Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Stockport County thread  (Read 22310 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:39:24 »

Lindsey had a better record here than Morris has!!

Neither have been good enough.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:40:29 »

Let's be honest, the whole season has been a shit show.  Even most of our wins have been lottery wins.  We haven't really been blown away either.  It's all just been shit from top to bottom of the club.  Last season we punched above our weight in the signings we managed and sorted the off field mess.  We laid some sort of foundation and then built a house of sticks on top of it.

Recruitment has not been good enough.

Player sales have seemingly been approved without replacing the game knowledge some of the exiting players had, let alone immediate ability.

The management has been meh.

The club seems to trying run on fumes.

All very poor for a club getting 9k+ attendances in the bottom division without even selling them for peanuts like Bradord.

A failure on every level bar ground purchase.

Spot on Rob

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:42:17 »

Thought they'd got rid of the double jeopardy of red card as well as penno?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:42:49 »

The positive is that the revenue they've been receiving is well above anything for years, if ever.  If they sort the recruitment out and let Morris build quickly, those foundations largely remain.  Need to recruit a spine who know how to get out of this league or have talent beyond it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:43:22 »

Can still be a red if it's not an obvious play at the ball
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:43:43 »

The positive is that the revenue they've been receiving is well above anything for years, if ever.  If they sort the recruitment out and let Morris build quickly, those foundations largely remain.  Need to recruit a spine who know how to get out of this league or have talent beyond it.

Again, spot on

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:43:58 »

So you are expecting to hand a poor group of players that he had no input on to a manager, having let 3 or 4 of that squad leave, remove about 6 or 7 of those players through injury and allow him to sign a couple of OOC players but still expect him to improve results? 

I know you love to troll to get a reaction DV but even you are pushing it with this repeated bollocks.

You even blamed him for the red cards today Cheesy

Considering everyone else thinks Lindsey was a rubbish manager (fair point) and that Morris is a good manager (based on nothing) then yes, I’d expect to see what everyone considers a better manager getting better results from the same group of players.

Discipline has definitely got worse since Morris has been here. Is that a coincidence?
We’ve had more injuries since Morris got here, is that a coincidence?

Honestly, I don’t know the answers and I don’t know how Morris will fair long term. I really don’t.
I’m just genuinely baffled as to why fans are so certain of him already and why he’s getting an absolute free pass for what is now 3 wins in 11 games.

We weren’t a great team before he got here but we aren’t bottom feeders. We weren’t 3 wins in 11 bad. We were 6th. Again, yes the players aren’t the best but the tactics we’ve employed have been game costing on serval occasions which is mainly going unsaid.

We could have quite easily got a 0-0 today but we’re that focusing on playing passing football that we won’t even lump it in the box at 0-0 80 minute with a man down, that’s fucking scandalous.
Whether that tactics or individual player decision or both - it’s fucking school boy stuff imo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:44:49 »

Quote from: RobertT
The positive is that the revenue they've been receiving is well above anything for years, if ever.  If they sort the recruitment out and let Morris build quickly, those foundations largely remain.  Need to recruit a spine who know how to get out of this league or have talent beyond it.

yet apparently we are losing 500k a year. So revenue isn't high enough, or costs are too high.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:44:51 »

Angus dodges the 'youth ' question and expects Sandro to be here in the future

Cannot see Morris hanging around in this set up. Anyone who cannot see that the recruitment has been an utter shambles shouldn’t be in football
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:45:21 »

Quote from: Boeta

only if you make an attempt to play the ball
adje

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:45:52 »

Considering everyone else thinks Lindsey was a rubbish manager (fair point) and that Morris is a good manager (based on nothing) then yes, I’d expect to see what everyone considers a better manager getting better results from the same group of players.

Discipline has definitely got worse since Morris has been here. Is that a coincidence?
We’ve had more injuries since Morris got here, is that a coincidence?

Honestly, I don’t know the answers and I don’t know how Morris will fair long term. I really don’t.
I’m just genuinely baffled as to why fans are so certain of him already and why he’s getting an absolute free pass for what is now 3 wins in 11 games.

We weren’t a great team before he got here but we aren’t bottom feeders. We weren’t 3 wins in 11 bad. We were 6th. Again, yes the players aren’t the best but the tactics we’ve employed have been game costing on serval occasions which is mainly going unsaid.

We could have quite easily got a 0-0 today but we’re that focusing on playing passing football that we won’t even lump it in the box at 0-0 80 minute with a man down, that’s fucking scandalous.
Whether that tactics or individual player decision or both - it’s fucking school boy stuff imo.
Yep,agree with that

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:47:19 »

Quote from: Outletred
Cannot see Morris hanging around in this set up. Anyone who cannot see that the recruitment has been an utter shambles shouldn’t be in football

I mean Angus wouldn't just say "yeah he's going to get the boot", so we'll see.

Morris must have asked what our recruitment will be before he took the job. either it's changing from what it is now or he's happy with it
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:47:40 »

Morris is inexperienced at this level and needs to learn fast.

So, give no fucks
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:48:59 »

It's not the same group of players though.

No Reed, Gladwin or McDonald. That's a lot of game nous, and presumably day to day good at driving standards, gone.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 17:53:52 »

Morris:
- First 40 seconds: First to him getting a sending off so soon. Element of luck, with defender slipping allowing attacker to get through on goal. Wakeling trying to do his defensive work. Could have set up better, but bad luck in Tomlinson slipping
- Huge blow having spent days in preparation, and it all goes out of the window
- Tough one to take for everyone (players, staff and fans)
- We saved a penalty, which gave everyone a lift, but the fans came to see us win. It then became a dull watch rather than an exciting battle
- Fans could see the shift the players were putting in. The fans were class
- It was a must win, but that went out the window
- Proud that they worked that hard. They didn't look like they wanted to concede.
- We then concede from our own set piece. There is a disagreement from a couple of players. If we are going to play it short, we need to set up better
- Fourth game in a row were we aren't coming away with what we deserved.
- Morris then criticised the ref. Saying we should have had a penalty, but noone in the ground could work out what the ref was going to give in certain situations all game
- It was more of an entanglement by their defender than ours was with Wakeling
- Half time. Morris said we weren't good enough on the ball
- Only way to get rest is to look after the ball and move it around.
- Austin: Wanted to use RHMs pace in the middle. Had to sacrifice Austin. RHM used his body well today. He was on the receiving end of fouls that weren't given
- Our GK booked for wasting time, but they got nothing for booting the ball away and kicking our players when they were on the floor
- Minimum constructive things this season: Improve in all areas game by game. Not looking further forward than that. Moments for more players to get more minutes on Tuesday.
- Nullified a good team to not too many chances.
- Disappointing
- Asked players if they had spoken about the freekick where we gave around the goal. Some had comments about it. Morris then told them why it shouldn't have happened.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: