits. It seems like the Town board don't seem to like doing this very much and even more so when it comes to the ''smaller and small fry''. Unfortunately if they want good, decent, motivated workers - or at least for league two level, then they have to be prepared to offer attractive deals; and I mean this across all operations, not just playing and managerial personnel but right down to the nuts and bolts. For P/T club roles they should be affording above min wage. Yes by law they don't have to but paying someone like a turnstile op/box office/club shop worker etc, c100 notes for 5hrs work per one or two days a week is hardly breaking the bank and might even set a trend as a club for looking after and valuing it's employees. If you look at things like events/promo/temporary activations and suchlike, most low level workers earn around 15-20 notes ph and even get a contribution to travel and/or subs as well. The work isn't necessarily high responsibility or overly pressured but is paid at a ''premium'' purely because it's not full time or only seasonal. There's no reason why low level roles at football clubs, like those that only work on a matchday, can't be paid/valued in a similar way.

At current all I see most of the time is a form of guilt tripping PR that pulls on the heartstrings of the fan/employee-that-might-also-be-a-fan. It's simple but clever as they know these people will ALWAYS hold allegiance to the club but last time I checked, STFC isn't the Royal British Legion or any other honourable charity. That's all it is though, one way poking from the club of you showing your ''goodwill'' this and ''goodwill'' that but never actually rewarding people properly for offering up said ''goodwill''. A football club doesn't run on thin air, no matter how good our wind tunnel might be and whilst the fans, employees and seemingly 5,605 partnered sponsors have all done their bit help the club along, it seems it won't be long before STFC has to go goodwill hunting.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #52 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 09:44:31 »

I heard hes been working part time for Spurs scouting team.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 10:50:46 »

He's at Southampton.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 10:52:20 »

Not doubting that for a second but is that info publicly available anywhere? What gig is he doing there?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 11:01:29 »

Not doubting that for a second but is that info publicly available anywhere? What gig is he doing there?

Way its going he will probably be manager in a week or so.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 11:25:14 »

He's at Southampton.

Not that I don't believe you but if you google Ben Chorley Southampton nothing comes up. You would have thought it might have been reported by their local rag at least?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 13:15:59 »

I'm not sure exactly what he does there. I think it's something to do with recruitment / analysis / recruitment analysis (who knows with football related job titles these days) but don't hold me to that.
DMC

« Reply #58 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 15:35:45 »

He is definetly working for Southampton
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 16:11:29 »

I think the big question is whether nor not Clem thinks there is anything to fix, or does he just think it's an execution thing?

I believe we are systematically fucked.

The all the eggs in one basket approach to player recruitment and sales is fucking stupid.  Our recruitment has left us with a large squad of nothingness (in terms of immediate results delivery on the pitch) and we've sold anything that moves.

The recruitment of a Betting Company Hospitality Suite Host into the lead role for Football Operations, is a master stroke if you wish to fuck a club over.  We've gone towards a Rough Diamond Polishing business model and put fuck all infrastructure in place to support it.  We train on a field (OK, it's a bit better than that, but nothing about our facilities screams to decent talent that we take this seriously).

The recruitment of a CEO who used to have a finance role in a Building Society is fair enough, so long as someone with experience in Football Ops comes in as COO or something.

The utter reliance on volunteers in positions all over the club provides a level of amateurism that is hard to understand.  It's like layering naivety on naivety.

The appointment of a nothing Coach and then an Academy Coach means we have had zero pragmatism running the team all season.  The only ones who made us look anywhere near good for about 90 combined minutes were two inexperienced coaches who had nothing to lose so had some fun with it.

Outside the purchase of the ground, ticket sales and Corporate Hospitality/commercial revenue, everything else is an absolute failure.

Clem needs to accept that first, then he can work on fixing it.  Good luck with both - the latter means we are back where we were two years ago, just without as much nasty debt.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: