Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Friday, April 21, 2023, 20:47:05)
Sol Brynn - 0 (0%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 20 (43.5%)
Tom Clayton - 1 (2.2%)
Tom Brewitt - 6 (13%)
Remeao Hutton - 2 (4.3%)
Saidou Khan (sub 83) - 0 (0%)
Dylan Kadji (sub 57) - 0 (0%)
Jonny Williams - 14 (30.4%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (sub 86) - 2 (4.3%)
Luke Jephcott (sub 86) - 1 (2.2%)
Jacob Wakeling - 0 (0%)
Jake Cain (on 57) - 0 (0%)
Ronan Darcy (on 83) - 0 (0%)
Charlie Austin (on 86) - 0 (0%)
Marcel Lavinier (on 86) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bradford MoM Thread  (Read 1836 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 08:19:17 »

Williams wins far more headers all over the pitch than he has any right to as a shortarse.

yeah, his timing to win headers is very good. His goal last night was actually brilliant. His timed run was absolutely perfect and brave to power the header past Lewis.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 09:36:48 »

For me,his work rate was a major factor in our improvement. Good to have a striker that ran his bollocks off
Agreed and contrasted by Austin trotting about when he replaced him.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 09:41:26 »

Agreed and contrasted by Austin trotting about when he replaced him.

Poor and disinterested cameo by Charlie wasn't it? If Morris moans about Adeloye's lack of effort then surely he can't let Austin get away with a performance that was effective as an old man mooching about a garden centre for 10 minutes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 10:04:36 »

I viewed it as Austin coming on to be a more defensively able old head.

He certainly wasn't a force in attack.

But I did read he was straight down the tunnel at the end and sidestepping fans on leaving. I'm not trying to start rumours, 2+2=5 far too easily, but maybe he's not fully happy?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 10:18:12 »

I viewed it as Austin coming on to be a more defensively able old head.

He certainly wasn't a force in attack.

But I did read he was straight down the tunnel at the end and sidestepping fans on leaving. I'm not trying to start rumours, 2+2=5 far too easily, but maybe he's not fully happy?

It was a sensible substitution, but surely he can put more effort in for the final 10 than he did? I saw Cheltenham Clown Car Kostiuk mention that about Austin going down the tunnel at the end and so dismissed it out of hand. That's a shame if he did as at the final whistle there did seem to be proper celebration between the players for getting the lack of win monkey off the backs. Williams in particular seemed cock-a-hoop. (probably on a large goal bonus/double figure for the season goal bonus Smiley )

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: