Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next seasons rebuild 23/24  (Read 28137 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 00:01:48 »

Am I missing something? A fair few of the players being dismissed as surplus to requirements will still be under contract next season. All very well saying bin them off - but to who?

To be fair Aud, Town Power somehow got money for James Brophy, so maybe Town can do a charm offensive, offer a really good bulk deal and convince Crawley to take about 6 of them into the Conference with them?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 06:42:57 »

Anyone know who had the biggest budget in league 2 and where we sat🤔
Impossible to know for this season but at a guess I'd say Salford as they are losing £100k per week.   Stockport will be up there too.

We are probably 6th-10th based on comments by Clem and Rob about being competitive but not top end.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 08:56:58 »

I think a rebuild/rethink/reset is required both on and off the pitch. Whereas last season, when Clem came in and we put together a squad of players, it appeared (for the most part) that everyone was moving in the right direction culminating in getting into the play-offs and being a penalty kick away from Wembley. The fans and players seemed to be aligned and there was a real belief that we could really kick on with what we had built and put together a really good crack at promotion.

Sadly, since Garner and then Chorley left, what was started last season was ripped up and whilst apparently we were putting some cohesive plan together, everything we seemed to do was a bit of a 'punt'. The Sandro moneyball thing sounded 'interesting' and 'odd' in equal measures and installing what was in the end a poor managerial team, (taking much longer than any club really should) as well as losing the crux of last season's play-off squad and replacing them poorly, or in some cases in January, not at all meant that this season has been really poor.

I'm hoping that the fact that Clem is still in England and has been for a while means there are plans in place to overhaul the football side of the club, both behind the scenes and on the pitch. The fact that Jody Morris and Ed Brand have agreed to the job suggests things are not a complete disaster, but the fact of the matter is that the goodwill of last season has almost completely evaporated. It's obvious there is malcontent in the fanbase and i've seen many people saying they are not renewing season tickets next season. This will hit the club hard financially. Whereas last season there was a connection between fans and players, I don't see that this season, there is nothing to get excited about with this side.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 09:29:49 »

The fact we couldn't beat Walsall who had not won in 11 and Rochdale who had won one in their last 11, says it all.
Set up to be our worst league finish since I've been going.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 20, 2023, 09:31:56 by 4D » Logged
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 09:41:09 »

Part of our problem last season was we let players dilly dally over our offers for too long.
Felt like Jack Payne took about 3 months to turn us down.
Plus from all accounts we didn’t even get down to contract talks till the end of our season late May.

Get the ball rolling earlier

We is doing a lot of heavy lifting there, we took weeks to recruit the assistant manager and when it was starting to sour, we took the compo and another age to recruit someone in when it was too late to do much in the window - and had a bit of a fire sale before he got there. So i'm not sure it was dilly dallying - probably waiting for something resembling an appropriate offer.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 09:43:08 »

I think one of the most important signings the club could make this summer is adding some experience to the boardroom. Someone like Mark Devlin, who has been around the block at every level. Rob Angus could shadow and learn from him, and it can only help, as we have showed a lot of inexperience with regards to the running of a football club these last 18 months.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 09:44:22 »

I'm hoping that the fact that Clem is still in England and has been for a while means there are plans in place to overhaul the football side of the club, both behind the scenes and on the pitch. The fact that Jody Morris and Ed Brand have agreed to the job suggests things are not a complete disaster, but the fact of the matter is that the goodwill of last season has almost completely evaporated. It's obvious there is malcontent in the fanbase and i've seen many people saying they are not renewing season tickets next season. This will hit the club hard financially. Whereas last season there was a connection between fans and players, I don't see that this season, there is nothing to get excited about with this side.

Mr Morfuni needs to wake up fast and realise 9k + gates are a rare thing and not a given - if he doesn't act and capitalise on that goodwill, it will set us back more decades.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 09:47:35 »

We is doing a lot of heavy lifting there, we took weeks to recruit the assistant manager and when it was starting to sour, we took the compo and another age to recruit someone in when it was too late to do much in the window - and had a bit of a fire sale before he got there. So i'm not sure it was dilly dallying - probably waiting for something resembling an appropriate offer.

We always take too long to do anything.

keeping the players we want to keep, signing new ones, Lindsey appointment as we were mugged off with the 'obvious choice' quote took too long, even pre season friendlies arent organised very well.

The goodwill has gone and blind loyal fans like me are not in the majority for next season.

Club has shot itself in the foot twice this season.  Its a fucking shame.

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 10:03:36 »

^ see you Saturday  Cheesy
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 10:34:07 »

Assuming this is accurate from the squad list thread, these are the list of players under contract for next season and beyond FYI.

GK - None

Defenders
2. Remeao Hutton - 2024 - 23 - D/WBR
4. Tom Clayton - 2024 - 21 - DC
18. Reece Devine - 2024 - 20 - D/WBL
20. Frazer Blake-Tracy - 2024 - 26 - DLC

Midfielders
3. Ellis Iandolo - 2024 - 24
5. George McEachran - 2023 (2024 option) - 21 - MC
10. Ronan Darcy - 2024 - 21 - MC
16. Jake Cain - 2025 - 20 - MC
17. Ricky Aguiar - 2025 - 21 - MC
23. Saidou Khan - 2024 - 26 - MC

Forwards
9. Tomi Adeloye - 2024 - 26 - ST
24. Jacob Wakeling - 2026 - 20 - ST
28. Tyrese Shade - 2024 - 22 - FRL

Obviously we will be offering other players new contracts but it gives an idea of who is likely to be around next season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 10:37:00 »

Assuming this is accurate from the squad list thread, these are the list of players under contract for next season and beyond FYI.

I've tried to keep that list up to date, the only three that have never publicly been spoken about are Brann, Lavinier & Roberts. I should imagine Roberts at least has another year.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 10:43:13 »

I've tried to keep that list up to date, the only three that have never publicly been spoken about are Brann, Lavinier & Roberts. I should imagine Roberts at least has another year.

Yeah, noted Nemo. I think your list is pretty accurate, as you say there are unknowns but at least it gives us an idea of the kind of players we are likely to have next season. I think you are probably right about Roberts and I suspect Lavinier might have an option, but we don't know.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 10:50:47 »

I thought Lavinier was a three-year deal.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 10:59:00 »

GK - None

Defenders
2. Remeao Hutton - 2024 - 23 - D/WBR
4. Tom Clayton - 2024 - 21 - DC
18. Reece Devine - 2024 - 20 - D/WBL
20. Frazer Blake-Tracy - 2024 - 26 - DLC

Midfielders
3. Ellis Iandolo - 2024 - 24
5. George McEachran - 2023 (2024 option) - 21 - MC
10. Ronan Darcy - 2024 - 21 - MC
16. Jake Cain - 2025 - 20 - MC
17. Ricky Aguiar - 2025 - 21 - MC
23. Saidou Khan - 2024 - 26 - MC

Forwards
9. Tomi Adeloye - 2024 - 26 - ST
24. Jacob Wakeling - 2026 - 20 - ST
28. Tyrese Shade - 2024 - 22 - FRL

Obviously we will be offering other players new contracts but it gives an idea of who is likely to be around next season.
I reckon a few of the 2 year deals will be options for a second year, not pure 2 year deals. We’d be stupid giving guaranteed 2 year deals to punts but then again we haven’t exactly shown much footballing intelligence this season.

Otherwise we really need find a way to offload Adeloye & Aguiar as a minimum as they just aren’t going to get game time if we are looking to challenge.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 11:06:00 »

I’d actually like to see Adeloye get some game time between now and the end of the season.
Most have written him off but he’s hardly been given a chance. I’d rather see him on the pitch than Jephcott who almost certainly won’t be here next season.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: