Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Stockport County thread  (Read 21869 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 20:28:11 »

Did Sandro do ok at Wigan? Sandro thinks so.

But yes, the recruitment model isn't necessarily a failure. Our use of it so far is. As demonstrated by the keys table.

Not every player is terrible. Some are good. But what point is there to that. Are we going to keep enough of the good to build on?
Did he do anything at Wigan? Their fans don’t seem to even know who he is and he was only there a few months. From what we’ve heard he was just mates with their owners son or something like that. There’s nothing in the public domain other than ‘head recruitment analyst’ on his LinkedIn page to show he did anything there.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 20:36:46 »

I can't see how anyone could blame Darcy for the goal.

Stupid free kick and a literal slice of luck from their defender did it
Thats what he said. Something like: You can’t blame the player who was trying hard to chase back after Hussey, it was because we didn’t set up properly if we were insistent on playing it short

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 20:42:01 »

Thats what he said. Something like: You can’t blame the player who was trying hard to chase back after Hussey, it was because we didn’t set up properly if we were insistent on playing it short
Wouldn’t blame him for the goal but he was beyond awful when he came along, gave the ball away with every touch rather than helping see us through.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 21:29:51 »

Bad news travels fast plus they can't forget the past🤣

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/220180-swindon/&do=getNewComment

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 21:41:15 »

City fans are just jealous that we made the Prem on a shoestring, and they haven’t after spunking so much money at it.  

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 21:44:19 »

The West Country's underachievers😀

So, give no fucks
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 12:23:11 »

I thought it was a good performance to say in the game after the early red card - obviously we had to move to 1 up front and hence why Austin was replaced at half time (he isn’t quick enough to play that role when we are a man light).
Some similarities with the Hoddle coordinated masterclass at Griffin Park when we got a 0-0 after being reduced to 9 (2 red cards in the first half hour) and Paul Bodin almost snatched a winner at the end.

We thought the RHM simulation decision was ridiculous - before the defender clipped him he was holding RHM’s shirt.
The disappointing things - delivery of set pieces was poor - we had very few chances as it was and hence needed to make more of these, also not taking any wind assisted long range shots in the second half. Taking the short free kick which led to the goal was madness.
The referee was appalling - it felt to me that he was trying to avoid any suggestion of him “trying to even things up” - hence Knoyle’s assault on Brynn getting a yellow and his subsequent ridiculous challenge on McEachran going unpunished (should have been yellow) were the worst examples, followed by the melee in our left corner where one of our players was kicked several times while on the floor. 
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 12:41:27 »

Everything else aside, Knoyle's challenge on McEachran was a blatant second yellow card. The yellow for Brynn for timewasting was a joke, when their guy got no punishment for punting it into the stand. Williams being rugby tackled off the ball, also ridiculous. Their striker then handballed it twice in our box just prior to Williams' booking. Dogs*** referee. The linesmen at this level should be replaced by robots. They NEVER have the guts to make a decision, even on whether it is a corner or a goal kick. Total cowards, and the only reason I have any sympathy for the refs. They get worse than no help.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 12:52:40 »

A valiant effort, but to no avail in the end.

We've seen in the last couple of home games that teams going well seem to make their own luck.
We are a million miles off at the moment.

Hopefully Morris is rolling with the punches & embracing the current difficulties with a view to turning things around in the summer & a positive start to next season.

A few comedy refs this season.
This one's card arm looked to be operating on auto pilot at times.
Brynn's booking was just laughable.

Then again, being switched on at the start of games is just as important as at the end.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 12:53:53 »

Highlights if not seen

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #280 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 14:08:18 »

Great catching up with Venks today after such a long time.
What a legend.

yeah, also saw Venks.

and meet posh red

Nice to meet you both
Thank you gentlemen, was great to catch up with you both and Posh, enjoyed hating the ref even if the game was not the bets, thought Stockport were poor but big, the ref could be the worst I have ever seen.

Didn't hear Stockport fans in the Town End, very quiet until they scored and even then made little noise for a decent turn out. Town End was pretty vocal for 50% of the game.

Stretton was lucky to not be attacked for gobbing off in front of the Town End, cunt.

A good day out spoled by football, ok a referee.

Cant fault the effort of Swindon just the quality was lacking where it mattered.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 14:40:01 »

fiiiiiiight

https://www.totalswindon.com/sport/frazer-blake-tracy-revealed-the-players-had-a-bust-up-after-defeat-against-stockport/

probably in every dressing of every club tbh
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 14:42:46 »

Some things need to stay private.

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 14:54:03 »

Good that this happens imo
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 15:22:34 »

I agree. A marker needs to be set down. Thinking he’d make a better captain than Charlie.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: